Maybe Just One More Quest

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

Well, I've graduated college and I have a job now (yay me) and so school is no longer an obstacle to making a cool game. But why would I go into the world of questmaking again? I've made a game in a team (which is on Steam BTW, not that it matters because it's multiplayer and basically nobody plays it) with Unreal 4...

Truth is, I got the Oracles on sale and they have inspired me (first time- I'm currently on level 3 in Seasons, continuing from Ages.). I remember 6 years ago (or something like that), I had this vision for a top-down Metroidvania quest taking place on an island. For good old times, I think I'm gonna come back and make it.

Not that I have any legacy to live up to or anything. I only ever finished game-jam style quests, after all.

I have still been periodically lurking the forums. I just haven't had much to contribute.

This isn't an official quest announcement. I still have to nail down my vision before I make it official. I'm excited to see where this adventure takes me. Despite all its quirks, I've never found another game engine that competes with the joy of making a quest. I guess ZC just strikes that perfect balance between flexible and ready-to-create.

• Eddy, Avaro, Jared and 2 others like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Good to see you back again, and that sounds great. Good luck with your future project.

Also, I'm just curious, what game did you make with your team? I honestly probably won't play it, as I don't really play multiplayer games, but I'd like to see it at least. :P

#3 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

The game is called Nokbak. Definitely a game to play at a LAN party. Provides good clean fun for 30 minutes, easily.

It's basically FPS x Super Smash Bros.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:32 AM

The game is called Nokbak. Definitely a game to play at a LAN party. Provides good clean fun for 30 minutes, easily.

It's basically FPS x Super Smash Bros.

It looks really fun, actually. I quite like the idea of, well, knocking people back out of bounds and whatnot. The animations, and characters, and assets all look really nice too. It looks pretty high quality for a free game, and you guys should consider expanding on it in the future. :)

#5 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

Hey, I remember you! You left me my favorite review of all time:

oAP3H3k.png

:lol:

Welcome back! You can leave as many times as you want, but it'll never stick--or so I've learnt.

• Beefster and Anthus like this

#6 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

lol. I don't remember leaving that review but it does seem like me from around that time.

#7 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

lol. I don't remember leaving that review but it does seem like me from around that time.

It's all good. It made me sad back then but now I crack up every time.

Edited by Geoffrey, 01 December 2017 - 09:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users