• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

https://www.youtube....1L_cwmaSoYZDzWF

I attempted the run.  I hadn't seen anyone else try to do it, so I decided to capture some video footage of a full run that tries.

There are several mandatory glitch segments.

01.  Mysterious Woods Entry, at the start of the game.  This is required to start the run.

02.  Tail Cave Boss Room.  None of the arsenal you can obtain can damage the boss, aside from the sword.  So you must skip past him for the instrument to force the story to progress.

03.  Moblin Cave Boss Room.  Ditto on nothing damaging him, so you must skip past him to obtain BowWow.

04.  Key Cavern Boss Room.  Ditto on nothing damaging him.

05.  Angler's Tunnel Mini-Boss Room.  Ditto on nothing damaging him.  But here skipping past the room is unnecessary, when you can just instead opt to glitch into the Flippers room directly.

06.  Catfish's Maw.  Can only access the first 4 rooms of the dungeon, due to no sword to destroy the crystals throughout the dungeon. So you glitch into the instrument room directly, and the Hookshot is unobtainable.

07.  Northern Face Shrine Nightmare Key.  No Hookshoot means this is unobtainable legitimately.

08.  Eagle Tower Final Pillar.  Required to glitch to it, since you do not have a Hookshot to clear the gap that preceeds it.

09.  Eagle Tower Boss Room.  Required to glitch to the door, since no Hookshoot means you can't clear the gap just before it.

10.  Turtle Rock.  Required to use a glitch entrance into the dungeon, since you are unable to obtain the Song of Ressurection.  Not only this, you will be unable to progress throughout parts of the dungeon normally without a Hookshot, so it's easier to just get the Magic Rod directly and head straight for the boss with another glitch.

11.  Final Nightmare.  Required to use a glitch to the final boss room against the nightmares, since you cannot obtain the Windfish's Ballad to enter the Windfish's Egg normally.

This is where your run will end, much like a Swordless run of The Legend of Zelda on Famicom, as you require a sword to damage the Final Nightmare's second form.

Edited by Koh, 17 September 2018 - 04:11 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

You know what would be interesting? There's a glitch where trading the shovel for the boomerang before buying the bow lets you buy another shovel in certain versions. It'd be neat to see a complete bowless run. I know you can get up to Turtle Rock at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users