Should I be worried? (first thread)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DeSimpleton

DeSimpleton

Banana bread..at work dude?

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

(Before I begin this thread, my name is DeSimpleton and I'm new to PureZC! I love the games that you guys make, tyvm!)

So, I'm 6'4 in real life and I weigh about 138 pounds, somehow I lost 11 pounds in 5 months (I remember because, I used to weigh 149 when I was at my checkup for my doctor's appointment) the thing is I don't really move around much, I'm a lazy person everyday but I still do work, I'm still young and not even 18 yet. Is this a bad thing for someone who's still young and weighs about 138 and about 6'4 tall?

I'm just concerned, I'm asking people on social media first if its a good or bad thing.

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

Honestly, you should ask a doctor.

• Shane likes this

#3 DeSimpleton

DeSimpleton

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:21 PM

Honestly, you should ask a doctor.

Yeah...50% said its bad and the other 50% said its "Okay." 

#4 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

You're 6'4" and weigh 138 pounds? That's wild. I'm 6'2" and I weigh around 215. Granted I'm slightly overweight, but that's still almost 80 pounds more and I'm 2 inches shorter.

That being said, weight varies a lot from person to person, and since you're young your metabolism is probably doing you a lot of favors. I would say if you feel like your body is telling you something is wrong, you should talk to somebody about it and/or do something about it. However, if you're pretty sure everything is fine, just enjoy being tall and skinny. Maybe do some weightlifting to build up some muscle on your frame.

Edited by Hergiswi, 04 April 2019 - 03:50 PM.

• nicklegends likes this

#5 DeSimpleton

DeSimpleton

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

You're 6'4" and weigh 138 pounds? That's wild. I'm 6'2" and I weigh around 215. Granted I'm slightly overweight, but that's still almost 80 pounds more and I'm 2 inches shorter.
That being said, weight varies a lot from person to person, and since you're young your metabolism is probably doing you a lot of favors. I would say if you feel like your body is telling you something is wrong, you should talk to somebody about it and/or do something about it. However, if you're pretty sure everything is fine, just enjoy being tall and skinny. Maybe do some weightlifting to build up some muscle on your frame.

The thing is that I eat a lot (there was a point where I didn't eat breakfast for two weeks in December 2018 because I had to do a lot of work) but I did made a appointment with my doctor starting in April 25th

#6 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

I have heard that for some people eating a lot makes their metabolisms go overboard to correct for all the food they're taking in, and so actually eating less makes them put on weight.

I've no clue if that's relevant at all, but it's a cool fact? If you're going to the doctor though, they should be able to tell you.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

Unintended weight loss over a short period, especially when >10 lbs and especially in someone like you who's already on the slim side, is definitely worrisome and warrants seeing a doctor. Definitely good that you scheduled an appointment. Have there be any other symptoms you've noticed (fevers, chills, night sweats, anything), or just the weight loss?

As a general rule of thumb, if something concerns you, and you have insurance, go see a doctor. The worst that can happen is they'll tell you nothing's wrong and you're out 30 minutes of your time.

#8 DeSimpleton

DeSimpleton

• Banned

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

Unintended weight loss over a short period, especially when >10 lbs and especially in someone like you who's already on the slim side, is definitely worrisome and warrants seeing a doctor. Definitely good that you scheduled an appointment. Have there be any other symptoms you've noticed (fevers, chills, night sweats, anything), or just the weight loss?

As a general rule of thumb, if something concerns you, and you have insurance, go see a doctor. The worst that can happen is they'll tell you nothing's wrong and you're out 30 minutes of your time.

I've actually had some fevers and night sweats during the past few weeks.

Edited by DeSimpleton, 04 April 2019 - 09:00 PM.

#9 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:18 PM

It's good you're seeing a doctor then. At 6'4 and 138 pounds, you've got a BMI of 17 which is considered underweight. Having those other symptoms is a bit worrying as well. Good luck with your appointment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users