Burn Torches in Certain Order

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

So for this script I'm looking to be able to create a puzzle where the player needs to find the correct order to burn torches. However, there are also dummy torches where, when burned, will still light up but will deceive the player into thinking that the dummy torches are relevant to the puzzle. 

In order to clarify what I mean, here is an example puzzle:

(Each square contains one torch to light, there are four torches total in the correct order)

NYJI2nn.png
The puzzle solution is in the following order:
1d, 3b, 4a, 1b

In order for the puzzle to be completed, the player needs to light the correct torches in order. So, the player will fail the puzzle (causing all lit torches to unlit) if the player enters the wrong order. The torches will only become unlit when the player lights four torches and that order is incorrect. For example, if the player chooses to light 1d, 2b, 4b, 4a then the torches will become unlit. Likewise, if the player chooses to light 1a, 2a, 3a, 4b then the torches will become unlit. 

The thing to note in the example is the fact that the player is able to light four torches even though the order is incorrect. If the order happens to be incorrect, then the error sound will only appear after the player has lit those four torches. This allows for the player to be forced to find the solution elsewhere, as this would make it harder for the player to find the solution through trial and error.

If this is possible to script, please do so! (though, I'm not so savy at scripting, so a small summary of how to set it up is appreciated!)
(oh btw i'm using 2.53)

Thanks in advance.

• Bagu likes this

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:31 PM

https://pastebin.com/ugBaHAPu

• Joelmacool likes this

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:36 AM

This does not need a script, fwtiw. There were puzzles like this in 2.10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users