FFC for Custom Bosses

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

I've been curious about Custom Bosses for a long time and I figure that FFCs are a big component of making the dynamic. This was evident in Lost Isle when Peteo used them for the Dracolich, Baruch and Morlach battles. My question is, in the LI Build (because to me, its the last stable build and I prefer to work with what I know) how do I get them to work? What are the baby steps from commencing work on them to completion when they are part of the active custom boss battle? I would really like to know how to use these. It'll help in a variety of situations, not just in boss battles. Like if Link triggers a event, I can use FFC to provide the on screen animation that a bunch of combos would do. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

I don't know how it works in LI build because i have know idea how to get that to work. but I'm sure it's the same as the other versions. select the combo you want to use. then right click and a small box pops up. then in that box go to the bottom of the box and click paste + edit FFC 1 or higher.

well here is a video. FFC tutorial

it has LI graphics and it's recorded by cam studio so it has horrible quality but i hope it helps

#3 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

hmm, the video wasn't overly enlightening. It assumes a lot of prior knowledge and the explanation wasn't informative.

#4 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 19 2010, 01:09 AM) View Post

hmm, the video wasn't overly enlightening. It assumes a lot of prior knowledge and the explanation wasn't informative.

sorry i don't exactly know how to use LI build so i shouldn't of just assumed it was the same. I'll try to go get it to work then help you.

so i downloaded it and there is no zquest file in it. what do i do?

Edited by Nightmeres, 19 July 2010 - 08:04 AM.

#5 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

Zscript has changed a lot since LI build... You should get the lastest build, it's not buggy at all.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

Don't care really about Zscript, since I won't be using it. LI Build is what I'm sticking with. Don't want to bother converting what I already have to a new build and having to fix everything to get it to work. So please, people stop convincing me to switch, its never going to happen. Thank you.

#7 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

and I'm sticking with 1.90 for the foreseeable future. keeps me out of the scripting forums completely.

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 19 2010, 08:09 AM) View Post

What didn't you understand? I haven't used ZC in 3 years and I have forgotten a lot of stuff, but to me it pretty clearly showed how to set up freeform combos. You just go to the editor, choose a combo to use from the list of combos, then you set all the values (loccation on screen, speed and acceleration) icon_smile.gif

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

I guess my question is, inbetween each 'movement' of the FFCs (be it Morlach hands or blue balls of death for robot sentries (lol)), do you insta-warp to a new screen to set up a new movement?

#10 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 20 2010, 01:57 AM) View Post

I guess my question is, inbetween each 'movement' of the FFCs (be it Morlach hands or blue balls of death for robot sentries (lol)), do you insta-warp to a new screen to set up a new movement?

Yeah! Every time the Dragolich changes direction or Morlach's hands start doing something different, there's an insta warp between these two different movements. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Peteo, 20 July 2010 - 12:57 AM.

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

Awesome, then I now know what I need to create my custom bosses... >:D

EDIT: I take that back. When said freeform combo collides with Link, how does he take damage? And how do I set how much?

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 20 July 2010 - 04:35 AM.

#12 Mariolink263

Mariolink263

Senior

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

You set the combo it uses as a damage combo.

#13 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

cool, wildly flying 24 heart damage combos coming your way! bwhahahahaha! well..not really. icon_razz.gif

#14 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 20 2010, 04:03 PM) View Post

cool, wildly flying 24 heart damage combos coming your way! bwhahahahaha! well..not really. icon_razz.gif

Don't scare us like that, honey... icon_eek.gif

#15 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

People can't really say much about the LI build anyways, because I have yet to find a zquest out there for that build. I too recommend simply upgrading to the latest build...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users