Pokemon Go

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

Apparently it's a feature that's coming back once it's fixed.

Honestly my biggest complaint with this game is the lousy consumer relations more so than anything. :P

#62 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

and third-party services were shut down because it impacted Niantic's ability to maintain quality of service.

I can't help but be somewhat skeptical of this. I think it's more likely that they just didn't like those services existing. Regardless, it's nice to hear that tracking is coming back. An announcement like this would've been nice before they removed it though. Is telling people what you're doing really that hard?

#63 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

Is telling people what you're doing really that hard?

Well, it implies that you care and that's not always a given. They collect your data and make their money regardless of whether you think their service is consumer-friendly or not. At this point, they don't have to give a fuck anymore anyways, because everybody is already hooked and won't stop playing.

#64 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

It's true they've made tons of money, hand over fist, so to speak, and established a massive user base thus far, but it's only been a month. Niantic can't go pissing people off just yet. They need to take time, communicate, and fix problems or that user base could dwindle, or some other company could cash in and make a similar game, but I'll concede it would be hard to make a dent in the market, at this point.

Monster Hunter Go, anyone?

#65 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

or some other company could cash in and make a similar game, but I'll concede it would be hard to make a dent in the market, at this point.

The problem with this is that the only reason this game got this big was because of the pokemon brand. Just contrast the game with the previous one, ingress, which was their own original IP and didn't do nearly as well even though the gameplay is similar.

There is no doubt in my mind we'll start seeing clones, but it's also worth noting that these games run on the back of googles data and services'. Ergo, it would be hard for a competitor to get into the market.

#66 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

I just got back from a Pokemon Go hunt with my little brother and my cousin! I caught a lot of garbage. :)

#67 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

So who's still playing this game? I picked it up again late last year and wouldn't mind adding some PZC buddies.

My code is 2484 8432 1391

Edited by NoeL, 12 January 2019 - 07:19 PM.

#68 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

I've been playing since the summer. Been evolving a bunch of starters recently and catching some of my favourite Gen IV Pokémon. Got my Staraptor and Abomasnow, and getting closer and closer to Toxicroak. Also, evolved my shiny Cyndaquil to Typhlosion.

Would be good if I could get some friends in game. That way I get closer to getting Celebi :P

If anyone cares, my friend code (sorry, trainer code) is 7061 3607 2635

Edited by klop422, 12 January 2019 - 07:05 PM.

#69 Grogan

Grogan

• Members

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:56 AM

I've been enjoying my rangefinders for hunting and playing since the summer. Been evolving a bunch of starters recently and catching some of my favourite Gen IV Pokémon. Got my Staraptor and Abomasnow, and getting closer and closer to Toxicroak. Also, evolved my shiny Cyndaquil to Typhlosion.

I definitely play here and there. Not a lot during the winter, but the weather is getting better and better so I'll be out there more often. haha

Edited by Grogan, 10 December 2023 - 05:56 AM.

#70 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

But the winter is when you get all the snow pokemon!

As of now the only one worth caring about is Snover (since you get Sneasel and Swinub literally all the time), but my point stands.

I guess Snorunt is ok because of Frosslass...

#71 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

It depends on where you live I guess. I rarely ever see most ice types other than Sneasel outside the winter event where I live. Winter events are very precious to me right now because most ice types rarely show up on my end.

#72 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:47 PM

To be fair, I caught a ton of sneasel during the Halloween event as well, because they're dark types. Swinub are really common though, where I am.

#73 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:12 AM

The game runs with biomes throughout, so some pokemon that are ultra common for you might be ultra rare for someone else. Sandshrew as an example, spawns constantly in certain biomes. However, they are literally non-existent for me to ever see unless I hatch one or a local nest rotates to them.

If Swinub is around you, you might want to stock up on Candy in advance too. Mamoswine looks to be the best Ice type attacker in the the game and will be quite helpful if/when Rayquaza returns as a raid boss. If it gets a good move for Community Day, you'll want to evolve a good bunch of them during that at least.

#74 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:02 AM

I've got like 190 Swinub candy, although they're less common now than they were a couple months back. Although for some reason it won't let me evolve my Piloswine despite the fact that Mamoswine is in the little image they showed for their news thing. Just a little frustrating. I like Mamoswine.

Anyone else want to post trainer codes? I still need at least two to get my Celebi quest underway. I mean, later on I need to trade (which for some reason you can only do locally), but I'll solve that one later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users