• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

Heyho :)

Is it possible to copy and paste a whole map? I need that lots of times, but it's a bit exhausting to copy 128 screens everytime.

(Btw.: I need the "paste all" function for the whole map)

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

File -> Export Map. Name the file. File -> Import Map onto the DMap of your choosing. Done. :)

• Shane, Eddy, Lightwulf and 3 others like this

#3 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

File -> Export Map. Name the file. File -> Import Map onto the DMap of your choosing. Done. :)

Wait... wait... no... this isn't... no... so... you are telling me that... *face palms*. Holy shit I have been copying my maps from scratch by just looking onto one screen and then making it again onto the map until I have created the entire map... like in... HDIPZ... I had to copy the entire DARK world... MANUALLY BY LOOKING AT THE LIGHT WORLD AND... It can't be true... can it? Are you telling the truth? .-.

• Shane, Jared, FalsePower and 1 other like this

#4 FalsePower

FalsePower

Hero of the space-time continuum

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Boy I'm glad I learned this now before I did exactly what Joel did. :P
Thanks for the tip Jared.
  • Jared and Astromeow like this

#5 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

I thought, this would export and import ALL of my maps, so I didn't use it before. ;)

Thx a lot! :D

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

Heh! I've made similar mistakes in other games.

Fortunately I found this before I had to anything like that in ZC.

Nice little hack, thanks for the tip.

#7 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:32 AM

Just to be sure, this works only for quests with the same tilesets, right? I actually test around a lot and often delete by mistake whole maps (already 4 times so far this happened) or have multiple files and move between them (since I always change and move my tiles and combos around, I nearly have always different tilesets).

#8 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

Yes, if you use another tileset, this won't work.

If combo "00056" is a Tree-Combo at your first tileset, but a rock-combo at your second tileset, all of the trees will be rocks after importing the map in the second tileset.

#9 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

You just saved me several hours of work! Thank you!

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

As I recall, Saffith added Copy/Paste DMAP Maps to 2.50.2. It's in the changelog.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 15 August 2015 - 04:42 PM.

• Rastael likes this

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

As I recall, Saffith added Copy/Paste DMAP to 2.50.2. It's in the changelog.

This is for maps, not DMaps.

• Shane likes this

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

Wait... wait... no... this isn't... no... so... you are telling me that... *face palms*. Holy shit I have been copying my maps from scratch by just looking onto one screen and then making it again onto the map until I have created the entire map... like in... HDIPZ... I had to copy the entire DARK world... MANUALLY BY LOOKING AT THE LIGHT WORLD AND... It can't be true... can it? Are you telling the truth? .-.

This is what it looks like when JMC's mind is blown folks. Take it all in.
  • Joelmacool likes this

#13 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

As I recall, Saffith added Copy/Paste DMAP to 2.50.2. It's in the changelog.

Oh my god, that works too? I have to download that Version! o.O

Where can I download the newest vwersion of 2.5? (purezc forum, shardstorm or zeldaclassic.com?)

My version is 2.5.5 (thats what zclauncher says)

Edited by Rastael, 15 August 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#14 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

Oh my god, that works too? I have to download that Version! o.O

Where can I download the newest vwersion of 2.5? (purezc forum, shardstorm or zeldaclassic.com?)

My version is 2.5.5 (thats what zclauncher says)

2.50.2 is at present, unreleased. When the latest build is available, it will be on shardstorm.com.

ZLaunch versioning is different to ZC/ZQuest. 2.5.6 is the latest public ZLaunch build, distributed with ZC 2.50.1 (public build 28). ZLaunch 2.5.5 is for ZC 2.50.0 (public build 24). The build numbers are visible if you do Menu->Etc.->About in ZQuest, or Menu->Misc->About in Zelda Classic (viewer). It's the easiest way to disambiguate the two, as both report to be 'Version 2.50' in the 'About' menu, so you need to use the build number.

Don't confuse that with the alpha build numbers on Shardstorm, which are in the neighbourhood 1700 and above. The last alpha build that you can download, is 1703, from October 2014. (Edit: That link now seems to be broken, but I believe that 1703 either became 2.50.1 final, or was just before it.)

(P.S. No, I don't have 2.50.2 alpha-anything, so I can't possibly give it out. )

...and right, maps. I have no idea why I said DMAPs up there, as the topic is about Maps, and the feature is copying Maps; except that I've had to type DMAP so many times in the last few days, that it's automatic.

DMAP datum duplication could also be useful, I suppose; but in a far more limited manner.

P.S. I counted: In just one script file, a mere 280 lines long, 'DMAP' is there, 62 times, which means it's there approximately once every 4 lines. That's one of three files similar to it, that I made in the last 24-hours, where everything uses some type of DMAP-related function. :P

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 15 August 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#15 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:54 AM

Is there a way to use "replace all" for a whole map instead for only one screen? Would be nice to copy a map with another comboset and than just replace the now wrong combos with the right ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users