Destiny of the Oracles- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#166 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:14 AM

Wow, you know I tried that many times without success . . . was never on the right spot.  I tried on top of the crystal and in front of the crystal but not half way between. Once you know what to do you can keep trying spots until you hit the right one. Great quest ywkls!  Really enjoying the journey.

Edited by jccarratl, 07 November 2020 - 10:41 AM.

• ywkls likes this

#167 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 07 November 2020 - 12:04 PM

Wow, you know I tried that many times without success . . . was never on the right spot.  I tried on top of the crystal and in front of the crystal but not half way between. Once you know what to do you can keep trying spots until you hit the right one. Great quest ywkls!  Really enjoying the journey.

I've been thinking about adding an indicator to my npc's to show when you are the right spot to interact with them.

That crystal is actually an npc in disguise, for a few reasons.

One is that the mechanic of switching between powers wasn't used as often as I originally intended.

This meant that going back to a spot where you could do that (like in Din level 7) was far more tedious than it should have been.

Then, it was suggested that I could allow you to switch between fire and ice on the fly.

The easiest way to do this was by secretly giving the player a second item, which unlocked the ice power.

#168 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:34 PM

This game just keeps getting better and better ywkls.  I am in the middle of replaying this due to some of the updates, and I cannot find the ether medallion so I can active the switch for Nayru's level 7 as Din.  It is possible I may have missed it somewhere, but it is driving me crazy tying to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jwex001, 19 August 2021 - 09:58 AM.

• ywkls likes this

#169 MaskedCritic

MaskedCritic

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 01:39 AM

Bugs Found!

Din Level 6:
Falling in lava spawns you in a random wall.
Right big trap in the push blocks and big traps room reaches into the push block column of tiles.
Bottom trap in the three traps room before big key reaches into the bottom row of tiles. Big traps in general may have too big a hitbox or something, or the problem might be in the Din sprite?

Overworld:
You can get the Start button menu during some cutscenes, at least the path unlock cutscene for getting Nayru to her Level 6.

Not a bug but a suggestion:
I had to watch SCKnuckles's LP where he found Nayru Level 6, because I couldn't find the damned thing either. The hint needs to be better. Include something like "The power of Summer will light the way" in it, maybe, to make it clear what you need to do with that big pot in the cave? Because that was a gimmick required only in Din Level 3, so it's too easy to forget that the Summer rod will light some things. Even having used it twice more on red trees I still forgot, because it just makes the tree disappear so the thought of "Summer rod = fire" just didn't stick. It also didn't help that the trees need to be hit by the rod while the pot and the thing in Level 3 need to be hit by the projectile. I skipped it for the longest time because I figured I needed an item from another dungeon to trigger it.

• jwex001 likes this

#170 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 12:56 PM

Bugs Found!

Din Level 6:
Right big trap in the push blocks and big traps room reaches into the push block column of tiles.
Bottom trap in the three traps room before big key reaches into the bottom row of tiles. Big traps in general may have too big a hitbox or something, or the problem might be in the Din sprite?

Overworld:
You can get the Start button menu during some cutscenes, at least the path unlock cutscene for getting Nayru to her Level 6.

I had to watch SCKnuckles's LP where he found Nayru Level 6, because I couldn't find the damned thing either. The hint needs to be better. Include something like "The power of Summer will light the way" in it, maybe, to make it clear what you need to do with that big pot in the cave? Because that was a gimmick required only in Din Level 3, so it's too easy to forget that the Summer rod will light some things. Even having used it twice more on red trees I still forgot, because it just makes the tree disappear so the thought of "Summer rod = fire" just didn't stick. It also didn't help that the trees need to be hit by the rod while the pot and the thing in Level 3 need to be hit by the projectile. I skipped it for the longest time because I figured I needed an item from another dungeon to trigger it.

It also happened to me in some of the lava outside of where Lv. 6 is located. 

• MaskedCritic likes this

#171 MaskedCritic

MaskedCritic

• Members

Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:49 PM

Bug continues to cause suffering. Every time I fall into a pit of any sort (hole in the floor, lava, water without the ability to swim) with either character it teleports me back to the spawn point of the area I'm in. Din Level 7 was almost entirely incompletable. There's a fun new bug there, where switching boots makes you spontaneously submerge in water no matter where you are. This proved very troublesome, as it would spawn me underwater after doing that when trying to switch boots to go get the big key. Somehow it's mitigated by jumping and pressing EX1 while still rising, which was literally my last idea before I was planning to post about the quest being incompletable... Lucky, that.

#172 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 August 2021 - 01:17 PM

I'm in the middle of replaying this.  I just finished both Lvl 6s.  At this point, Nayru is supposed to swim through some portals in the SW portion of the board until she comes to a blocked area.  This area is supposed to be opened up by Din using her Bombos medallion in the fiery crater area near her Level 6.  When I use the medallion, it takes me to a blue flame, but the thing that interacts with that blue flame is the blue medallion, which I don't have yet.

I watched a Let's Play of this particular portion, and it used to be a triangular switch there that was triggered by the wand.  I'm not sure how to proceed.

thanks!

#173 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:15 PM

Bugs Found!

Din Level 6:

That particular script has been very recalcitrant recently.

I'm not entirely sure why.

I may have to rewrite it.

I may have made errors with those scripts which caused this.

