Photo

Pecunia non olet

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Pecunia not olet ?

You will pick up from the ground 10,00 $ even if is under the shit of a dog ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

If you found 10,00 $ on the ground but there a big shit of dog on it. you will pick it anyway even if it dirty and stinky ?

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 16 September 2018 - 03:44 PM.

• Jenny likes this

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

I'm imagining £10, not $10, but honestly, probably not. I'd probably do £20, though.

Although here in Britain (or at least in Scotland), £5 and £10 notes are actually plastic now, so maybe I would, and I'd wash it. Probably end up cleaner than a lot of money you get anyway.

Probably would depend on how quickly I could get it (and my hands) clean.

Slightly related, I did a few years ago stick my hand in an unused toilet (i.e. flushed, and not used since) to get 10 pence, so maybe I would :/. I mean, I was like 12.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#3 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:49 PM

i pick up and give it to the cops, someone may have lost it... 

I'd trust they'd find the rightful owner and give it back to them. Surely they wouldn't just pocket it.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

I'm a poor medical student. Money is money. I've also fished around in the body cavity of a dead woman which was filled with preservatives and fecal matter. What do I have to fear from dog crap anymore? Aside from hookworks, but even then, they'd just cause some irritation in the skin for a few weeks without causing system symptoms, and $10 is still $10.
  • Anthus, Jared and Matthew like this

#5 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:35 PM

Hell yeah, I've grabbed worse stuff. :lol:

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

Yes. Then I'd use it to buy soap.
  • Matthew and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:31 PM

Ew, that dog shit has money on it!

• Anthus, Dark Ice Dragon and Chris like this

#8 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:17 AM

I mean it depends. Is the big shit tzu dog sleeping? I mean, it'd be pretty rude to wake it up just for 10$. Hell, it might even be their 10$. Maybe that's why it's lying on it; it doesn't have a wallet to keep it in. And that's not getting into the issue of you touching someone's dog without their permission, you creep.

Edited by Dimentio, 15 September 2018 - 12:18 AM.

• Moosh likes this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

Like what klop said, the UK uses plastic money now so a simple rinse would probably clear everything. So sure I suppose lol (though I wouldn't feel comfortable at all)

#10 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

Yeah, I'm changing my answer. A quick clean with water (maybe even some washing up liquid/soap if I'm feeling especially squeamish) would make it cleaner than most money anyway, and wouldn't even damage it.

Although, regarding the last answer in the poll (and veering slightly off-topic), I feel bad finding that much money, but £10 isn't really enough for some one who lost it to go try and look for it (especially to the police). I remember we had a discussion early on in school on what one should do if one found £50 lying around on the street. It think what they said was bring it to the police, but another option was give it to charity (with keep it being a last resort). When I did find £10 lying on the ground last year, I spent it at a charity bookshop. Take from that what you will.

#11 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:24 AM

I don't see much reason to not keep it, if you are too rich to need it, you wouldn't take it. Someone else will grab it early enough.

If it is possible to clean it, it's a less disgusting option. But is there really a washing option around? In Germany I would need to carry it around to find a public toilet (which are rather rare and often not free) or to home first, which is a huge inconvenience. And makes it very like the shit gets somewhere else...

Also, are there people around? It's rather anxiety than pride, but I wouldn't like people seeing me digging into shit. Also, these days it's likely that some kids prank you and will upload a video they made from hiding...

#12 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

thanks to everybody for your answer on this question.

Klop422 and Chris, both you have right, i edit the poll and add new  2 optons.

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

I would only if no one is around and I'm close to means of getting my hands clean ASAP. I am a bit of a clean freak and things like this really bother me. Not to mention I'm very conscious about self image even in front of total strangers. But if it was 50 dollars, or even more, I'd probably care less about these issues.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#14 hideous_kojima

hideous_kojima

• Members

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:56 AM

It all depends on the consistency of the shit for me. Is it hard or is it runny? Like, how much residue is the shit likely to leave on the bill? That's what I need to make a truly informed choice here...

#15 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:26 PM

let's say it is hard but leave minim residue, courage now...answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users