Item disable

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

hello everyone. I can ask a question ? It's possible to create a ffc script for a room that it disable certain items types and make it a wave effects ? 
Like for exemple attribute the item ID number that will be disable for the room that keep the items on the inventory ? the item disable could be renable when Link enter in the room where the ffc is not setting up on the room 

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

I can ask a question

You sure can ;)

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can do both of these with ZC alone. If you want an item disabled, you can disable any item for any d-map. Go to Quest-> D-maps, pick a d-map, click "edit", and go to the "Disable" tab. You will have to make different d-maps for each area where the item is disabled, and this could be messy depending on how often/ how much this will be used. However, if you are only doing this for one screen, just have the previous screen side-warp you to the other d-map with the items disabled.

And if by "wave effect" you mean make it look like it is underwater, then there is the "underwater wave effect" d-map flag for that. It makes the screens look wavy. :)

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

Well it's not excatly that way i do wish to disable the items. and when i do try with that way well... here's a major bug that Link continue for exemple in the room that not supposed to happen even with the No Continue Screen active. and then the player could break the game it's that the problem with that way. 

• Anthus likes this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Well it's not excatly that way i do wish to disable the items. and when i do try with that way well... here's a major bug that Link continue for exemple in the room that not supposed to happen even with the No Continue Screen active. and then the player could break the game it's that the problem with that way. 

Oh, okay. Maybe an FFC script might be better. I didn't know the exact use, but I thought it might be a cutscene. But yeah, you wouldn't want the player getting stuck like swordless Link in OoT. :blah:

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

:P right 

• Anthus likes this

#6 idontknow8

idontknow8

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

FFC Script ItemJinxes{

void run (int item1, int item2, int item3, int item4, int item5, int item6, int item7 ){

while(true){

if(GetEquipmentB( ) == item1 || GetEquipmentB( ) == item2 || GetEquipmentB( ) == item3 || GetEquipmentB( ) == item4 || GetEquipmentB( ) == item5 || GetEquipmentB( ) == item6 || GetEquipmentB( ) == item7){

Link->ItemJinx = 2;

}

Waitframe( );

}

}

}

Add a FFC to your screen and then add this script to the FFC.  For arguments D0 - D6 put in the item IDs of all the items you want to disable, up to 7.  If you want more than 7, simply copy this FFC and put in different arguments.  Then voila!

What this script is essentially doing is disabling the item use button for 2 frames every time you have any of the listed items equipped.  This resets it to 2 every frame so it's a constantly loop that keeps resetting.  When you no longer have any of the disabled items equipped but instead switch to a useable one, it escapes the loop and the jinx will then go away 2 frames later.

Edited by idontknow8, 12 January 2018 - 07:43 PM.

#7 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:56 AM

That's a surprisingly simple solution!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users