Photo

Screenshot of the Week 331

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (68 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:28 AM

Jared got my vote.

HollowKnight you need less detail see the way how DarkFlameWolf did hers other then that it comes second in my book.
Pabru the graphics don't impress me that much. But the design is okay making this tied up with Cukeman's shot.
Cukeman Don't know what happen there? It's creative in a way making this tied up with Pabru's shot.

#32 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:04 AM

HollowKnight, something else is also bugging me about your screen. On the little mountain where the temple is, it looks like it is going to fall right off. Meaning, you didn't put it on the main mountain right.

#33 HollowKnight

HollowKnight

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Jared @ Aug 6 2011, 06:04 AM) View Post

HollowKnight, something else is also bugging me about your screen. On the little mountain where the temple is, it looks like it is going to fall right off. Meaning, you didn't put it on the main mountain right.

I'm not sure about that.You can't see what is behind it, it could have a cliff underneath it. Also, it is really the best position to put it in from a graphical perspective. It lines up the top of the temple with the sun, and if I fixed the mountains it would cover up the horizon line. I can understand how that would bother you, though.

@Midnight_King: Agreed. Although I am not DarkFlameWolf and as such my designs will not look like hers, I got a little crazy with all the tiles I had at my disposal. This is what happens when you jump from Classic to GB to a custom edited Pure Remembrance...

#34 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

Pabru, something about your screen makes me want to vote for it so I did.

#35 HollowKnight

HollowKnight

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

How can he possibly be catching up again D:

#36 Pabru

Pabru

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

How can I possibly be catching up again D:

EDIT: Thank you for the heads up Mr. Nuvo! Just enjoying the friendly competition, we meant no harm!

Edited by Pabru, 07 August 2011 - 12:04 AM.

#37 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

I believe this was addressed a while back, but I understand if you don't know about it. Please don't comment about the current standings of the competition. Post based on your screenshot and discussions of said screenshot, not on the votes on the screenshot.

That said, I voted for Pabru. Solid design, multiple paths, graphics I haven't seen used in a while.

#38 HollowKnight

HollowKnight

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

One thing I noticed Pabru was the bush on the edge of the screen... usually that is a bad idea for gameplay.

Oh, my apologies. Didn't look over the rules closely enough icon_sorry.gif

Edited by HollowKnight, 07 August 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#39 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hollow Knight: Wow! I love the vibrant colors, the background, and the deep shadows. While I do see it as 'cluttered', I don't see that as a problem. This screen is eye candy, and the path to the entrance is clear- if I came across this screen in-game, it would give me pause. I would have to stop and admire the view before barreling into the dungeon. 10/10

Pabru: Another vibrant screen, with deep blues and bright greens. The transition from water to land is a little abrupt in the 'upper' section, and there is an abundance of 'blocky', but overall an excellent pic. 9.875/10

Cukeman: Um. Wow! The quality of the wood flooring is jaw-dropping. The wood walls are equally well-done. The NPCs are the best I've ever seen. That said, there's too much brown in this shot. Some of the walls (especially the left side) seem a little... off, from a perspective point of view. 9.5/10

Jared: Your decision to use purple water (swamp?) is one thing, but purple rain? Still, this is a good shot. I like how you can see the entrance, but getting there will require a bit more work. Good job! 9.3/10

#40 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

Whew this is gonna be a close one. If they tie again, will SotW 332 end up being delayed?

#41 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

*Tries to remember if he entered SotW 332 and shrugs*

And it better not!! XD
I doubt there's anyone else who hasn't voted that wants to.

#42 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:28 PM

HollowKnight - 25 votes = [41.67%]
Pabru - 27 votes = [45.00%]
Cukeman - 6 votes = [10.00%]
Jared - 2 votes= [3.33%]
Total Votes: 60

Pabru
IPB Image