Two problems

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

Okay, my regular OW is on Dmap 0. The map number is 1 and the level number is 0. I have "View Overworld by pressing Map" ticked.

My town is on Dmap 3. The map number is 3 and the level number is 0. I have the map rule ticked.

My snowy area is on Dmap 12. Map number is 12, and the level number is 0. I have the map rule ticked.

Those are the settings for the three DMaps I want to be connected into one real map (Map meaning the map when you press the map button.)

#17 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 02:13 PM) View Post

Okay, my regular OW is on Dmap 0. The map number is 1 and the level number is 0. I have "View Overworld by pressing Map" ticked.

My town is on Dmap 3. The map number is 3 and the level number is 0. I have the map rule ticked.

My snowy area is on Dmap 12. Map number is 12, and the level number is 0. I have the map rule ticked.

Those are the settings for the three DMaps I want to be connected into one real map (Map meaning the map when you press the map button.)

if map number is 1, 3 and 12 they would never be shown together, you need to re-arrange those screens to the same editor map

#18 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

Okay but, if I did that, how could I get the name to change on the top left corner of the screen? Another thing is that, if I kept all the screens on the same DMap, would it be impossible to change the pallete for each different area? (E.g, the snowy area, how could I get a winter pallete if only one DMap uses one pallete, which is currently the OW pallete.)

#19 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 02:23 PM) View Post

Okay but, if I did that, how could I get the name to change on the top left corner of the screen? Another thing is that, if I kept all the screens on the same DMap, would it be impossible to change the pallete for each different area? (E.g, the snowy area, how could I get a winter pallete if only one DMap uses one pallete, which is currently the OW pallete.)

Not the same Dmap, its quite comfusing with all these maps icon_frown.gif

But in order to get the overworld map to show all screens, you need to move all your screens to the same "editor map" in zquest, you can then use different dmaps for each region.

#20 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:34 AM

Okay, I think see what you mean... so you want me to copy all the town screens and the snowy area screens into one DMap? Then use a side warp (scrolling warp) to alternate between region?

Are you sure it would still work like that? :O

#21 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 02:34 PM) View Post

Okay, I think see what you mean... so you want me to copy all the town screens and the snowy area screens into one DMap? Then use a side warp (scrolling warp) to alternate between region?

Are you sure it would still work like that? :O

1) The Dmap is where you choose your palette for the minimap and choosing the map title.
2) The Editor map is where your design all your screens.
3) You need to have screens located on the same Editor map if you want them to show up together when you select "view overworld map", so yes you need to copy screens to the same editor map, the screens still can have different DMaps though.

#22 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

Okay, I have now pasted all the OW screens on the same editor map. However, when I tested it in-game, it still doesn't work.

I really, really, really, appreciate your time for helping me, I also appreciate your patience, but can you proceed helping in any way possible? I'm really desperate... icon_cry.gif

#23 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 02:46 PM) View Post

Okay, I have now pasted all the OW screens on the same editor map. However, when I tested it in-game, it still doesn't work.

I really, really, really, appreciate your time for helping me, I also appreciate your patience, but can you proceed helping in any way possible? I'm really desperate... icon_cry.gif

Copying to the same editor map is the only think neccessary, if it still doesn't work check your side warp settings so they all go to the newly copied screens and not to the old screens. icon_smile.gif

#24 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

So, is it okay to make the regular OW (map 0) lead to the town (map 3) or will it not work that way? Because I've tried leading the screen to DMap 3 and it refuses to work somewhat.

Maybe a step-by-step tiny guide would help? icon_redface.gif

#25 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 02:56 PM) View Post

So, is it okay to make the regular OW (map 0) lead to the town (map 3) or will it not work that way? Because I've tried leading the screen to DMap 3 and it refuses to work somewhat.

Maybe a step-by-step tiny guide would help? icon_redface.gif

Because you copied your screens, you also need to update your DMap so they hold the the right coordination for the new editor map, also check each side warp so they have right coordination set (use Go-button to check if the wark leading to the right screen)

#26 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

All side warps are A-Ok and I think I "updated" my DMap.

Hmm, should the level number for the town and the snowy DMap be the same as the OW Dmap? The OW Dmap's level 0.

#27 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 03:12 PM) View Post

All side warps are A-Ok and I think I "updated" my DMap.

Hmm, should the level number for the town and the snowy DMap be the same as the OW Dmap? The OW Dmap's level 0.

I don't think level numbers is an issue, I have all my OW set to 0 by default.

#28 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

Well, I guess the level numbers aren't the problem then.

There must be something small I'm missing to why these screen's won't connect! It is really odd icon_neutral.gif

#29 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Yoshifave @ Feb 15 2010, 03:22 PM) View Post

Well, I guess the level numbers aren't the problem then.

There must be something small I'm missing to why these screen's won't connect! It is really odd icon_neutral.gif

There's one option in the DMap dialog "show only maps selected in dmap" uncheck that option if on.

#30 Yoshifave

Yoshifave

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

Nope, it was not the problem because they are already unchecked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users