Photo

Screenshot of the Week 102

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Ready? Vote! (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Ready? Vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:04 PM

Wow, you guys really hammered him... I understand my graphics may not be as good as Raidens, Princes, or Nintendos, but that entire set was built just for ToTw and kinda got out of hand. Thats not even actually for a quest though, Im using rips graphics for my quest icon_razz.gif.
The whole point of these graphics is to be small little rips that people can edit (or keep them the way they are) and use in thier quests. Also, the ghosts arent actually mine, I ripped them from Yoshies Island ^^.
As for the pillow shading, I was thinking of where the light (if any) would be on a bush, and about 1 pixel up from the bottem one, is the lightest, then a darker shade of green, then the outline. Its a pain in the ass trying to make graphics look good in 16x16 without pillowshading icon_razz.gif.
Actually, I am sorry Takam. Youre the only person who actually gave me some constructive critisim (which Ive been looking for forever now)! And when I was refering to noob, I was talking about Zelda Classic.
I based this idea on 3 observations-
1-You called the pure set GBC graphics (which it really is, so I cant blame you, but the tiles have been mass collected with others (the king and link i belive for exampes) and made into the Pure set, which is what we call it)
2-Number of posts ^^
3-The shots you showed. There is no way you could make those in Zelda Classic icon_razz.gif.

Its been like a year since Ive played Animal Crossing, but arent those from the game? Are you a graphic designer for nintendo?If so, Id love to here any ideas for improvement (however, they do need to work withen the limits of ZC (danm!)).

Dont be sorry, if anything, the people who yellled at you should be sorry icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I just relized that I put way to many icon_razz.gifs in my posts, dont I?

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 20 October 2005 - 06:05 PM.

#32 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

.TakaM:

Right now, you really need to get into ZQuest and see what exactly ZC designers are working with. Submit your own ZC screenshot entry if you like. Ironically, the most biting criticism on this forum is usually dished out by people who have not created any Zelda Classic quests.

Your first comment was fine, but I really don't appreciate being named as part of that long "I'll prove it" post, even if it means you like my work. icon_confused.gif You see, I like to encourage new tile artists. I was once one of them. Here at PureZC, we don't use the word "n00b" in every other post.

---------------------

[Mod=ON]

Finally, there's something important I'd like to tell to you and everyone who responded to such arguments:

Bickering such as this was the reason SOTW was closed for awhile last year, and the rules were changed to stop the squabbling. If it starts back up, whoever is running it may very well close SOTW again.

This is supposed to be a friendly competition. Don't begrudge winners. Just place your vote, make some reasonable comments, and leave it at that.

Note: I am talking to everbody here. Got that? icon_eyebrow.gif

[Mod=OFF]

#33 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

to answer a few questions-
I dont work for nintendo, I really only do the odd job for a few companies XP
and no the animal crossing graphics are all customs of mine
and also, I know the shot would be hard to pull off in zc (its really just a mockup I made showing my new postoffice to some guys) but I dont think it would be that difficult with 2.11 (although Im hardly school on zc at all)(I know I would have to change a lot of the colours tho)

and raiden Im sorry for mentioning you but your game has very successfully hidden the grid and looks very lively, it looks very professional.
and I really wasnt trying to bite at zcninja, I just said I was rather shocked people werent voting for shoelace's
and I got carried away backing myself up

and there really is no need to stop sotw for a while, unless its always been like this, I however wont do this again icon_confused.gif

edit-
and Rex Zemenheart, I didnt mean you stole it or anything, just rather youre sporting something I made icon_razz.gif

at daniel barras's oot2d projects site no?

Edited by .TakaM, 20 October 2005 - 10:07 PM.

#34 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

ZC-Ninja is this week's winner. job well done, congrats, and all that. as soon as I can get a hold on a SS, I'll have them update the rankings and the picture on the front page

#35 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:33 PM

I like that one from ZC-ninja. I don't know.. it's the link that giving me a choise. (i know he was chosed as winner)

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 25 October 2005 - 01:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users