Herald of Heroes Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

Hmm, I've tried following the path, but nothing happens. Are you sure you don't mean down 1 left 1? Cause there's a path there (though I've tried that and it did nothing).

d33gmtyiiytdjgxzg.jpg

This is the screen. And make sure you are on this version.

• Deedee likes this

#17 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Solved it, though the key doesn't appear to let me progress. I guess I need to solve the puzzle with the crystals in a box formation to progress, though I'm equally stumped on that. They're in the shape of a hammer, but the hammer doesn't do anything... I have noticed that there's an "inconsistency" with one wall, which I assume is bombable once I solve the puzzle and reach the other side, but I can't lower those blocks yet to get to it...

Edited by Dimentio, 28 February 2018 - 10:56 AM.

#18 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

It's 8x8. What do you think it is referring to? 

Edited by TheRock, 28 February 2018 - 10:58 AM.

#19 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

It's 8x8. What do you think it is referring to? 

The dungeon itself, but it doesn't line up with the screen's I've visited. For example, if it's referring to the dungeon map then apparently there's a screen 2 screens below the current screen, another screen two right from the entrance, and the entrance itself isn't included.

#20 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

The dungeon itself, but it doesn't line up with the screen's I've visited. For example, if it's referring to the dungeon map then apparently there's a screen 2 screens below the current screen, another screen two right from the entrance, and the entrance itself isn't included.

Well, it doesn't include the whole map, just figure out which crystals( Referring to if you can go to that screen or not) If you can, or looks like you can access that screen then slash that crystal, if not, then don't slash the crystal.

#21 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

Beat the dungeon and got the password. :)

• TheRock likes this

#22 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Seems to me like a lot of people are getting stuck on your puzzles.  What happens when you guys quit Zelda Classic and are no longer available to give out hints and solutions?  And spare a thought for those people who simply download quests but don't talk very much on the forums.

Puzzles are a double edged sword.  I can see they are very popular with most players but what happens when you can't figure them out and the quest makers are no longer contactable?

#23 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Seems to me like a lot of people are getting stuck on your puzzles.  What happens when you guys quit Zelda Classic and are no longer available to give out hints and solutions?  And spare a thought for those people who simply download quests but don't talk very much on the forums.

Puzzles are a double edged sword.  I can see they are very popular with most players but what happens when you can't figure them out and the quest makers are no longer contactable?

Considering I managed to solve all the puzzles in the quest minus those two in the bonus dungeon, and the second one I had the right idea but was going about it the other way (slash the rooms that are inaccessible), I don't think the puzzles are going to be removed.

Just because you don't like puzzles, doesn't mean everyone has to remove them from their quests.

Edited by Dimentio, 28 February 2018 - 10:52 PM.

• Shane and TheRock like this

#24 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:42 AM

Oh, well.

Edited by TheRock, 01 March 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#25 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

Oh! I played a demo of this a while ago. I decided to play it and beat the first dungeon, fun quest so far!

1) Most people solve it on their own.
2) Once people start finishing the quest the community will help each other out.
3) Most of the challenging puzzles will probably be posted here with solutions.
4) Let's Plays will help the community as a walkthrough.
5) If worse comes to worst people will look inside the quest file although this is an unlikely outcome.
  • TheRock and Useless Old Man Wisdom like this

#26 DrDiabetus

DrDiabetus

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

I'am a bit stuck at Forsaken Palace. I solved the 2 puzzles in the upper 2 big rooms, but I can't solve the ones from the water and lava room.

Some hints would be nice :)

I just beat Monster Hideout. So far I enjoy your quest^^

There is some bland dungeon Design here and there, like nearly empty rooms you just bypass, like  the secret dungeon where Princess Hylia is hiding, but overall it's fun to play.

The story is a bit on the childish side though (and sometimes the textboxes are hard to read in my opinion) but good work so far^^

Good luck for your future quests

#27 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

I'am a bit stuck at Forsaken Palace. I solved the 2 puzzles in the upper 2 big rooms, but I can't solve the ones from the water and lava room.

Some hints would be nice :)

I just beat Monster Hideout. So far I enjoy your quest^^

There is some bland dungeon Design here and there, like nearly empty rooms you just bypass, like  the secret dungeon where Princess Hylia is hiding, but overall it's fun to play.

The story is a bit on the childish side though (and sometimes the textboxes are hard to read in my opinion) but good work so far^^

Good luck for your future quests

Wander around all 8 rooms in both areas. The water one involves using certain items and one screen in a certain order. The Lava one you have to move a certain way on one screen. So just check out the rooms in there area and it'll tell you what you need to do!

Edited by TheRock, 01 March 2018 - 09:24 AM.

#28 MischeviousMalfais

MischeviousMalfais

Asparagus is awesome.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

The hard-to-readness would be due to the fact that I made the mistake of choosing a very hard-to-read font early in development, and the childishness . . . would be due to the fact that I like childish stories.—Part of the reason why I like minish cap so much.

#29 deme

deme

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:08 AM

ojdzli.png I wasted a key and there is nothing in this room?

#30 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

ojdzli.png I wasted a key and there is nothing in this room?

Why might the statues be blown up? And there's one wall that you can access.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users