enemy editor invisable

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

No, Avataro's right. Only the animation settings affect the number of frames and direction. What animation setting are you using? (Under O. Anim or E. Anim depending on your quest rule setting). How many frames and directions do your enemies use?

For example, a classic Darknut has two frames of animation, but its tile changes for each of the four directions it faces. So its animation style would be "2-frame, 4-dir". (Or "Darknut (NES)", which flips each of the four direction tiles to get the second tile).

A classic like-like, on the other hand, has 3 frames of animation, but doesn't change its tile based on direction, so it would be "3-frame" animation style.

You also have to set a frame rate, located to the right of your animation setting. Setting it to something like 16 is a safe bet, and you can fine tune it once you have the animation basically working.

Edited by Aevin, 19 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#17 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

enemyissue1_zps299c98ea.png

the red Xs are the duds

#18 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Ok, From what I can see;

• Fish1 does not look like it has any HP, And it also looks like the F. Rate is 0. If you made the HP 0 because there is an item you want to still use to kill it set in tab 3 the "Damaged By Power 0 Weapons" flag. You should probably set the F. Rate to 16.
  • Fish 2 has a F Rate of 6, I don't know if setting that to 16 will help but it might.
  • FishNut (I think that is what you put in the name box) or the image bottom of the image on the far left has a F. Rate of 15, Again setting that to 16 should help.

And I think that if what I suggested does not help to post screenshots what is in the other tabs has set.

#19 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Look through the other enemy editor tabs (especially the invisibility flags in "Misc flags") to see what else is different about them.

So basically, coolgamer's last suggestion. I don't think the first three would be the problem.

#20 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Look through the other enemy editor tabs (especially the invisibility flags in "Misc flags") to see what else is different about them.

So basically, coolgamer's last suggestion. I don't think the first three would be the problem.

I could of sworn i was. that is why I thought the W and H numbers were important

#21 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

What exactly was the problem again? "The enemies do not show up"?

You should try making a new savefile in the ZC-player, or simply reenter the screen with the enemies, because the same problem happened to me too when I once made a new enemy and after reentering the screen it showed up.

#22 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

i was trying to make a video about it, but cam studio does this thing where after recording and saving it says it can't open the file.

but It did work when I refreshed.

why does it do that?

(ok now to figure out why my warps no longer work. If I tell it to take me to screen 60, it would take ot to 54. it just started it)

even in the editor preview. I think it's only a dungeon thing

Edited by LikeLike on fire, 25 September 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#23 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

So, you mean the enemies appeared after you refreshed? What did you refresh?

And why should a warp not take you to the screen you defined?

#24 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

when I loaded a new file of my quest to test them. they all shown up.

as for my warp thing. it takes me else where.

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Well, is it a normal tile warp or a side warp?

#26 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well, is it a normal tile warp or a side warp?

tile warp, on graphics for stairs and pits to give the illusion of up and down. those are unessessary. but the warps now got skewed. it did work.  my file is not corrupted is it?

Edited by LikeLike on fire, 25 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#27 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't think it would load if it is corrupt.

Is the rule "Fix links position dungeons" on or off? I don't know exactly what it does, But I know it could have something to do with this.

#28 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

http://youtu.be/3vN8_6z6SGQ

here

#29 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

I believe that enemies won;t exist in an old .sav file when you add them to the .qst file because some of the enemy data (enemy numbers) is in the quest header... An old .sav file doesn't have those global constants set in it, so when you update the .qst file with your old .sav file, any calls to those constants will yield no result.

The simple rule: Whenever you change anything, make a new .sav file. I found out the hard way that by not doing this, making game changes can have wildly off effects with old .sav files, including non-working items, enemies, wraps and screen states.

Try resetting your warps, and checking to see if the warps work in ZQ by clicking the test button. If they are sending you to the wrong location, go to the Screen->Warps pane, and double-check the values, then click test and see if you end up on the correct screen. Then check that you have the correct warp arrival squares on the destination screen, and verify that you do not have conflicting warps (such as tile-warps and side-warps) and verify that your warp tiles are set to the correct kind for your warp arrival squares. 

If you have changed warps and are using an old .sav file, that is likely the cause, and if so, make a completely new .sav file by deleting your old game (in ZC, select Delete File, remove your old game, then choose Register Your Game abd make a new save file, load your latest .qst file, and try the game).

#30 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

it would work/used to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enemy, editor, invisable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users