Some of our new ideas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:43 AM

Here at FQotM, we've come up with a few "Special Events" we want to hold. So far, we haven't decided when any of them will be held, but we'll let you know when the time nears. icon_wink.gif

Currently, these are the following Special Events we've got planned:

Featured Quest of the Year: Featured Quest of the Year is where we take the winnning quests from the past 12 months and pit them against one another. Because we only get 10 choices per poll question, FQotY will be run VERY differently:
-3 poll questions will be set up. #1 will have the winning quests of Months 1-4. #2 has Months 5-8. And 3 has Months 9-12.
-Because we'll split the quests up, you can choose THREE quests apiece at this time, one from each group.
-We'll pick the Top 2 quests from each group and place them in a new poll, for a total of 6 quests for the Semifinals. Here, you'll vote on the Top 3 for the year, our finalists, which our helpers (we'll let you know who they are later. icon_wink.gif) will then play to help us determine the overall winner. That winner will be named the Featured Quest of the Year, and I would like the months for this to begin next month, so we can name the winner by Christmas of that year. icon_smile.gif
Popular Quests: No real name yet, but this is where we place only quests that are extremely well-known into a poll. The Top 3 will then be played, and the winner we choose will be the Most Popular/Fabulous/Fab Quest. Maybe we should do this once a year? The outcome of this poll will have no effect on Featured Quest of the Year.
Suggested Quests: Also subject to a name change later, this is where we take quests that YOU suggested for us in a PM and place them against one another. We'll select some quests out of them and place them in a poll. No more than 30, please. The Top 3 are selected and we choose the Winner, the Featured Suggested Quest. Makes no sense to me, but hey, it's Rocksfan's idea, so what are you going to do? icon_xd.gif

Errr... Done. XD

#2 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:09 AM

On another note from this. Next month will feature the first "Special Event" fo the FQotM.

Which one? We don't know yet. Stick around and find out or post you suggestions in the suggestions thread.

That is all.

#3 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted something here.

So here goes.

Since FQoTM's old approach wasn't working we've decided to take it another route.

Here's what we're gonna do now:

When a new quest hits the PureZC DB or if a quest was PMed to us because it is a finished quest in a beta build, we're going to start a review thread with a basic review of the quest in question.

When that review thread comes out, it's your chance as a player or author, to voice your opinion of the quest at hand. Take advantage of it and discuss the quest before you actually give a rating for it in the DB.
I realize if it's in a beta, you can't rate it in the DB because they aren't allowed, so we will allow the rating of a beta built quest in it's review thread.

Quests will keep coming as they come out. But around the last week of the month we will hold a poll on the new quests that were released for that coveted "Featured Quest" position. It will only last one week, so get those votes in when you see the poll.

Be sure to read the new RULES to answer any questions you might have concerning this new approach.

That's it.

I'm going to leave this topic open so if you have any questions or comments on the new FQoTM, you can tell us here. Thanks for listening. icon_wink.gif

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

So is this forum dead or what?

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

I basically resigned from this, though nobody has been officially decided to take my place as far as I know. Though honestly, if anyone were to take it over, I would easily nominate Nick and LinkTheMaster so they could have their own forum for Random Weekly Reviews. icon_cat.gif

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

I think that weekly random review is really a good replacement for this, but for how they run it, it can simply be achieved in one topic, as they have been doing. Plus with the addition of other new events, I believe this forum has probably run its course.

#7 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Agreed. Nick and I actually discussed if we wanted to pursue a forum, and we decided that it simply wasn't necessary. If such a forum were created, I would want it to be open for everyone to submit in-depth reviews, not just us. icon_wink.gif I think that would be the best way to get good usage out of it.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

So then basically, this forum should become a forum for anybody to post their reviews of quests. That could actually be a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users