Photo

The "Best Of" Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Best of Show. (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which quest in the contest is the best in your opinion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

Your contestans produced some pretty good quests in two weeks. Now we decide who's the "Best of Show" of the two week contest.

Hyrule's Christmas - CastChaos
The Legend of Zelda: The Meaning of Christmas - LostInHyru1e
Miniquest - Link75
The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Wizard - Pheonix
The Legend of Zelda: The Fort Knights - Joe 123

Discussion is encouraged.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Of course I nulled.

I feel the most love towards my own quest, but apart from that, I loved Fort Knights (Joe123) the best and not just because the scripts, it was built up greatly, playing 4 areas in any order was great, because I was playing them simultaneously.
Second place would go for The Dark Wizard (Pheonix), that GB quest was very enjoyable and the Eye of the Storm level was insanely great. However, I found the last part too hard...
Third would go for Meaning of Christmas (LostInHyru1e). I found it to hard and sometimes too bland. Not as good as the Eternal Winter demo was.
Fourth place goes to Miniquest (Link75). This quest had some nice things at the beginning, but later the blandness grew too big.

May the best scripter win!

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

I nulled obviously aswell.

Glad you liked mine CC, your's was definately good too, and Pheonix's, Link75's was pretty fun although it was lacking in some areas, and I never got round to playing LiH's in the end.

May the best scripter win!

Heh, we'll see.

#4 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Nulled, may the best man win. I'm glad this is finally going to end. icon_smile.gif

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

I like the Meaning of Christmas the best. The other quests might show off neat graphics, or awesome scripts, but somehow classic set quests with good dungeons always have appealed to me more.

#6 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

they were all good quests. my vote went to joe123 because i thought he had the most ambitious/involved project. generally speaking, all five quests were highly playable. though each quest had its rough spots, none of the authors produced sloppy work.

#7 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

I loved all 5, but I have to say the fort knights. It was a highly enjoyable quest and the scripts made it really fun. The gameplay was amazing and the level design was simple in a good way. Everything I like about ZC was right in there. I loved the use of the GB graphics. At times, I would find something in a screen that didn't look right, but hey! It was made in 2 weeks! icon_razz.gif I loved the tunics. They were really creative.

My second choice would be Hyrule's Christmas. It was simple yet fun as there was 2 endings. I played the BB demo and it's really fun to say; "Hey! I know this place!" Everything was nicely built. But I found one frightning glitch in level 3. (The level in Link's House.)

Overall, they were all good. But I just had to choose Fort Knights.

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

My favorite is "Hyrule's Christmas", My other choice would of been "The Legend of Zelda: The Fort Knights" it was pretty good for a demo. icon_smile.gif

#9 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

Hyrule's Christmas - Pretty fun, but it was way too hard. There was like, peahats and stuff. (based off the DX version in the database)

Meaning of Christmas - Honestly never played it.

Miniquest - This is the kind of quest I like, except for the really big major ones. Simple, fun, decent graphics, etc.

The Dark Wizard - Never even saw it. o_o

Fort Knights - It was fun, the scripts were cool, kept me playing a bit.

I'm nulling to be fair to the 2 I didn't play.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

I am seeing the same trend here as at AGN. Everybody is voting for the Fort Knights just because of the neat scripts. This just proves that working hard to produce script beats working hard to produce dungeons. No offense Joe, but I think that if you didn't have some of the scripts like the holes, and the bosses, you wouldn't win the contest. But it does show that you are an A+ scripter.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Feb 10 2008, 05:19 AM) View Post

I am seeing the same trend here as at AGN. Everybody is voting for the Fort Knights just because of the neat scripts. This just proves that working hard to produce script beats working hard to produce dungeons. No offense Joe, but I think that if you didn't have some of the scripts like the holes, and the bosses, you wouldn't win the contest. But it does show that you are an A+ scripter.

Well yeah, I mean, if I hadn't used the scripts, I'dve put more attention to detail into the dungeon design because I'dve had to.

Dungeons suck anyway, I know my dungeons are crappy but I put a lot of effort into the overworld.
I don't really enjoy playing them all that much personally, so I don't really feel much of a push to put too much effort into them.

Level 3's not so bad I spose.

Edited by Joe123, 10 February 2008 - 03:59 AM.

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

I don't like Fort Knights just because of the scripting. I loved the overworld and even though the dungeons were simple, they were fun. icon_wink.gif

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Thanks, it's nice to have things other than my scripting appreciated too icon_smile.gif

Edited by Joe123, 10 February 2008 - 03:16 PM.

#14 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Feb 10 2008, 03:16 PM) View Post

Thanks, it's nice to have things other than my scripting appreciated too icon_smile.gif

You're welcome

#15 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 4 2008, 03:25 PM) View Post

Fourth place goes to Miniquest (Link75). This quest had some nice things at the beginning, but later the blandness grew too big.

Hopefully you had a chance to play through the third dungeon. That was definitely the highlight of this quest. In fact I'm using it for my next (and second) quest. I only had a few hours to work on level 4 so it did suck in comparison to the first three. The desert and mountain overworld areas were bland too. I promise things to be different in a full quest if I can finish one.

I wasn't able to finish playing through everyone's quests, but from what I got to play they were all impressive for 2 week quests! icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users