Photo

Screenshot of the Week 85

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:38 AM

LTM gets my vote. I quite like the dark palette that has been used here. Super setup of th escreen too. icon_wink.gif

#17 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

LTM snagged my vote- at first, I said "Holy crap, that's ugly.", then I looked at it closer and proved myself an idiot.

The gray at the top isn't the prettiest thing in the world, though. icon_neutral.gif

#18 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

Drari: Nice moth, but something felt missing. No life, I suppose.

LTM: Nice color. It has warmth. Nice Link, too.

Venom343: No life. Everything just dull.

#19 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

I vote for LTM.

#20 Guest_DeFray (Guest)

Guest_DeFray (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:22 PM

I voted for Venom 343. I like the creativity of it. The lawnmower doesn't look amazing, but it's a LAWNMOWER, which is quite unusual.

LtM and Drari, what the heck is Link's B-Button item?

LtM, your shot looks rather dark on my screen. All the same I like that Link sprite, it almost got my vote. The gray is pretty dull, though.

Drari, with a bit more detail in that moth (maybe just some random pixels?) it would look awesome. It's from LttP, isn't it? And is that stuff falling down the middle of the screen pollen from his wings? Because that would mean it could be an awesome custom boss.

#21 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

LTM he had alot of detail and o loved his link.

#22 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

meh, null vote.

#23 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:37 AM

Why would you vote null..? Do you not like any of these?
-----------------------------------
DeFray said
I voted for Venom 343. I like the creativity of it. The lawnmower doesn't look amazing, but it's a LAWNMOWER, which is quite unusual.

Um..Venom 343 has no votes, ^_^;;;

Edited by Zemious, 14 April 2005 - 11:39 AM.

#24 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

heh thanks for pointing it out icon_sweat.gif

#25 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

none of them stands out as 'special' and deserving as Screenshot of the Week. icon_unsettled.gif That's just me though. I have high expectations.

#26 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

I also have high expectations, thats why I gave a description on why I picked who I picked.

By the way, Venom.
I really liked what you did but, it just needs a bit more work bud.
Try next time.

You never know who you will be facing, ^_~

#27 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hmm... On the one hand, Drari made good use of my rock tiles... on the other hand, I question whether that rock layout is good for a custom boss. Where can you move? What are you supposed to do? I wonder........ Also, the ground needs a little more... stuff. It's mostly just green.

LTM, yours is good, but when it gets that dark, it'd be best to lighten up the palette considerably before taking a screenshot. It's perfectly fair to do that, if the picture is hard to see otherwise. There's no reason to keep it as-is. Also, if those birds use CSet 9, you could darken the CSet so they look more appropriate in this dark area. You can also use palette cycling to do the same to CSet 6. There's nothing you can do about the red deku scrubs, though. (Hmm, this screen is a lot like Deluge Forest...)

Hmm, pretty little scr-... what the?? A lawnmower?! icon_odd.gif Okaaayyy... now THAT'S different. Is that a usable item, or something? icon_confused2.gif ...Anyway... this is a nice screen, only I'm not sure what you're supposed to do here, and there are too many square patterns in the scenery.

Very difficult call, but I think I'm going with LTM. He would have had my vote without question if the screen wasn't so dark. Behind the intense darkness is some good layout, though. It looks more complete.

#28 GameLink7

GameLink7

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

Drari: Nice tiles, good arrangemnt, light enough for me to see in my moniter, get the vote! (BTW, like the Mothula too, but fix the darn Menu BG with the -LIFE- font color, it's kinda hard to see)

LTM: Good shot also, a dark forest it is, with a lake...) Didn't catch me directly as Drari's did, but good job!

venom343: As much as I love the CGBZ tileset, you screen lacks certain things that would have helped in a good screen (Hint: Might want to join the trees, they look to orderly...)

-GameLink7

Good job, good week, these words, I speak...

#29 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

Venom's overall shot and Drari's ahriman...thing... are too bright for me. I voted LtM, but I think that bright yellow beak of the crow is a little out of place in a darkish forest.

#30 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:21 PM

LinktheMaster is our SotW 85 winner. Congratulations!

SotW 86 will start tomorrow morning.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users