Various questions

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#16 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

As long as you have multiple block triggers and have either "Block -> Shutters" or "Block -> Secrets" (I think its called "block -> secrets"), everything should be fine. Here's a picture of one of my block puzzles, notice there's multiple block triggers and "Block -> Shutters" is the only thing checked.

IPB Image

#17 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

well, in my case, it is a secret, but i dont see any Blocks -> secrets...
am i doing something wrong?
IPB Image

#18 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

When you use secrets with flag 16-(idk), you don't need to check block->shutters/secrets. icon_smile.gif

#19 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

yeah, i'm doing that, but it just triggers the flag when i push the first block

#20 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, couldn't remember if there was a block > secrets or not. Yours looks correct to me, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

#21 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

ok

thanks for the help guys, i will try figuring it out by myself.

#22 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

7# how many strings can a 2.10 quest have?

8#Why does some of the items and others change pallet when in a dungeon?

Edited by Ica44, 10 April 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#23 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Apr 10 2011, 02:17 AM) View Post
well, in my case, it is a secret, but i dont see any Blocks -> secrets...
am i doing something wrong?
IPB Image

I'm surprised that the others havent figured it out; Flags 1 and 2 create blocks that trigger when pushed, regardless of block trigggers. Use the other block flags instead.

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Apr 11 2011, 06:13 AM) View Post
7# how many strings can a 2.10 quest have?

8#Why does some of the items and others change pallet when in a dungeon?

7) I don't know. I don't use 2.10.

8) Depends on the tileset; they are in Cset 9, a sprite pallet that changes colours depending on the Dmap's pallet in tilesets like Classic.

#24 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

thanks orin!

i just realized the problem with the c-sets

actually, 2,3 and 9 change with the D map

#25 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Apr 11 2011, 09:59 AM) View Post
thanks orin!

i just realized the problem with the c-sets

actually, 2,3 and 9 change with the D map

CSet 4 also changes, but yes, you are right. CSets 2, 3, 4, and 9 change with the palette, and each DMap can be assigned a different palette.

Now, about the push blocks:

Push blocks can be confusing because both the combo type AND the flag can matter, at least in 2.10 they can. Check the combo type of the blocks you are putting push flags on. If the combo type is "push-wait," that means two things: first, there is a slight delay when you try to push the block. Second, once pushed, it will activate secrets.

The way "push-wait" blocks activate secrets is weird, though. They make the stairway appear immediately, since that is part of what they were designed to do. But if there is anything else to be triggered, it will only be triggered AFTER you leave and re-enter the screen, if I recall correctly. Obviously, there's no logical reason anyone would prefer it to work this way. But if you ever see it happen: no, you're not crazy; that really is how the program works. icon_wink.gif But it's quite easy to avoid.

So anyway, in short, don't use "push-wait" combos for "push the block(s) onto the trigger(s)" puzzles. The "push-wait" combo type is for old-fashioned, NES-style block pushing.

#26 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

Hey guys, i have something that has been tickling my mind for a little while, through this is not about the program, but about the players.

9# Does it matters for a player if the map can be placed together?

I know i does matters a little, but does it matters enough, becuase my quests map doesnt make much sense.

#27 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

ok,

#10 My Dungeon was set as "Dungeon" and every thing worked, but, every time i loaded the game, link walked 2 tiles down, which bothered me. So i changed it to "Cave" and the Shutters no longer worked. Why is that and how can i solve my problem?

#28 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Ica44 @ Jun 6 2011, 12:40 PM) View Post

ok,

#10 My Dungeon was set as "Dungeon" and every thing worked, but, every time i loaded the game, link walked 2 tiles down, which bothered me. So i changed it to "Cave" and the Shutters no longer worked. Why is that and how can i solve my problem?
You have to set it to level 1 dungeon. And make sure links starting position is as far down as you can go without it being off of the screen. You'll see what I mean when you place the blue square.. It has to be on the screen, it can't leave the boundary.

Edited by Franky, 06 June 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#29 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thats not really what i'm asking, but good to know... icon_slycool.gif

#30 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

This is your problem. When you do what I said when link enters or starts from the dungeon he walks two tiles up as if he is entering the dungeon walking. When you place the blue square up to far or down to far, he walks downwards.

Also you cant use shutters with cave, you have to use dungeon or interior( if i remember right)
Now if you are trying to disable him moving instead of just fixing it so he walks up from the bottom of the screen, that's a different story. If you don't care about when you enter a dungeon through a door and he walks up, but have a problem with entering in stairs and other things and having him walk then, just use insta warp with opening wipe instead of entrance exit for stairs and other non door entrances and link will stay in place instead of walking. You can also do this to keep shutters with the dungeon setting and get rid of the link moving up / down movement. Remember, insta warp with opening wipe.

I haven't used 210 forever, so if your using that just mess with the other warp settings until you find something that works, that's assuming you don't have insta warp with opening wipe.

Edited by Franky, 06 June 2011 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users