• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Do I understand this properly:

1> When Link uses the item for the first time, it sets a destination point.

2> When he uses it again, it sends him to the destination point (a pre-set teleport).

Is that right?

If so, I will have to try it, as it is a gigantic improvement over the present items that permit teleportation. Any set-up and operation instructions would be appreciated, assuming any are required to solve quirks in item performance.

#17 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well, that's what it's supposed to do, but I haven't been able to get it to work. MM did and tested it though, and it worked for him, so it's probable that I'm STILL doing something wrong.

#18 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

It might be that the script is getting called twice with every use. I just added a one second cooldown timer that should prevent this (untested).

Farores Wind 1.1

#19 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ok, I just added that, and now it seems to be skipping the "set" part and going straight to the warp.

#20 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Are you using a blank (never saved) save file each time?

#21 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yes, I do that every time I alter the global, I delete the save file and re-start it

#22 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is really cool! I hope this script will get finished correctly (thanks MoscowModder for every script you've helped people to make) since this will make Farore's Wind SO MUCH LESS useless than it already is. I've always thought the same thing, and hopefully this will be a script that people will be able to use because of its shear usefulness. Thanks MoscowModder for the scripts and thanks Lineas for making the topic! :D

• Binx likes this

#23 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Oh, by the way, if it helps, I keep a constantly updated .zip file containing my quest, key, and script files on hand in case anyone needs it for troubleshooting, (if my descriptions aren't helping, because I suck at explaining things).

#24 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm going to be unavailable all day tomorrow, but I'll get to finishing this eventually.

#25 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

No worries, I have a few small things I still need to do before releasing my next demo, anyways, Enjoy.... Whatever it is that you're having to do tomorrow. :)

#26 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

So... Yeah, I'm kind of an idiot. It wasn't working cuz I had it set to a custom itemclass. For some reason I thought you had scripted one that DOESN'T take you to the beginning of the dungeon. As soon as I set the item class to "Farore's Wind" it worked perfectly. So, yeah, that's what was wrong.

EDIT: So, yeah, if anyone wants, this would also make a handy Oocoo script, if anyone's trying to do a Twilight Princess remake.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, yeah, is there any way to assign a specific cset to the warp point combo that gets created?

Edited by Lineas, 13 August 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#27 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Okay, ready to get back to this. To make it easier, can you (meaning anyone who is waiting on this script) list everything that needs to be fixed or changed?

For starters: I added Lineas' suggestion to set the warp point's CSet.

Farore's Wind 1.2

#28 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Honestly, as far as I can tell, as long as it's attached to a farore's wind class item, there ARE no real bugs. Well, technically, if you were to finish half of level 2, then warp out and go to level 3, you could warp back to level 2 from inside level 3, but I don't know how feasible it is to make it check that the dmap you're tying to warp to is the same DMap you're on. Other than that, it works beautifully.

#29 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Wait, you attach it to a Farore's Wind item? Using non-custom item classes is usually an invitation for trouble.

That being said, here's an update that only warps you within the same DMap.

Farore's Wind 1.3

#30 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

EDIT: So, yeah, if anyone wants, this would also make a handy Oocoo script, if anyone's trying to do a Twilight Princess remake.

What about an OoT remake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users