Official Metroid: The Chozo Prophecy thread

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

So, the next Demo will be after you finish the first boss?

#17 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 12 2006, 06:55 PM) View Post

So, the next Demo will be after you finish the first boss?

Basically. If you consider a Miniboss a boss. I don't, so let me restate it:
The next demo ends before the first real boss, even though it'll surprise you.

#18 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Oct 12 2006, 05:57 PM) View Post

Basically. If you consider a Miniboss a boss. I don't, so let me restate it:
The next demo ends before the first real boss, even though it'll surprise you.

You'll more likely hear me call Zelda's premade bosses "minibosses".I hardly find an Aquamentus threatening. So, I call bosses "bosses", and minibosses "minibosses".

#19 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:09 PM

Okay, a note to all: Expect new screenshots later today. Just expect them... after I finish the Miniboss. Muahaha.

#20 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:49 PM

Gah, I promised screenshots, but I haven't evenc begun to work on the miniboss. I can't help it. But I promise, I'll finish the demo in time for the Fall Expo! This quest is what I plan to show in the Expo, so be prepared. Also, if I do not finish the miniboss by Monday, you guys have the right to pwn me in whatever way you can think of. You also have the right to do so if I don't submit a demo of this quest to the Expo.

#21 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:08 PM

I usually don't post promise dates, due to the fact that I may break a promise. But, as long as we know you are making the miniboss sometime this year, we're happy. icon_smile.gif

#22 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:02 PM

The demo is kinda short... You should realese bigger demos in the future... no offence

Edited by sci, 14 October 2006 - 10:02 PM.

#23 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(sci @ Oct 14 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

The demo is kinda short... You should realese bigger demos in the future... no offence

he's right. Demos consist of showing off a significant amount of gameplay without showing off too much of the game. Metroid Prime had the Space Pirate Frigate (1 area, 1 boss, a few enemies, a variety of abilities). So, the size of your first Demo should be about this size, minus the variety of abilities.

#24 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Oct 15 2006, 12:38 AM) View Post

he's right. Demos consist of showing off a significant amount of gameplay without showing off too much of the game. Metroid Prime had the Space Pirate Frigate (1 area, 1 boss, a few enemies, a variety of abilities). So, the size of your first Demo should be about this size, minus the variety of abilities.

I know, you're right... But here's the thing- I get distracted VERY easily. It's best if I release small demos. If I try to make them big, I'll end up forgetting to release them.

Also, forget about me finishing the miniboss tonight- I just got done having to use System Recovery on this computer, and there was a possiblity that my mom wasn't going to let me run it, just because she didn't want to lose all the work I've done on my little Geometry class I do on this computer... But I don't care. We would've lost it anyways, seeing as the computer kinda froze, so we couldn't save it anyways... or use it...

#25 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

Just a little update here. I've finished the Miniboss, so I'm almost to the point where the Demo ends. In fact, it's just a very few screens away, but... There's more rooms to visit before the demo's over. So, with that, remember the magic words: ALAZAMBOOZAL! icon_biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users