"Short" Hookshot?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I was just trying out the level 1 "short" hookshot in 2.5 RC2. Yeah, it's supposed to be short, but it's still going all the way across the screen! I even stood Link on the far right of the screen with a clear shot to shoot all the way to the left of the screen; it's going all the way.

Has anyone got the short hookshot to work as short instead of long?? icon_confused.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, I tried changing the "Chain Length" from 50 to 25; it's still going all the way across the screen.

Edited by Lightwulf, 05 July 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Set it lower. The screen is about 11x16 tiles (I think), so you'll definitely want it lower than 25 for a 'short' hookshot.

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Okay, I just tried "8" and it only goes halfway across the screen. I really think it should be set that by default.

#4 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, it probably should.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

There's a BIG problem with setting it that way by default though. Any quest made in 2.10 o earlier, where it goes across the screen by default, will suddenly become unplayable. The hookshot that used to cross the whole screen, and which has puzzles designed around that, now only goes halfway there. Surely you can see the problems that would lead to.

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

The default setting (in the blank quest template) would only affect the version the template is made for - namely 2.50. It wouldn't do anything to 2.10 quests.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

That would just cause more confusion though, as suddenly the hookshots in the classic set would be behaving differently than the hookshots in every other tileset.

#8 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

If 2.10 Hookshots behave the same way 2.5 Longshots should, why not make 2.10 Hookshots become the 2.5 Longshot, and have the regular 2.5 Hookshot be set to only go halfway across the screen? It's not like that would break any quests, because 2.10 Quests would only have one Hookshot.

(I hope what I said somewhat makes sense)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users