Photo

Screenshot of the Week 435

Jared Shane Demonlink EddyTheOliveira Migokalle Mudkipz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 435 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

EddyTheOliveira

EddyTheOliveira.png

Link finds himself in the fiery fields of the Lava Valley.

Mudkipz

Mudkipz.png

As Link reaches the Tower of Hera, traumatic memories of Moldorm return.

Migokalle

Migokalle.png

"That castle would make a great SotW. -  NJF"

Jared

Jared.png

A small town located in a forest, separated by log passages!

Shane

Shane.png

Link goes back in time to travel further in Lanayru Desert.

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

A beautiful preview of Lyn Village from Pleads of Lydia! :D

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

Nice, six shots, and Jared's seventieth time entering the contest. Wow!

EddyTheOliveira
A pretty convincing lava land shot. Nothing stands out as particularly good or bad.

Mudkipz
I hate to bring up the P word here--perspective--but I did find it a little confusing at first glance. The tower has a different perspective than its posts, which is different than the cliffs, which is different than the background... I know what the shot is trying to accomplish and yet it feels a bit awkward.

Migokalle
It's a nice castle indeed, but I'm not gonna vote for it without some ground tiles.

Jared
The shot feels a little overprocessed, too shiny, like it's plastic or something. With that said, the solid design and vibrant palette are big pluses.

Shane
A solid desert shot with a nice open design. The ice crystal bugs me a bit seeing as this shot's in the desert, but I'll let it slide. (EDIT: OK, I get it; it's a timeshift stone. :P)

Demonlink
A pretty GB-style shot, for sure. Some of the details seem like they were sprinkled on for the sake of detail only, like the sets of identical flower plants and flower... flowers. :doh:

There are a number of good shots this week, but I'll vote for Shane. I really like the composition of his shot.

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Nulled because I entered. Also, I just noticed I submitted an early version of the screen >_< Oh well, the updated version isn't really anything different.

Good luck everyone else!

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Nicklegends, the ice crystal is obviously a timeshift stone ;). There are too many good shots this week. I really can't decide what to vote for!

Edited by Avataro, 23 December 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#5 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

AARGH! SO MUCH SotW GOODNESS!!

All of them are really good. I really don't know what to vote, so I won't.

#6 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

The level of GB screens is over 9000! (DBZ pun :lol: ) No, seriously, all screens are awesome! (So, I nulled :P )
  • Jared likes this

#7 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

This week's screenshots are all very solid, so great job to all of you! :)

EddytheOliveira

• That's a pretty solid lava screenshot. There's nothing that stands out as bad.
  • 8/10

Mudkipz

• This is a really good screen, but the perspective was a tiny bit confusing at first.
  • 8/10

Migokalle

• Really good castle screen, but the fact that there isn't any ground tiles seriously hurts it.
  • 7/10

Jared

• This is a pretty decent screenshot, as there is nothing that stands out as bad.
  • 8/10

Shane

• This is a really good desert screenshot that has a great design. Definitely makes me recall that area from Skyward Sword. :D
  • 9/10

Demonlink

• Another solid screen. Nothing bad about this one either.
  • 8/10

In conclusion, I voted for Shane this week. It has a great design and I just like the overall appearance of the screenshot. Congrats! :)

Edited by DaviAwesome, 23 December 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

EddytheOliveira

• That's a pretty solid lava screenshot. There's nothing that stands out as bad.
  • 8/10

Thanks! I got plenty more of these screens planned for future SotW  ;)

• David likes this

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

I would have voted for demonlink, but he lost me with the poor use of cliff tiles as they meet the water. A quick custom tile could have prevented this. You could have made that small corner transparent and place it on a layer.

Same goes for Mudkipz, a great refreshing look on ALBW in Gameboy perspective, but still poor use of those corner tiles, leaving a noticeable corner piece appearing over the background.

It was close between Jared, Eddy, and Shane, but I ended up voting for Jared.

Migokalle.... What's with the description? :P If your comment was directed towards me, I guess I kinda missed the point. :P Also, what on earth were you thinking leaving out the ground dude? Lol
Update: Oh wait! I get it now. You were quoting me from my last comment!!! lol :P Thanks for taking suggestion, but I didn't mean leave out everything else...... Lol

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 23 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#10 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I would have voted for demonlink, but he lost me with the poor use of cliff tiles as they meet the water. A quick custom tile could have prevented this. You could have made that small corner transparent and place it on a layer.

Same goes for Mudkipz, a great refreshing look on ALBW in Gameboy perspective, but still poor use of those corner tiles, leaving a noticeable corner piece appearing over the background.

It was close between Jared, Eddy, and Shane, but I ended up voting for Jared.

Migokalle.... What's with the description? :P If your comment was directed towards me, I guess I kinda missed the point. :P Also, what on earth were you thinking leaving out the ground dude? Lol
Update: Oh wait! I get it now. You were quoting me from my last comment!!! lol :P Thanks for taking suggestion, but I didn't mean leave out everything else...... Lol

Yeah, that was an attempt at humor. :P

Thanks for the three votes so far though, for those of you who were crazy enough to give me theirs. Here's the original shot, if anybody's curious, but please don't let it influence your voting - this is not the one I submitted after all.

castleentrance2_zps9032c7ea.png

• Supindahood and David like this

#11 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

I don't usually provide feedback on these but I have nothing to do at work. I included a number rating just for reference there no real measurement except 10 being a perfect, flawless shot that makes you have to change your shorts. I guess 7 is solid, 8 is great, 9 is amazing or something like that.

EddyTheOliveira, Nice old school GB shot.Though a little too saturated with red. Also those shadows are hideous. What's up with that? - 7/10 

Mudkipz, I like the idea but that tower and sky just don't match the perspective of the GBZ graphics. There's also bad use of ground tiles and the clouds under the tower are just weird. Does the tower not have a base? 6/10

Migokalle, Great looking castle but why is this in SotW? Half a shot, half a score. 5/10

Jared, great use of detail, great asymmetrical design. I can't find anything I don't like about this shot. 9/10 [voted here]

Shane, pretty much everything I said about Jared's shot. Those little trees just look awkward but it'd be a true master who could make them not look awkward. 9/10

Demonlink, I love this shot. Great GB Zelda feel. I am not a fan of the  square blue mountain border or the use of flower and grass ground detail. 8/10

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I believe Migokalle was trolling me in a light humorous way. It's a shame though, I wanted to see the actual pic in SotW. I can take a joke and all, but this was rather silly, don't you think? :P
  • Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Supindahood and David like this

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

Also those shadows are hideous. What's up with that? - 7/10 

Only found out about this once DCE spotted it >_<

#14 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Voted for Mudkipz one. This tower reminds me of ALBW Tower of Hera entrance. But imagine if the Moldorm can only be hurt by whacking his tail end with hammer! And his arena is placed right above a pit filled with Super-InstaKiller-Spikes!

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Only found out about this once DCE spotted it >_<

With all due respect, shouldn't that be something you would notice before submitting to SotW? :P No worries, at least your image has a background. Lol

I'll admit I didn't notice the shadows either until it was brought up. So it's all cool.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, Shane, Demonlink, EddyTheOliveira, Migokalle, Mudkipz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users