Photo

Screenshot of the Week 49

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Which screen? (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Which screen?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:22 PM

Arathorn21st- Good pic.I really like the setup of the room. Very well done.

codelinker8705- Good screen, but it shold have some torches or something to liven it up a little.

Ian- This one reminds me of MM. It's done very good.

jman2050- Good job on the custom tiles and stuff. There seems to be alot of one tile being used though.

Teilyr- Great shot. I like the shot as a whole, it has a very calm feeling to it and great colors. *votes*

#17 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:01 PM

Whee, more pretty pictures!! icon_biggrin.gif

Arathorn: Nice caption. icon_lol.gif Interesting, but kinda plain.
codelinker: Not bad... a little boring, but seems original, and Z3-ish.
Ian: Pretty good. Seems like a good shot. icon_smile.gif
jman: Mmm... the Z3 tiles I've seen already. However, those trees and flowers are pretty good. icon_wink.gif
Teilyr: Sweet! Damn good. Those custom mountain tiles, the leaves floating in the air/butterflies (whatever icon_heh.gif), seems very MLish. Nice shot. icon_thumbsup.gif *vote*

Edited by Ben, 25 February 2004 - 07:01 PM.

#18 Mr.Descer

Mr.Descer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:01 PM

Ian's pic is definately the greatest looking. I hope MMDWR tileset is released soon because it is a fantastic set. It still has some unseen and cool tiles. maybe i can change that icon_wink.gif
Oh yes and actually all the other pictures are good too.

1. Ian 2. Teilyr 3. Arathorn

Edited by Mr.Descer, 25 February 2004 - 07:22 PM.

#19 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:14 PM

Teilyr, hands down. I just have one word to describe that, EPIC! icon_thumbsup.gif

#20 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

I vote Teilyr! Only because I love the tiles. I like the way they are designed they are totally different from what I have seen in a while. Keep up the good work, and hope to see the quest soon.

#21 Whhthe2

Whhthe2

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:48 PM

I null voted because I liked all the screens.

Arathorn21st: Where the hell is that level?? I'm still stuck. And uh...The only thing I would say is: did you mean to have 2 different floor borders on one screen? I would understand if it were on different levels...but I don't know...

Codelinker 8705: LttP indeed. I like your map and item borders...but do change the background from white...It is distracting...may i suggest grey or dark blue or green?

Ian: Can't say anything bad about the MMDWR tileset. I can see how these would get old quick though...

Jman: Not the best shot. Plain grass and trees...the flowers are nice though. You may also want to spell 'botanical' correctly.

Teilyr: I personally don't like how thick the borders are around the items...slim em down...and I dont understand repalacing the classic hearts with circles...if you werent doing a zelda quest...then it'd be fine. The rounded and smoothed over edges give the shot a sort of soft and cutesy feel, (which isnt necessarily bad) I also agree about the trees looking sorta floating. Mainly because the surrounding water has waves in it. I would make it look shallower by putting the shallow water tiles around the coastline. All of these little things aside, this is certainly a great shot, that i could never match up to with my current work. Good Job!

Edited by Whhthe2, 27 February 2004 - 03:50 PM.

#22 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:11 PM

I'm going to be dropping back the A&B borders soon.. As for the life meter, I was just expirimenting.

As for the grass, it's a expiriment as well. I'm gonna make them more realistic by the time the first demo of the quest comes out. They'll still be rounded but, they won't look so soft.

As for the trees, as I told Arathorn, they look better in the game. As for your suggestion about the water.. Shallow water tiles piss me off. Plus, I'm not going for the lttp look here.

Thanks for the critique.

Edited by Teilyr, 27 February 2004 - 05:11 PM.

#23 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Feb 27 2004, 05:11 PM)
As for the grass, it's a expiriment as well.  I'm gonna make them more realistic by the time the first demo of the quest comes out.  They'll still be rounded but, they won't look so soft.
The grass was one of my favorite parts of the shot. icon_biggrin.gif

As for your suggestion about the water.. Shallow water tiles piss me off. Plus, I'm not going for the lttp look here.
That is my opinion precisely. Which is why I like to use those R2 water tiles Mr.Z recolored and why I updated it to be more complete.

I seem to do this comments in bold thing a lot, ya know.

#24 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

All right, I've submitted a screen shot for next week. It was supposed to be for this week, but I forgot once again. So bring what you have to the table. icon_biggrin.gif

And I voted for Ian's screen shot cause my pupils allow more light to enter, which burns the back of my retina, and in turn, stimulates my brain over the other ones.

I liked Tei's pic too, but his has to many mixed tiles.

~PB~

#25 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2004 - 03:01 AM

All right, I've submitted a screen shot for next week.

Well, I lost icon_razz.gif.

#26 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(PolygonX8 @ Feb 28 2004, 03:01 AM)
Well, I lost icon_razz.gif.

Have confidence, grasshopper.

#27 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:36 PM

Ok, Teilyr wins. I will update the main site this afternoon. And SOTW 50 will be posted later tonight.

#28 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:11 PM

Have confidence, grasshopper.

Alright then, but you know, Prince USUALLY always wins.
Depending on his screen, I'll decide if I lost or not icon_wink.gif.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users