Darkside 66: Cyclebreaker

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:32 PM

Just uploaded the quest to the database. It should be up any minute now.

I've prepared a flowchart if anyone is having any troubling locating anything. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

Spoiler

Also, I'm aware that some of the things Archon says in the intro may contradict what he says at the end of the first quest, but I have yet to update the first quest, which is going to include a change in the ending dialogue (although I suppose you could always assume that he's a compulsive liar). Not that anyone is taking the story seriously anyways.

I do feel that this has overall more effort and has been more thoroughly tested than the first quest, though I am aware that there are still some aspects that might still be somewhat sloppy. I could've worked on it longer, but it was getting to the point where it was becoming really time consuming and I wanted to spend more time on other personal hobbies like writing. I had to draw the line and release it already. It's not like this is a super serious quest anyways.
If there's anything that feels off or could be improved, feel free to tell me. I am open to constructive criticism.

Edited by Titanium Justice, 26 June 2020 - 02:12 PM.

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:02 PM

I took the right door in the church and ended up permastuck in a corner.  :shrug:

#3 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

Oh, I see what you mean. The Darkside sanctuary. Well, that was a dumb oversight. I guess I was so used to using the door on the left that I didn't figure about the door on the right. :blind:

Edited by Titanium Justice, 25 June 2020 - 02:13 PM.

#4 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:54 PM

Im In The Virus Haupt Quarter and Have Become The Big Key but its Seems a Key is Missing so i cant Progress anymore Do you know Who i have Missed something :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=EdZTqSJP7c4

#5 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:32 AM

So at 2:42:19 you have to shoot the mages on the other side and a key will appear.

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:55 AM

So at 2:42:19 you have to shoot the mages on the other side and a key will appear.

Ok Thanks :D

#7 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

I just finished watching your latest video. In case you're wondering where to go next, you need to visit the mushroom farm in Yoshi's World. Get the mushroom. Give it to the witch and you can buy the bait. Give the bait to the old man in Jurassic Park. At the end of that place is bracelet 3 which will let you push those blocks at Castle Aughhhh.
  • Lordkronos likes this

#8 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

I just finished watching your latest video. In case you're wondering where to go next, you need to visit the mushroom farm in Yoshi's World. Get the mushroom. Give it to the witch and you can buy the bait. Give the bait to the old man in Jurassic Park. At the end of that place is bracelet 3 which will let you push those blocks at Castle Aughhhh.

Thanks For The Tipps My Progress Is Now Relativly Wide i Think Im A bit in The Canabis Cave and Holly its Confusing i Couldnt find out the Torch Mystery so im now in The Ocean Level :D

#9 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:19 PM

I Dont Know if im Not Right to Solve The Mystery of Canabis Cave or if its a Bug The Toch is Now Glowing in the Room but Nothing has Opened :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=ctchbERMQK8

#10 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:07 AM

So you know the one room parralel of that room that already has three burning braziers? The bottom left one is not burning. Burn it with the candle and the blocks will go down. Go up and an NPC will give you the red candle.

Edited by Titanium Justice, 27 June 2020 - 01:07 AM.

• Lordkronos likes this

#11 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:46 AM

So you know the one room parralel of that room that already has three burning braziers? The bottom left one is not burning. Burn it with the candle and the blocks will go down. Go up and an NPC will give you the red candle.

Ok Thanks i Thought i Had dit it Already :D

#12 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:32 PM

I Could Beat Your Quest and what Should i Say Another great Awesome and Funny Random Quest who you Never Know what Happens Next And on The Last Part The Events are Nearly Exploding Well I Hope we See more Quests Like this from you its Always Nice to Play :D

#13 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

Glad to hear that you liked it. It did seem like you were not as confused as to where to go like the first quest, so I assume things must have been structured more cohesively this time around.

Would you say that it was overall better than the first quest? Anything that could be done better? I personally did feel there were at least some dungeons that I didn't feel fully committed on which could have been better. If/when I make another quest at some point I do intend to improve on certain aspects, even if the follow up is not as big as this quest. I also do hope to finally get around to figuring out how to import scripts and how freeform combos work. I think that would open up a whole new world of possibilities.
  • Lordkronos likes this

#14 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:58 AM

Glad to hear that you liked it. It did seem like you were not as confused as to where to go like the first quest, so I assume things must have been structured more cohesively this time around.

Would you say that it was overall better than the first quest? Anything that could be done better? I personally did feel there were at least some dungeons that I didn't feel fully committed on which could have been better. If/when I make another quest at some point I do intend to improve on certain aspects, even if the follow up is not as big as this quest. I also do hope to finally get around to figuring out how to import scripts and how freeform combos work. I think that would open up a whole new world of possibilities.

Im Honnest i dont could tel which one was Better i see it more as a one big Quest together but Yeah The Dungeon which gave me the Most Deats was Defenitely Castle Aughh a more Fitting Name were Castle Ughhh or Castle Ouchhh Has ha Joke Biside i Enjoyid the Whole quest but i was a bit Confused that the Spider Dungeon were so Short :D

#15 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

So of course it may be a while till I get around to making another quest, but I do have a decent number of ideas of what could happen next. Archon is in Link and Zelda's palette and does refer to a past where he tried to defy the Demiurge rather than serve him. I'm thinking that maybe there could be a prequel starring him as the main character (called Archon's Quest or something along those lines). That is assuming that the appropriate tiles exist for that Stalfos to be a player (to be fair, I completely forget where his tiles came from) and that any story involving him can contribute to the first two quests in a substantial way that reveals a new angle to things similarly to how Cyclebreaker revealed a new angle to Darkside 66.

Another idea I had for a quest is a more simplistic one using the classic tileset (or something similar) that involves a Zol as a main character, as strange as that sounds. Part of the inspiration for this is from a quest that me and my brother made together at one point a while ago. It was actually the first quest that either of us completed, but the reason that it never got mentioned here or uploaded to the database is because . . . well, let's just say that it was really bad. But hey, everybody has got to start somewhere.

There's a also a project that I had attempted several times. First it had started out as my very first attempt at a quest using the classic tileset. It didn't get very far.

Second attempt actually got quite far and had THREE overworld maps and several dungeons, but it was made with a mishmash of clashing tilesets and was a buggy mess with barely functioning gameplay and many dead ends.

Third attempt started back around 2016. It has each elemental region in its own map, so its not like the two Darkside quests where most of the overworld areas are crammed together in one map. It uses Freedom's Adventure tileset for the base and has additions to it like SD3 style grass and translucent water and other things that give it a more detail oriented approach than my recent quests.

The project has gone through several names, but if I were to go through with it again I was thinking of settling on A Link to Lemuria as the name. I think it has a nice ring to it.

Thing is with the third attempt is that the overworld areas are more or less nearly complete (save for the icy mountain region which, I kid you not, has the "Let's kick some ice!" quote from Batman and Robin as the opening line) and I was actually quite satisfied with how much of it had turned out. The biggest thing it is missing is dungeons, which were barely started. They were supposed to be more along the lines of traditional dungeons, like you've got your water dungeon and your earth dungeon and so on, but there were still supposed to be some unique twists to them, like one was supposed to be a painting gallery where you needed to enter different paintings to get keys and stuff (and fittingly it was going to have Edguy's Painting on the Wall as the midi track). It was a project that I never decided to abandon altogether, but rather it was a quest that I simply lost interest in working on at the time due to real life things that were happening at the time. Thinking about it now, it may not be that difficult to complete if all I have left is mostly dungeons, so it is in consideration as a possible quest in the pipeline.    

So what do you think? Which of these would you rather see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users