Update on Puzzle Robots Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

It's been over a year now since I announced Puzzle Robots Deluxe and my plans on it. My plan was to include a "Puzzle Robots 2" and have it together with the first game in one single questfile. In the end I couldn't think off many good levels and puzzle mechanics for it though.

Now, Puzzle Robots 2 is cancelled. But I will still use the 2 player character idea and add "Bonus Levels" to the game. These bonus levels will be unlocked while you play the first game and they will not have new puzzle mechanics, besides the fact that you control 2 robots. They are simply new levels with a twist (2 player characters).

So, this is what the quest will feature:
- An engine that includes tile-based walking. (the entire quest has been rescripted since the original Puzzle Robots)
- Much better performance.
- All Levels of the original game.
- 30 bonus levels where you guide the two robots to their respective diamonds
- Level selection screens and pause menus.
- Mega Man music!

That's where this quest will be going. Besides this quest I am currently working on another major project, but I can safely say that this will get finished and released before my other project. Puzzle Robots Deluxe will be finished soon, probably in this month. I will keep you updated :D

Edited by Avataro, 04 April 2017 - 10:12 AM.

• nicklegends, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

Nice to see that this is still going. You have a pretty interesting way of making puzzle quests, and I can't wait to give this one a shot when it comes out. I could even LP it if I get a chance to :P

• Avaro likes this

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

@Eddy: Thank you for looking forward to this! :) I have to warn you though, this quest requires even more patience than Island Adventure. At least you are able to solve Levels slightly out of order later in the game, if you collect the "skippers".

I decided to not submit this as a new quest, but instead this will be an update to the Puzzle Robot that's already in the database. A new engine and 30 bonus levels don't justify this to be submitted as a new quest in my opinion. Existing reviews on the quest won't be deleted.

• Eddy likes this

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

Small update. I've got 24 of the 30 bonus levels done so it's getting there. I'm making sure that these puzzles are not easy. xD After I have the levels finished I will have to integrate them into my script and make sure the unlocking and the level selection works. Gladly, I've got everything planned out.

I will need about one more week and it's finished :D

Edited by Avataro, 29 February 2016 - 01:42 PM.

• Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

Another update on what's happening: I've put this project aside and won't finish it anytime soon, but I will get back to it. :)

It's quite an undertaking to work with the code I wrote for this quest. Sorry. I keep making promises but then I change my mind xD

Edited by Avataro, 27 May 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

It's coming...

(hopefully for real this time xD)

There were problems with the whole 2 player character idea, so instead of 30 bonus levels there will now only be 6. Yeah, they're not really worth talking about anymore. On another note, this quest now has optional enhanced music and a new final level is done.

Edited by Avataro, 30 March 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

Finished. I just submitted the update. So glad that all that work didn't have to go to waste. Enjoy :)

Edited by Avataro, 01 April 2017 - 05:32 PM.

• nicklegends, Shane and Naru like this

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:22 AM

So hey, this quest will no longer be on the database, because I made an actual game of it outside ZC. Which is free btw and available for Windows and Linux! https://rekiron.itch...lebot-challenge

If you REALLY wanted to play the quest, you can get it here. But the game outside of ZC is the much superior version.

Thanks for any and all interest in my stuff over the years. Love all your support!

Edited by Avaro, 18 October 2020 - 07:15 PM.

• Shane, Eddy, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users