Overworld:

There's not a lot I can do about that,

Yeah, I can add a sign.

It also happened to me in some of the lava outside of where Lv. 6 is located. 

Are you referring to the issue with the lava or the start menu?

Bug continues to cause suffering. Every time I fall into a pit of any sort (hole in the floor, lava, water without the ability to swim) with either character it teleports me back to the spawn point of the area I'm in. Din Level 7 was almost entirely incompletable. There's a fun new bug there, where switching boots makes you spontaneously submerge in water no matter where you are. This proved very troublesome, as it would spawn me underwater after doing that when trying to switch boots to go get the big key. Somehow it's mitigated by jumping and pressing EX1 while still rising, which was literally my last idea before I was planning to post about the quest being incompletable... Lucky, that.

The teleport back to the entrance may be caused by the script that sends you back to a previous screen if you jump into water from offscreen.

I didn't encounter that issue with the boots and I tested all of the sideview water. Are you playing on 2.53 or 2.55?

I'm in the middle of replaying this.  I just finished both Lvl 6s.  At this point, Nayru is supposed to swim through some portals in the SW portion of the board until she comes to a blocked area.  This area is supposed to be opened up by Din using her Bombos medallion in the fiery crater area near her Level 6.  When I use the medallion, it takes me to a blue flame, but the thing that interacts with that blue flame is the blue medallion, which I don't have yet.

I watched a Let's Play of this particular portion, and it used to be a triangular switch there that was triggered by the wand.  I'm not sure how to proceed.

thanks!

Yeah, that was changed. 

Turns out that I didn't think things through as thoroughly as I thought.

I will churn out an immediate fix.

Edited by ywkls, 31 August 2021 - 09:21 PM.

• jwex001 likes this

#174 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:47 AM

Great!  Thanks for the quick fix.

• ywkls likes this

#175 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:48 AM

Upon further investigation, I was able to confirm the bug with the sideview water.

I'm not entirely sure what caused it but I have pushed a second update which should hopefully fix the issues.

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

#176 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 September 2021 - 07:11 PM

I think I've found another bug.

I'm in the central room in Gerudo Ruins.  I use the cane to create a block on the switch in the lower left corner.  The switch does nothing.  I still can't get to the chest in that room.

#177 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 September 2021 - 08:03 PM

I think I've found another bug.

I'm in the central room in Gerudo Ruins.  I use the cane to create a block on the switch in the lower left corner.  The switch does nothing.  I still can't get to the chest in that room.

Good catch. I changed how the Cane of Somaria worked due to some issues and forgot to adjust that puzzle to match.

I will be uploading a fix at once.

• congo23 likes this

#178 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 September 2021 - 03:43 PM

Hi ywkls,

I did come across to glitches in the newest updated.  For some reason it ill not let me post any images to show the glitches, So i will send it to you via a DM.

One was in the hidden cove where if you fall in a hole, you regenerate in the wall.  This is in the room with the floor tiles you have to walk across to drop the barrier.

This one was livable if I was careful and I was able to beat the level nonetheless.

The other one is in Din's Ethreal Depths.  There comes a spot here you need to go through a with the wind boots, then change over to the water boots after climbing a ladder

near some boss key blocks. As soon as you grab the boots, you get the animation of falling into water, get wrapped back to a room with fish, be under water, with a top section to the room having 

ladders, fans, and the boots to go through wind.  You cannot swim even though the sub screen shows the water boots.  You would have to use the fall power to fly back up there, but then when you

get back to that same location, it repeats itself.  This one prevents me from moving further in the dungeon.

I will see if it ill let me send you via a DM the screen clips, or the link to them at least.

#179 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 September 2021 - 08:43 PM

One was in the hidden cove where if you fall in a hole, you regenerate in the wall.  This is in the room with the floor tiles you have to walk across to drop the barrier.

This one was livable if I was careful and I was able to beat the level nonetheless.

The other one is in Din's Ethreal Depths.  There comes a spot here you need to go through a with the wind boots, then change over to the water boots after climbing a ladder

near some boss key blocks. As soon as you grab the boots, you get the animation of falling into water, get wrapped back to a room with fish, be under water, with a top section to the room having 

ladders, fans, and the boots to go through wind.  You cannot swim even though the sub screen shows the water boots.  You would have to use the fall power to fly back up there, but then when you

get back to that same location, it repeats itself.  This one prevents me from moving further in the dungeon.

I will see if it ill let me send you via a DM the screen clips, or the link to them at least.

I'm pretty sure I will have fixed both of these with the next update though I can't be absolutely sure.

If you're having trouble with image hosting, please use Discord as that will let me view them immediately. 

#180 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 December 2021 - 11:23 PM

It appears I may be suck and not sure what I should do.

I completed level 9, completed the faries, delivering mail, obtaining, placing crystals, green flame mini quest, got better swords for both, and got 1/2 half magic.  

However, I don't know how to open the locked cave in the mountain surrounded by water and there is another place not too far from level 1 (need to use an item you get in level 8 to open) which I can't enter either.  I also can't figure out the area near level 4 where I am "eligible" (lord of magic) to enter the trial (or whatever it is called).   I also wrote down a clue which it starts with smash fire of fate.  

Can someone offer me a hint as what I should do next?  

Edited by matski, 04 December 2021 - 11:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users