Let's Talk Majora's Mask

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

We've had a thread like this for tons of series. Let's just focus on one game now. Has anybody here besides me played Majora's Mask? Opinions on it?

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

I played it. It was fun and all, and I enjoyed a lot out of it. I liked the ideas that went into that, too.

I also loved the alien part. That was fun. icon_razz.gif

#3 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

That part was creepy as hell. I remember getting nightmares the first time through...

To me, the best boss was Odowala, followed by the Stone tower and Ocean temple ones (which I'm too lazy to look up their names XD). Goht was just annoying, with the bombs littered everywhere.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

I though Goht was fun. I just got annoying because I had to fight him once, go back in time, fight him again, to unfeeze everything to reforge my sword, then beat him again because I forgot to get a powder keg license. icon_smile.gif

I didn't think the alien part was too creepy. It was actually kind of funny, especially if you loose and they abduct the cows.

My favorite level was definitely the Stone Tower. The whole tower flipping over was an amazing idea.

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Goht wasn't too bad for me, either. A little annoying, but nothing overtly annoying.

I agree on the cow abducting. That was pretty funny. icon_razz.gif

Stone Tower was indeed awesome. Also had one of my favourite dungeons songs in Zelda.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

Stone Tower's on the top of multiple favorite lists of mine. Favorite video game level, favorite video game music, favorite video game level gimmick, etc. There wasn't a single bad thing about that level. It even made you use all four Link forms.

#7 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

MM was a masterpiece. It was scarry from the very beginning on. I was so confused the first time playing it. Everything happend out of my control, I was forced to be that Deku and stuff. And than, the more quest status I got, the more it bacame logically. The stray fairy gathering was pretty fun. The dungeons were amazing. I loved it. And those references to OoT! The music! One of the best Zelda games. Period.

Edited by Sheik, 17 May 2009 - 01:45 PM.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

The references to OoT was nice. It was almost like they took most of the elements from OoT and rearranged them into a completely different setting.

And they're called Spread Farries Germany? In the US version, they were called Stray Farries. I guess it's just another localization thing. icon_shrug.gif

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 17 2009, 08:33 PM) View Post

And they're called Spread Farries Germany? In the US version, they were called Stray Farries. I guess it's just another localization thing. icon_shrug.gif

icon_redface.gif Ehehe. Corrected.

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

< My title says it all

I lvoed the game and i sitll play it to this very day my favruit part is well umm when there 6 hours left (I sometimes do this to chanlege myself give myself alot less time)

#11 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 17 2009, 01:35 PM) View Post

I though Goht was fun. I just got annoying because I had to fight him once, go back in time, fight him again, to unfeeze everything to reforge my sword, then beat him again because I forgot to get a powder keg license. icon_smile.gif

Dangit, I knew I forgot something.(I have to fight him again to get the powder keg license icon_sweat.gif)

QUOTE(Russ @ May 17 2009, 02:33 PM) View Post

The references to OoT was nice. It was almost like they took most of the elements from OoT and rearranged them into a completely different setting.

OoT and MM were, at one time, going to be the same game. MM would've been an add-on, using the disk system add-on, I think. There would've been 7 days, etc. It goes back to all the times OoT was delayed and delayed again.

Edited by Alestance, 17 May 2009 - 01:59 PM.

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE(Alestance @ May 17 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

Dangit, I knew I forgot something.(I have to fight him again to get the powder keg license icon_sweat.gif)

I know your frustration. I was getting ready to throw my controller through the TV yesterday when I realized I forgot to go back to the Goron and get my license.

I lvoed the game and i sitll play it to this very day

Do you have it on Virtual Console?

my favruit part is well umm when there 6 hours left (I sometimes do this to chanlege myself give myself alot less time)

That part's awesome. The music's just plain epic there. And depressing.

Has anybody besides me beaten the Kaifa and Anju sidequest? That one's really fun, and really depressing.

#13 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

I played through the game and even posted the playthrough on youtube. (http://www.youtube.c...71C1B80A31691B7)

I liked Stone Tower Temple, but the only thing I didn't like was getting up that freaking tower. I had to play that one song like fifteen times.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

Ah, the Elegy of Emptiness. I like that song.. Very depressing. Fits the feel of the Stone Tower pretty well. Although I think it's stupid that the Deku statue it makes can't hold down a switch.

#15 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

We've pretty thoroughly hashed over MM in my opinion, but for those who missed it-

MM is, IMHO, the greatest game in the series. The whole thing plays like some sort of warped dream. It outclasses OOT (which was what it was compared to, back in the day ) in its plot, which is highly appealing to me, and in its gameplay, which offers more of a challenge than OOT ever thought about. Many complain about the three-day system, but I thought it was highly unique. Many also complain about the side quests, but those just add to the detail.

But overall what did I like about the game? The mystery. The game leaves so many questions, particularly about Ikana Kingdom and the Stone Tower. I am so intrigued with these two subjects that I'd love to see a quest on them (I know there will never be a game from Nintendo). Sadly, to my knowledge, that hasn't happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users