Photo

Screenshot of the Week 166

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 166 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

Oooooh it's archway with a chunk out of it. That's why I thought looked a bit funny. It's easier to see when you're playing and it's zoomed in I bet.

Edited by Joe123, 18 June 2007 - 04:35 PM.

#17 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

Wow, I'm surprised revfan hasn't got any votes. icon_blink.gif
His was almost as good as NoeL's...*if it had been custom*

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jun 18 2007, 12:21 PM) View Post

If you can't make out the pictures, zoom into it.

Is there anybody else who can't see that these are ruins...?

[whisper]You gotta excuse them...[/whisper]

#18 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

NoeL winzzzzz. Everything in the shot is interesting and pleasing to the eye, and the screen design is excellent.

Revfan9's graphics quality is comparable, but he just barely gets beaten out because I see some shadow effects that I have issues with. And all that is without considering that NoeL's are hand-drawn.

CastChaos's: pretty nice, but there are some places that should perhaps have outlines just for consistency, and using floor tiles that way is a little confusing to the eye in some places.

Trimaster's: very standard Pure dungeon shot with no errors. It's a bit dated, though, meaning I don't like the dungeon wall graphics so much, nor the Link you're using, and the tiles are a bit overused. But the screen design is nothing to be unhappy about; certainly it's done well. I definitely like your subscreen, as well.

#19 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:01 AM

NoeL gets my vote. It's just... incredible.
Revfan9 would've won, had NoeL not entered. His was an awesome shot, but the grey "zombie Link" turned me off. But the trees are awesome.
CastChaos used the DoR set very interestingly. Sadly, he was just overshadowed by NoeL's and Revfan's.
Trimaster001 had a good, well designed dungeon shot, but it wasn't anything spectacular.

#20 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

OH MY GOD! NoeL! O_O Your screen is so uneventful, yet so beautiful!
I love you NoeL....in a non-homosexual way!

Haha, revfan has 0 votes. That's what you get for being a *******.

#21 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

LOL Johan. You always crack me up. icon_smile.gif

But your courageous posting style might get you in trouble some day.

#22 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:08 PM

Dag, yo! That's a sweet shroom!

#23 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

Trimaster's interests me the most. It isn't the best use of pure, but it still kind of makes me want to explore that dungeon. I figured everyone would vote for NoeL anyway. Revfan would be my third choice.

#24 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

NoeL and Revfan's were both so <suitable positive adjective not found>

Voted for NoeL's in the end. Wow.

#25 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

icon_lol.gif It's not over yet. I just need 27 votes to catch up to NoeL!! LOL

#26 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 18 2007, 11:01 PM) View Post

NoeL gets my vote. It's just... incredible.
Revfan9 would've won, had NoeL not entered. His was an awesome shot, but the grey "zombie Link" turned me off. But the trees are awesome.
CastChaos used the DoR set very interestingly. Sadly, he was just overshadowed by NoeL's and Revfan's.
Trimaster001 had a good, well designed dungeon shot, but it wasn't anything spectacular.

That's what I thought too, yet it seems we're both wrong... he hasn't got 1 vote yet icon_freak.gif

EDIT: Oh, I get it! People vote in different ways. Most people vote based on the graphics, and this week they voted for me over Rev. The remainder that DON'T vote on graphics voted on the other two shots, as Rev's screen design (nor mine) is nothing super-flash.

Oh, and Trimaster, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!1 Believe in the heart of the cards!

Edited by NoeL, 20 June 2007 - 09:17 PM.

#27 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jun 20 2007, 09:14 PM) View Post

That's what I thought too, yet it seems we're both wrong... he hasn't got 1 vote yet icon_freak.gif

EDIT: Oh, I get it! People vote in different ways. Most people vote based on the graphics, and this week they voted for me over Rev. The remainder that DON'T vote on graphics voted on the other two shots, as Rev's screen design (nor mine) is nothing super-flash.

Oh, and Trimaster, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!1 Believe in the heart of the cards!

Good observation. Just goes to show you that 2nd place doen't always get 2nd place. Trimaster, BELEIVE IT!

#28 Foxx

Foxx

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jun 20 2007, 09:14 PM) View Post

That's what happens when you stomp out of the ZC community and you think you can sneak back in.

Karma, B***h.

Oh and by the way, I'm not a newbie anymore. So if you don't like it, then you can SMFD.

#29 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:39 PM

Wow, I guess I'm the only one who voted for Revfan.

You have the give Revfan credit, it takes skill to find a bunch of graphics from a several different games and mix them into a pleasing style. What's in there... SD3, Minish cap, Treasure of Rudras, Secret of Mana... and they all work together.

#30 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

What's in there... SD3, Minish cap, Treasure of Rudras, Secret of Mana...

Don't forget Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls. icon_naughty.gif (Revfan grabbed those stone paths from a DoS snapshot I posted a while back)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users