Bravely Second - End Layer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

Yeahh, I definitely got a case of "Bravely Burnout" cause I did start the sequel pretty much right after beating the first one. IIRC, it was the announcement of a sequel that got me to finish the first one. So, a year later, I'm ready and refreshed. I'd recommend it, since you seem to be a pretty big fan of RPGs. But yeah, small doses. I had a little over 100 hours, and got everyone to level 99. I got most of the jobs to level 14, but not all of them. I didn't actually know there was a post-game dungeon, but I may be just forgetting it. I know there's really OP enemies that appear in the village, none of which I've been able to beat.

#17 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

So I've hit a wall. I dunno, maybe I just don't like turn based RPGs anymore, but this game got repetitive fast. I kind of quit after reaching Hartschild (chapter 2) and I dunno if I'll finish it. I want to like this game more, but I just can't get into it as much as I want to. It's such a time sink, and I don't really care about the story, tbh, since it's pretty much every RPG story ever (omg stop the "empire" who is trying to "take over the world" or whatever).

I like the combat, but again, it get's boring. That's the bottom line. Sure, I can make it through with my OP party, but that gets boring. Training jobs and being weak af is boring, and not fun. This game.. doesn't reward you for being good, it rewards you for spending time. Wanna get the items from the moon? Spend time. Wanna level up a character with a job for a skill? Take some time. Wanna get through a cutscene? They take a while. The other problem I have is with the level design itself. It's just.. not that good. Most dungeons are just mazes, and a few have the occasional switch, and splitting path, but you are essentially walking from point A to point B, and it's just boring.

I'm not saying this is an objectively bad game, but I'm just not really feeling it, unlike Shulk.

#18 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

I hate that the options to stop earning X don't buff the earnings of everything else. So if you decide you don't want to gain XP you don't gain a buff in money, BP and job points gain for example.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 25 August 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#19 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

I hate that the options to stop earning X don't buff the earnings of everything else. So if you decide you don't want to gain XP you don't gain a buff in money, BP and job points gain for example.

Iirc, there's late game items you can get in this game as well that let you do this, but yeah, it would be cool if you could from the jump.

#20 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

It'd make the grind so much less frustrating if turning off the ability to grind some things buffed the remaining things you can grind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users