• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

I have heard around the ZC community about issues with ZC n windows 10 especially after the many absurd updates that have been released. I have gotten it to run flawlessly so if anyone is having issues leave them here and I will do my best to guide you!

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

Mine crashes whenever I try to set the room item. 2.50 b24

Never mind, 2.50.2 fixed this.

EDIT: Oh, and won't run fullscreen. ZQ also won't run in 2.5 interface in anything other than 1x scale.

Edited by NoeL, 30 September 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#3 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

Untitled.pngI dont often use the editor, sorry if that wasn't clear. However in terms of getting ZC to working full screen I have a fix for that. Download the freely's DXGL here: https://en.freedownl.../DXGL-FREE.html.

Sadly I cannot post a screen shot here but just fiddle around with the DXGL, (like I did) and It will work. If gameplay is laggy open the Intel graphics setting and go to display, then check scale full screen, then check override application settings. If this doesn't help I am about to do a guide on how to get ZC to work. A tutorial of sorts.

Edited by Deathrider365, 30 September 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#4 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

I am about to do a Zelda Classic tutorial tonight, i will record and upload tonight so be ready. It will be: Here 

#5 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

ZQ also won't run in 2.5 interface in anything other than 1x scale.

Maybe your resolution is too low? At 2x, it's 1600x1200, and it won't start if the window would be too big to fit on the screen.

#6 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Yea I didn't get to making that tutorial video, I has a lot of homework to do, I will make that video this weekend though.

#7 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:44 AM

Mine crashes whenever I try to set the room item. 2.50 b24

Never mind, 2.50.2 fixed this.

EDIT: Oh, and won't run fullscreen. ZQ also won't run in 2.5 interface in anything other than 1x scale.

I confirm that ZQ works but fullscreen does not.but i try the DXGL and see if it works with it..

Edit:i also use 2.50.2

Edit 2: now ZQ works in fullscreen in Win10 with DXGL tool

Edited by judasrising, 08 October 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#8 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

Sorry that I didn't get that tutorial up, many things happened that was unexpected. I will get it up eventually.

#9 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

Sorry that I didn't get that tutorial up, many things happened that was unexpected. I will get it up eventually.

I can write a tutorial for it i have ideas for it,inklude how to setup it and get it to work right in Win10. i use DXGL myself and works fine,ZQ works in fullscreen..

#10 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

I have made the tutorial fro zelda classic, I will have ti up within 2 hours, just need to edit it!

#11 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

The tutorial has landed: https://youtu.be/NF53sA214HY

Hope it helps!

Edited by Deathrider365, 10 October 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#12 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:48 PM

Hello, Zelda Classic 2.53 will run on my Windows 10 computer.

When going to full screen, it stretches too much making the menu bars impossible to see and it sometimes crashes in full screen mode. Also when going to control setting, it won't let me set my controls to use shift for the start button. It gives me the message that all key bindings must be unique.

I noticed there is a video tutorial that uses DXGL to fix these issues. The video was made back in 2017. The menu for DXGL is different for the most current version and I'm having a difficult time setting up the resolution on DXGL for Zelda Classic. The apply button is never highlighted.

Can anybody help me out?

#13 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:14 AM

Hello, Zelda Classic 2.53 will run on my Windows 10 computer.

When going to full screen, it stretches too much making the menu bars impossible to see and it sometimes crashes in full screen mode. Also when going to control setting, it won't let me set my controls to use shift for the start button. It gives me the message that all key bindings must be unique.

I noticed there is a video tutorial that uses DXGL to fix these issues. The video was made back in 2017. The menu for DXGL is different for the most current version and I'm having a difficult time setting up the resolution on DXGL for Zelda Classic. The apply button is never highlighted.

Can anybody help me out?

Grab this early package of 2.53r3.

DXGL is packaged with it in a standalone format, and you can toggle it on/off and select between three presets (provided by Bill Feely over at dxgl.org) from ZLaunch.exe (drivers tab). You should simply be able to enable DXGL, then go to the ZC Player tab and select Fullscreen mode, then run ZC from the button.

Please report any difficulties.

#14 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Thank you very much ZoriaRPG!

Zelda classic is now able to fit on my screen properly, including the menus. Zelda Classic also doesn't freeze on my computer anymore! It still gives me the "all key bindings must be unique" message when I try to set the start button to left shift. If that is the worst of it, then I will adjust. 

#15 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:24 AM

Thank you very much ZoriaRPG!

Zelda classic is now able to fit on my screen properly, including the menus. Zelda Classic also doesn't freeze on my computer anymore! It still gives me the "all key bindings must be unique" message when I try to set the start button to left shift. If that is the worst of it, then I will adjust. 

Check all three key bindings dialogues. One of the others must be set to use LShift. Glad it is all working for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 10, how, how to play zc on windows 10, how to, how to on windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users