Photo

Screenshot of the Week 73

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose wisely! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose wisely!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:49 AM

Hergiswi
user posted image
An artist at work in a peaceful forest.

Shoelace
user posted image
Welcome to Windy Peak. Watch your step or you may fall off the mountain.

IaN
user posted image
Can you find all 6 butterflies?

Skateboarder11
user posted image

Gashin
user posted image

Ccc
user posted image

Link128
user posted image

Shashomaru
user posted image

SotW 73 will end Friday around 5PM CT.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#2 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:03 AM

Oh wow, lots of submissions... Well, I would vote and all that fun stuff now, but my dad is requiring me to go to church... I will comment and vote later.

#3 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:17 AM

I enterd in the wrong week.
Hergiswi: Good shot, though could use more variety with the grass.
Shoelace: You've already read my comment in eotw., still can't think of how you make it better.
IaN: Exelint screen.
Skateboarder11: You've already read my comment in eotw.
Gashin: Excellent screen, excellent new tiles Gets vote.
Mine: Got messed up a but when it was uploaded to purezc.
user posted image
still won't win though.
Link128: Good screen, though you shouldn't have saved it as a jpg.
Shashomaru: Too dark, can barely see anything.

Edited by Ccc, 19 December 2004 - 12:01 PM.

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:51 AM

Hergiswi: Very nice, overall shot, but yes more variety in the grass would make the shot better. icon_wink.gif
Shoelace: Very nice, probably would help with more action and more variety.
IaN: Awesome shot Ian! Again you win, but I think this week is closer than any other with you in it. icon_razz.gif
Skateboarder11: I've never been a fan of this tileset, but with that, this is still a great shot. icon_thumbsup.gif Everything is very random and this is a very good shot.
Gashin: Woah, this is nice too. It's pretty much tied with IaN, but the walls look strange, and personally push the shot back.
Ccc: There are 2 problems with this shot. 1. The trees are in a big group, yet aren't random. It's kind of a boring look. 2. The grass has an inconsistant spot that looks bad.
Link128: There's not a good setup in this shot, so it's pretty much just a plain old shot. Make more varience in the entrances and exits of the screen
Shashomaru: This is simply a too dark shot for SOTW. Even if there is a lot of detail, I can't notice it. icon_shrug.gif

#5 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:05 PM

That "inconsistant spot" was caused when it was uploaded to purezc space, I put the screen how it rely looks my earler post, I made a mistake with the file type, I fixed it.

#6 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:26 PM

Ehh.. IaN ownz mah soul. icon_razz.gif

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:50 PM

Gashin shot has nice new tiles, but IaN's shot is just prettier though it's another forest shot ( icon_glare.gif )

icon_wink.gif

#8 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:37 PM

I voted Hergiswi. I don't know why, but I really like the CGBZ tileset's tiles. icon_shrug.gif Plus, it's promising to see a newbie that can make a decent screen. icon_thumbsup.gif

Shoelace: Oomph... a close second to Herg. Actually, now that I think about it, I probably should have voted for this, because it has more variety in the color. However, it's kind of too late for that. icon_heh.gif

IaN's screen looks the same as the last two times, though has some very nice tiles, but I like shots with color variety.

skateboarder11's is nice, but that mountain seems awkwardly placed to me.

Gashin's is WAAAAY too bright. icon_dead.gif

Ccc: To tell you the truth, I agree with LTM here. It does have some nice tiles in it, though. icon_thumbsup.gif

Link128: Um... it's okay. Nothing amazing though. Though the cloud seems a bit randomly placed.

Shashomaru: Too dark. I can barely see the shot. All I see is an insanely dark shade of green.

#9 Link128

Link128

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:02 PM

I vote Sholace because the graphisme don't count and for my....the screenshot is special! icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Link128 @ Dec 19 2004, 05:02 PM)
I vote Sholace because the graphisme don't count and for my....the screenshot is special!  icon_thumbsup.gif

Excuse me? I couldn't understand you.

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Dec 19 2004, 05:18 PM)
Excuse me? I couldn't understand you.

He's French.

Let me try and clarify:

I voted for Shoelace because my own screenshot doesn't count, and Shoelace's screenshot is special! icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(Ben @ Dec 19 2004, 05:35 PM)
He's French.

Oh, really? Sorry about that... icon_confused.gif

If I could vote, I'd have to say I'd vote for Gashin's...I love the way that's set up and bright and stuff.

Edited by Hergiswi, 19 December 2004 - 06:06 PM.

#13 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:42 PM

My vote goes to Gashin. The tiles and screen are setup great. Ian would have been my second vote. icon_razz.gif

#14 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:45 PM

Righto, haven't commented for a while... so here we go.

Hergiswi: Nothing terribly eye-catching, and personally i don't like the gameboy colours. The tan subscreen background is hideous and the map looks a little weak, much too... boring. Add a border or something, try to spice it up a bit.

Shoelace: The mountain and the grass is all a little too square and unnatural for my liking, and I don't think those vines were made to bend like that. You might need to edit those a bit... I don't mind the colours though icon_wink.gif

IaN: I like it much more than your other Minish cap screenshot, these tiles will probably become more and more common... looks good though. Oh, and... found em icon_razz.gif
user posted image

Skateboarder11: ... I have to say, pretty poor use of SD3 tiles, and a pretty boring shot. Half the screenshot is covered by mountain. If you took the time you could've come up with a much more interesting shot.

Gashin: Wow, haven't seen these before, custom tiles? A little too bright for a cavern and the bright blue walls don't really meld into the harsh black enough. Not much room to move, but since you're only fighting keeses i guess it doesnt matter. One thing though... how can there be a shadow beneath the icicles? Surely they're meant to be attatched to the ceiling... yet its as if the light source is above them. icon_wink.gif (im just nitpicking)

Ccc: Too much monotany. You definatly need some shadows or overbrush or something because those trees are so repeditive. Apart from that it's not too bad a shot.

Link128: Not bad, glad to see you didn't make the trees symetrical. The clouds a bit redundant, looks like you've just put it there in an attempt to liven up the screen. The blue path looks awful, sorry.

Shashomaru: Simple, yet nice layout, good combonation of different trees and bushes... but it's all the same colour. There needs to be some more... well... colours.

Well thats all of em... and my vote goes to...
IaN, with Gashin a close second for originality. Well done to both of you.

#15 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:34 AM

NoeL: I see what you mean about the walls into the black background, I guess I should fix that. as for the shadows, the walls are crystals (obviously), and I wanted to make it look like they were giving off light, hence the shadows, but I guess those should be fixed as well. oh, and there stalactites, not icicles

[edit] ok, I updated the cave tiles alot, and they look a little better, in my opinion. if I could post it in place of my current one, I would, but...

Edited by Gashin, 22 December 2004 - 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users