The quest I never announced...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:18 PM

Yet it seems I've always work on quests that later on turn out too ambitious. A few years ago I started a game boy quest smaller than that of Hylian Legacy. But as life has it's ups and downs, I simply lost the motivation to continue working on this. I did get some progress done, but like I mentioned, I can't even remember what the original idea was going to be like. I wouldn't want to let this work be wasted, so it's available for anything (scripts, palettes, etc) to the community. (Scripts I think are credited inside the main zscript quest buffer).

https://www.dropbox....Emblem.qst?dl=0

Here are a few shots of what's been shared to the community as well:

uPLeyLb.png 2Uzq2Rl.png dWxdxz4.png

rZzRLc2.png ANpSL37.png xBVEz0d.png

XKQ56dD.png EsJ3vfW.png AGcnfRq.png

Aq3GUP3.png

If anyone ever decides to use some of my stuff, I only ask to be credited for. :)

• Anthus, nicklegends, Shane and 10 others like this

#2 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:29 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I'm so saddened to hear of this, because your GB work is easily some of my favorite stuff made in ZC, EVER... :(

Losing motivation is understandable though, and I completely get it. I promise that I'm not trying to guilt trip here - It's just sad that this won't be completed. However, all the cool palettes and assets you've put into this certainly won't be wasted at least. Thanks for making this post, and for all the great screens you've provided and inspired us with from this project.

• Anthus, Shane, Avaro and 5 others like this

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:21 PM

Wow that Looks Nice :D

• Lightwulf and Demonlink like this

#4 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:49 AM

When I left ZC a year ago, this was one of the quests I was anticipating the most actually. You simply have a great talent to mix in different styles and make them still blend together perfectly. :)
  • Demonlink likes this

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:50 PM

This was the unspoken most promising project... :(

Your GB work is seriously amazing. I agree with everything Matthew said. It's very nice of you to release what you have made. I wonder how much is playable, and how far this quest was in development.

But anyway, thanks for the update and for the file. Don't worry, making a game is extremely tough.

• Lightwulf, Demonlink, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:44 PM

The pictures looked pretty sick (awesome).  Sorry to hear that it wasn't finished.  But I hope someone can use something out of it, so that all of your hard work didn't go to waste.  :(

• Lightwulf and Demonlink like this

#7 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:56 PM

Understandable.  Lack of time to work on a quest is my problem; I imagine that might affect the will to work on a quest.  Best of luck to you.

Great screens, BTW!  :D

• Demonlink likes this

#8 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 16 June 2022 - 02:04 PM

As far as I can tell you don't like making dungeons to much. Based on the fact you started making only the first screen of the dungeon. The overworlds all seem about done. If I were you I would one: Get rid of all the dungeons, make what you want. Two, make the dungeons really small, like 8 to 16 screens so you can finish them. I would go back to this, you put a ton of work into those overworlds and I see no reason to finish the game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users