Photo

Screenshot of the Week 359

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 359 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Jared
IPB Image
This tileset is so beautiful...

William
IPB Image
Link leaves his secret house, secluded in a mountain range, and heads to the enemy-occupied town near the old Hyrule Castle.

Twinblake
IPB Image
The desert of Gly'cov.

Dragonite
IPB Image
Yes, I entered Screenshot of the Week with a classic shot.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Seeing how a classic set is tied for first and a Zelda Densetsu shot is currently in last I feel this refreshing sense that the curse of the tileset may finally be fading! icon_biggrin.gif

That is to say while Jared's screen certainly is pretty, as far as design goes it's rather bland. I voted for Dragonite.

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

I found Twinblake's shot very appealing visually, and while those conveyors seem placed in a way
where it's unlikely for Link to walk over them, it still is a very interesting concept for the area.

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Jared, you're using the wrong cset for those mountains. Those rocks are supposed to be grey, not green. Rookie mistake icon_lol.gif

#5 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

That desert shot is pretty good, and the name is very creative. icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Mar 5 2012, 01:21 AM) View Post

Jared, you're using the wrong cset for those mountains. Those rocks are supposed to be grey, not green. Rookie mistake icon_lol.gif

Wow, I didn't know those were rocks. I thought they were leaves. icon_razz.gif

I voted for William. Jared's shot is all been there, done that as I've seen users like Revfan9 and NoeL use that tileset. Those shadows are also very questionable.

#7 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

I voted for Jared

1. Jared:
Beautiful, indeed. And used well, with wonderful "mountain formation in/next to a forest", so this was an easy choice for me.

2. William:
Fabolous tale-ish enclosed feeling, occupying the screen with mountains this much rarely gets to be this good, and I like those mountains, too. Those transparent clouds increase the loveliness of the screen very much!

3. Dragonite:
Lovely one combo wide things, perfect management of "walkability"/"solid combos". Besides one can't go wrong with Classic. (Still not.)

4. Twinblake:
Likable rocky desert area, it has avery deserty, complete feeling to it. Those here and there quicksands were an extremely good idea.

#8 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Voted Dragonite, love the feel of it. icon_smile.gif
The other ones are good too, but i won't comment them for now. icon_wink.gif

#9 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Voted Twinblake's shot, I like the desert feeling of it.

#10 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

All of the screenshots this week are nice.

I really like that screen design going on in Dragonite's shot. It stands out from the rest.

I also like that palette Twinblake is using for the desert. It makes me wonder what music is playing there.

There's nothing wrong with William's shot, but it there isn't anything special about it.

Jared's shot is of a location that I'd like to visit. Very nice.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Mar 5 2012, 12:45 AM) View Post

Seeing how a classic set is tied for first and a Zelda Densetsu shot is currently in last I feel this refreshing sense that the curse of the tileset may finally be fading! icon_biggrin.gif

That is to say while Jared's screen certainly is pretty, as far as design goes it's rather bland. I voted for Dragonite.

I was just trying the tileset, after all. I love it so much! icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(NoeL @ Mar 5 2012, 02:21 AM) View Post

I am? The browns look so much better in this CSet! Darn.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Mar 6 2012, 01:01 AM) View Post

I am? The browns look so much better in this CSet! Darn.

You are icon_wink.gif For designing with this tileset personally I usually have a SD3 map open in another window where I can see what stuff is ment to look like and for inspiration of course.

I voted for Twinblake, I like the truthful GB looks of it.

Edited by Yoshimi, 05 March 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#13 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Dragonite's and Twinblake's shots tied for my vote. Dragonite's felt a little cluttered while I had minor complaints with the pallet in Twinblake's. I choose Twinblake's because I like the GB set more than Classic, and there wasn't any real problems with it.

Edit: I wonder, is most of the tiles in SD3 set is from Secret of Mana or Children of Mana? SoM is on the SNES and I haven't noticed many of the features of what I've seen in that set while CoM is on the DS and I noticed several of the SD3 features, most notably the SD3 grass.

Edited by Orin XD, 06 March 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#14 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I voted Jared. The colors on the screen are very nice, but Link looks a little odd... Maybe it's because I'm not looking at him in motion.

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

I had voted for Dragonite this week. Very good classic shot. icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users