Herald of Heroes Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 DrDiabetus

DrDiabetus

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for both your replies^^

Anyway, I thought that the things you mentioned are part of the solution but I still don't get it. The other two were quite obvious, but the last two, I don't really see how they are done. Could you give me some more advise :)

As for the time being I will go to the desert

#32 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for both your replies^^

Anyway, I thought that the things you mentioned are part of the solution but I still don't get it. The other two were quite obvious, but the last two, I don't really see how they are done. Could you give me some more advise :)

As for the time being I will go to the desert

il300w2i47au4i0zg.jpg

This screen show you hammer the lily pad first, cause there's a 1 on the screen. Although, the screen you do this on is one below this screen.

8kte1yrusnqlh5bzg.jpg

This screen shows you have to start one left from the thing that you use the shovel to make in oracle of ages/seasons. And then move left until those tiles end. The rest of the movements are connected to this one and work in the same way. The screen that you use this on is up one and right one from this screen.

#33 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

I'm stuck on Phoebe the dragon, and not sure if these issues are bugs, or if I'm just wildly missing something. Here's what happens.

After the first sword strike, the boss ends up in the position below. After I hookshot over and take a single step, the fight immediately transitions to some new sequence:

JSWvJBX.png

I can then strike the dragon for a second time in the new second sequence of the fight. When I strike the dragon for a third time in the "cave" phase of this third battle sequence...

c8vLICl.png

The fight briefly transitions into a "green" phase of a new sequence...

pcIiAFu.png

But then, the fight transitions into the sequence below, wherein none of my sword strikes or items, in any of the four phases of the battle sequence, seem to register as hits against the dragon. In this last sequence pictured below, I am thus completely stuck.

LzgZCYm.png

FWIW, I am playing on ZC 2.50.2, and I am having all of the issues above following saving my game after losing to the boss the very first time I faced it. 

Edited by Marv Albert, 02 March 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#34 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:59 AM

Wait until sky, then hookshot to the north side of the screen first and let the fight continue. Seems like an oversight that you can access the other hookshot tile at that time.

#35 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

I'm not sure why, but I was eventually able to get a 4th sword strike on the dragon and go on to win the battle. I had previously tried resetting, restarting ZC, and continuing, all to no avail. I would keep getting stuck in that 4th sequence.

Wait until sky, then hookshot to the north side of the screen first and let the fight continue. Seems like an oversight that you can access the other hookshot tile at that time.

Right, that's what I was doing. The problem was, when I was able to hookshot over to immediate proximity of the dragon in the 4th sky sequence, my sword strikes would do nothing - regardless of whether I was trying to strike the dragon in the sky, cave, green, or desert phases of that 4th sequence.

Strange bug, quirky ZC 2.10-style boss fight, or what?

Edited by Marv Albert, 02 March 2018 - 10:44 AM.

#36 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:02 PM

I'm not sure why, but I was eventually able to get a 4th sword strike on the dragon and go on to win the battle. I had previously tried resetting, restarting ZC, and continuing, all to no avail. I would keep getting stuck in that 4th sequence.

Right, that's what I was doing. The problem was, when I was able to hookshot over to immediate proximity of the dragon in the 4th sky sequence, my sword strikes would do nothing - regardless of whether I was trying to strike the dragon in the sky, cave, green, or desert phases of that 4th sequence.

Strange bug, quirky ZC 2.10-style boss fight, or what?

No, I mean, instead of hookshoting over to the boss, hookshot to the top side of the screen and let the fight progress further, and wait until you get another opportunity.

#37 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

So, I found out why this happens. I forgot to put secrets disable time warps on that screen.

For one it is only possible to hit him in the sky version on the that phase. I am now going to put in a update to fix this now.

Edited by TheRock, 02 March 2018 - 04:59 PM.

#38 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

I beat the main story line and left a review. There are a few things that I just couldn't figure out, though:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Marv Albert, 05 March 2018 - 10:28 AM.

#39 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:45 AM

I beat the main story line and left a review. There are a few things that I just couldn't figure out, though:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Useless Old Man Wisdom likes this

#40 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

First off, i Love the difficulty of some of the puzzles so far.

Now my question.  I may be missing something, but i cannot for the life of me figure out the puzzle in Zora's Prison.  

The one i am referring to is the one with the four floor switches.

Any tips on where to get the answer in the dungeon, or is it just process of elimination?

only 24 possible combinations, just keep trying 

I am stuck in prison as well, short a key or something, THere is also a long narrow path, next to another long narrow path with a key lock, and a block at the end that you can only push up, which brings you to the same place as the first long narrow path, so what purpose does it serve?

#41 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

only 24 possible combinations, just keep trying 

I am stuck in prison as well, short a key or something, THere is also a long narrow path, next to another long narrow path with a key lock, and a block at the end that you can only push up, which brings you to the same place as the first long narrow path, so what purpose does it serve?

Allows you to go on the staircase once you get the water down on that level.

Edited by TheRock, 05 March 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#42 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

stuck in zora prison, 

I am in the room where you have to hookshot across some gaps to reach a chest, that presumably contains the big key.

It has 3,2,1,0 counters, 

This is impossible. I have tried dozens of times, and even if you are frame and pixel perfect you still can't reach the chest before the time runs out

#43 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:31 AM

Spoiler

Makes sense. I must have solved that puzzle by brute force and disregarded the obvious clues that were right there.

stuck in zora prison, 

I am in the room where you have to hookshot across some gaps to reach a chest, that presumably contains the big key.

It has 3,2,1,0 counters, 

This is impossible. I have tried dozens of times, and even if you are frame and pixel perfect you still can't reach the chest before the time runs out

Spoiler

Edited by Marv Albert, 06 March 2018 - 06:35 AM.

#44 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:12 PM

stuck in monsters hideout. Short a key, got the big key, but need the one last key to get upto the final area

i assume it has something to do with hammering this down

https://imgur.com/a/Aomk7

but yet there is no key, I tried all 3 seasons too, and nothing. I tried all the items. Not sure what I am missing.

#45 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

stuck in monsters hideout. Short a key, got the big key, but need the one last key to get upto the final area

i assume it has something to do with hammering this down

https://imgur.com/a/Aomk7

but yet there is no key, I tried all 3 seasons too, and nothing. I tried all the items. Not sure what I am missing.

Keys are indicated by the little white dots on the minimap. On the screen with the whack-a-mole you have pictured, you already found that key. Looks like you need to go do some backtracking and double check that you got a key from all the rooms indicated on the minimap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users