Photo

[Request] NPC Tiles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

As of late, I've been digging around for some NPC tiles that we haven't all seen before many-a-times before; mostly townsfolk. I've searched without much avail, so I'll turn to here to see if anyone knows of anything.

I'm using the MZC set, and am trying to keep these NPCs 16x16, but I've been debating whether it'd be a good idea to have a slightly taller scale, bumping my personal limitations up to 16x32. (Not using the entirety of it, of course. Just to gain some extra pixels to work with.)

As for types of NPCs, I'm not looking for anything particular aside from human characters to populate a world. Townsfolk, shop keepers, guards, that kind of stuff.

If anything, it'd be better to get taller tiles that I can shrink and edit than to get a smaller one than to take a smaller one and try to upscale it. (And yes, I would do the editing to make it look good. I'm not that lazy. icon_wink.gif)

Anyway, any recommendations? Games to look into with sprites that may fit my needs? (I already looked into Final Fantasy stuff; not really what I'm looking for) Anything is greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

#2 Ice Cream Link

Ice Cream Link

Ascendant

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(Lemon @ Jan 6 2011, 06:37 PM) View Post

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=47377

There's a ridiculous amount of NPC sprites in there, you can simplify them/color them yourself to use.

I remember Lemon saying this to me. Maybe you could check it out.

Edited by Ice Cream Link, 28 February 2011 - 07:36 AM.

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

It's not the most complete of sets, but jimmyb's New DoR NPCs might work for you, so long as you don't mind ripping them.

#4 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hm...Solid stuff here. Thank you both for your recommendations. I really appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users