zquest guy interior dmap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 linkinsphere

linkinsphere

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Is it possible to have a guy in a cave on one screen and another out in the open on another screen within the same dmap? I've tried Screen rules, such as "Treat Screen as NES Dungeon screen" and "Treat Screen as interior Screen" on both. Thing is, I've tried this with the Dmap rule "Special rooms are guys in caves only" check AND unchecked. I can only get one of the two guys to do what I want. (Depending on the Dmap rule, of course.)

If anyone can help me with this issue, I'd really appreciate it! :)

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

You should be able to put a guy on every screen. If can tell us what you are trying to do, we can give you more specific instructions.

#3 linkinsphere

linkinsphere

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

You should be able to put a guy on every screen. If can tell us what you are trying to do, we can give you more specific instructions.

So basically, I have an Interior DMap, a cave, if you will. When you enter the cave, there's an opening to another screen on your right. When you enter it, you should see Abei (Guy) and he will speak to you upon entry of the room. A screen up from there, there's a Cave opening in the wall. When you enter the warp, you should automatically go to Screen 80 (Cave screen) and speak to the Guy there. But my issue is that I either have them both outside of screen 80 (Which I want for the screen to the right, but not for the screen upwards.) I want one Guy to be outside of a cave and the other to be within a cave (Screen 80).

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Unfortunately, toggling a DMap flag between screens can't be done. But there's a couple ways to fake it. The most common would be to fake a screen 80 by just having a warp to another dmap with identical cave screens and guys in them. An alternative if you wanted to get weird, you could have two near identical DMaps that are connected with side warps, one with the flag set and one with it unset. Any time you want a guy to appear outside of a cave, you'd have side warps on the surrounding screens go to the "guys allowed" DMap and all the side warps leaving the screen go to the "no guys" DMap.

• Anthus likes this

#5 linkinsphere

linkinsphere

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

Unfortunately, toggling a DMap flag between screens can't be done. But there's a couple ways to fake it. The most common would be to fake a screen 80 by just having a warp to another dmap with identical cave screens and guys in them. An alternative if you wanted to get weird, you could have two near identical DMaps that are connected with side warps, one with the flag set and one with it unset. Any time you want a guy to appear outside of a cave, you'd have side warps on the surrounding screens go to the "guys allowed" DMap and all the side warps leaving the screen go to the "no guys" DMap.

Got it to work! Thanks bro!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zquest, guy, interior, dmap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users