Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:13 AM

Yuurei, the sequel to Hitodama, is released! It's a metroidvania quest with lots of replayability, with unique items, areas, enemies and bosses! After the most recent update, the enhanced soundtrack is needed, so download it and place it in the same folder as the quest.

If you need help or have bugs to report, please post here. Thanks in advance to any players!

Also, here's a few tips:

• Your Sound Wave can charge for a powerful shot that can reveal special breakable blocks.
  • Some blocks require special weapons to break.
  • Collecting hidden coins powers up your defenses, spells and other abilities.
  • Visual cues usually hint at hidden secrets

You can play as any character by entering that character's name. If you don't, you can either select randomly or by taking a brief quiz. Here's some brief character descriptions if you'd like to choose someone you like:

Characters

Here's some nifty character banners, on the off chance anyone wants to use them.

• Neppy, Mitsukara, Shane and 4 others like this

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

I found a bug.

Spoiler

• ShadowTiger, Aevin and Deedee like this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

This looks freaking epic. I feel like a tool for not even knowing about this <.<

I will surely be trying this in the near future!
  • Aevin likes this

#4 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

I tend to keep my projects pretty closed, so I've only been releasing much information within the past month or so, so it's not really a surprise you haven't heard. I'd be excited to hear which character you play and how that run goes when you get around to playing. :)

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

Spoiler

Found a bug.

#6 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Whoops! Thanks for pointing it out. Obviously, I'd recommend keeping out of there if you want to proceed normally through the game.

Edit: The updated quest file should fix the issue. Sorry for the trouble.

#7 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:18 AM

Great! as you know Hitadma is my favoite quest and now i have here the sequel! i started it whin Naiya, and planning to finish whit all characters.

• Aevin likes this

#8 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

Seems pretty cool so far! I definitely see shades of Legacy of the Wizard, but it's also decidedly it's own experience. The multiple character story setup is definitely a cool thing (for what it's worth, I got Rhone by taking the quiz). The subtle color change to the title screen and hud elements is neat, too.

I also went back and tried a little of Hitodama since I hadn't played it before; I will say Yuurei definitely has a gentler learning curve on the fake blocks and secretly-breakable blocks, and uses them more gently. I feel like perhaps the health item drops are less frequent, or maybe that was just the RNG being wacky. I also notice that the enemies who look sort of like Professor Tomoe shoot at the same range the player does, which is a nice touch.

I'm pretty bad at it though XD Mostly because I'm awful at combat (in general; you should see how bad I am at Zelda 1). I haven't gotten past the Poison Corridor yet (nor am I completely sure there wasn't another place I could also go- it felt like there might be a branching path). It's hard to juggle dodging wizzrobes and staying out of the poison marsh. The game probably gets much harder later on though, given that this is still a very early area; but even though I personally am bad at it, it strikes me as a fair challenge so far, just a difficult one.

Seems like a pretty great game so far! : )

I8crJTY.png

... that you put a lot of love into making this.

Edited by Mitsukara, 09 December 2016 - 07:13 AM.

• ShadowTiger, Russ, Moosh and 2 others like this

#9 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

DarkIceDragon: I'm really glad you're looking forward to playing, and I'm happy you liked Hitodama so well. I hope you have a good time with the quest. :)

Mitsukara:

I'm glad you're enjoying the quest so far! I the combat starts feeling a little steep, you can usually go exploring to find more health and coins to get an edge. Clever spell use can also help a lot.

I'm glad someone got the kind of reference I was going for with the Rhone doppelgangers.

Thanks for playing. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

#10 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

DarkIceDragon: I'm really glad you're looking forward to playing, and I'm happy you liked Hitodama so well. I hope you have a good time with the quest. :)

Mitsukara:

I'm glad you're enjoying the quest so far! I the combat starts feeling a little steep, you can usually go exploring to find more health and coins to get an edge. Clever spell use can also help a lot.

I'm glad someone got the kind of reference I was going for with the Rhone doppelgangers.

Thanks for playing. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

yes, i already like this, just a question, i beat the monster that look like a crescent  moon in Lethe ( i hope the spelling is correct )  but the blocks don't disappear, and i cannot go north, is nomal ? 

#11 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

yes, i already like this, just a question, i beat the monster that look like a crescent  moon in Lethe ( i hope the spelling is correct )  but the blocks don't disappear, and i cannot go north, is nomal ? 

Yes. You unlock the way North later.

Unlock requirements (spoilers)

Edited by Orithan, 09 December 2016 - 06:39 PM.

• Aevin and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#12 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

Yup, just as Orithan said. "Plot barriers" like those open when you beat the boss of the corresponding color.

#13 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

Spoiler

I beaaaat it. That was considerably more fun than I remember Hitodama being.

Spoiler

• Evan20000 and Aevin like this

#14 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Spoiler

#15 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the information on that song, Plutia. I haven't played the game, and picked up the song somewhere, so I wasn't sure.

Also, you have no idea how happy I am to see that 100% on your subscreen. There kept being various issues we had to debug during test runs, so it always came up short even when we'd collected everything. I put a lot of effort into improving over Hitodama, so I'm glad that you found it to be a better experience.

Thanks for playing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users