Push Blocks Off Triggers Freely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

My weakest point in making a ZC Quest right now is coming up with interesting block puzzles. To help me with that, I downloaded a Sokoban generator program, which basically generates them for me under the conditions I give it. However, it wasn't designed around Zelda mechanics. It assumes that there are only normal floors and walls, and doesn't consider sections of floor where Link can go but blocks cannot, and it allows the player to push blocks onto a goal button, and then push them back off.

So, since there doesn't seem to be a generator that has the blocks stick to the buttons and allows Link to stand on some places where blocks cannot go, I thought maybe it would be easier to go the opposite direction with this.

I'd like to request a custom-made block trigger that works identically to the normal ones except that blocks pushed onto the trigger can just as easily be pushed back off. Just like normal, all the triggers have to have a block on them at the same time to activate screen secrets. Because this would also allow for possibly longer and more complex puzzles, this needs to not interfere with how secrets are activated, so that I can use an existing script I already have to keep the screen secrets active permanently afterwards and prevent the player from having to re-solve the puzzle every time the room is entered. (A puzzle that requires 130 block pushes to solve would be hell if it was in a central location and had to be constantly re-solved every few minutes.)

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

Only almost 4 years late, but I was just in need of this myself. I figured I might as well reply in case you still needed it.

Keeps the secrets the same if you give 0 for D1, or triggers them permanently if you give any other number so you don't need whatever other script you have.

Spoiler

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

Moosh has a script in the database that does this + more.

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

I couldn't find it with a comb through the database. Could you point me to it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Now I just feel silly! At least it's good scripting practice...

Edited by venrob, 10 January 2018 - 09:56 AM.

• Deedee likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users