Sub Screens

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 AtrusW0nder

AtrusW0nder

Creator

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Do you remember how to import a script? Take Avataro's combination script from that thread, and then

1. Save it as bossKey.z (must be .z)*

2. In ZQuest, go to Quest->Scripts->Compile ZScript (or just press "C")

3. Press Import, and find bossKey.z

4. Let the script compile, then go to the item scripts tab and assign the script to an empty slot

5. In the item editor, for your boss key, go to the script tab, set the pickup script to bossKeyAndMessage, and set the D0 value to the number of the string to play

6. Repeat step 5 for each boss key

* If you have other scripts, you must put them all in the same file or they won't all work.

Ok, but am I able to give other items a message script as well if I combine the two scripts together? And does this mean I have to get rid of the original message-item script by itself?

I thought that I could maybe just make a custom item boss key and make it level 2 to override the original boss key. But I can't get it show, that's why I'm using scripts...

Edited by AtrusW0nder, 20 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#32 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yes you can still have the original item pickup message script as well. Just put both that script and my combination script in one .z file, just like MoscowModder said and you can have both at once. :D

#33 AtrusW0nder

AtrusW0nder

Creator

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yes you can still have the original item pickup message script as well. Just put both that script and my combination script in one .z file, just like MoscowModder said and you can have both at once. :D

Got it! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users