braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Game Trailer:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FTP-JbDBSCw

TV Series Trailer:

https://www.youtube....h?v=h_A3e2bl334

Well.... this certainly looks interesting to say the least. Predictably, people are already freaking out over the new designs (Which are pretty okay, in my opinion, with Knuckles being the weakest to me.) 

It's nice to see that they are at least trying to change the formula, and Sega seems to have alot of confidence in this project, so we'll just have to see how this goes.

Thoughts?

#2 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

I liked the tv show trailer.

As for the game, I'm going to try not to judge until it comes out and I can play it. To me though, it looks like maybe a mix between Heroes and Adventure Battle 2.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

TV show could be alright though the preview wasn't that great. The game could be fun, it looks like it could be enjoyable. But those designs... they are just downright shitty. Thankfully, Sega confirmed that it's all its own little group and continuity there, the designs aren't replacing the known ones, and future Sonic games won't use the art styles. So I'm okay with this, as bad as they are.

#4 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

Overall, the only character design that bothers me is Knuckles. In the promotional image there is a very high amount of sports tape (!?) everywhere, but in the actual animation sample for the show it wasn't nearly as pronounced, so I'll give it a pass. Also, I actually love Tails design with the goggles and toolbelt, it really fits his character. Like I said, Knuckles bothers me since he looks like he's mutating. Maybe overexposure to the master emerald or something, I dunno.

The game teaser looked interesting, and I actually liked the show trailer. The banter between Eggman and Sonic was pretty solid, and I like the voice actors they're using. I'll give it a shot most likely.

• Haylee likes this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

The song for the game trailer sounds familiar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it Hollywood Undead?

#6 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

Bangarang by Skrillix is in one of them, for sure. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

#7 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

I expected this thread to be about:  http://www.wmdt.com/...ut-a-sonic-boom

#8 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qwKCQ4M2Nw

Edited by Zecora, 07 February 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Guys, everything will be taken care of. We got this and this. Suck it Sega!

>_>

Don't judge.

Anyway, looking forward to the TV Series... haven't seen a Sonic TV show in a very long time. I wonder how well it will go... expecting something pretty awesome. And also the game as well, considering how I haven't finished Lost World just yet, I'm looking forward to the game too.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 07 February 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#10 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Guys, everything will be taken care of. We got this and this. Suck it Sega!

Well spoken, why make whine about Sonic when you can make your own :)

I think the new designs are odd, but then again I always liked the original designs more, so its merely a new look for me. I will judge the game based off its gameplay/story when it comes out. Though if this is what it takes for SEGA to make a widely well received Sonic game, then they need to push forward. I liked some of the recent Sonic games, but I know they were not for everyone :(

#11 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

What's with the overload of bandages on their designs?  Did they think that'd be cool or something?  Looks like they're escapees from a hospital.

AVGN:  "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?"

Edited by Koh, 07 February 2014 - 12:43 PM.

• Avaro likes this

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

I've seen this and It looks interesting... though knuckles has gotten buff and taller by four feet. xD and I've also heard the game is supposed to be reminiscent of sonic adventure with a central hub with areas with missions and stuff maybe it might be good.

And on top of that the Wii U version is being made a new company "Big Red Button Entertainment" so who knows how that'll turn out, but  also seen that Sanzaru Games (Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Developer) will handling the the 3DS version, so at least Dimps will have no hand in these games. :P 

#13 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

"Big Red Button Entertainment" 

easy-button.jpg

It's Staples, confirmed.

Edited by Koh, 07 February 2014 - 12:58 PM.

• DCEnygma, The Satellite, Haylee and 2 others like this

#14 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
the best of them, tougher than leather.
You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles

This song better be in there somewhere since I think they took it a bit literally. :P

Other than Knuckles looking more like Bark the Polarbear with dreadlocks, I don't mind the character designs. I don't think they are absolutely amazing, but I do like Tails' design in particular since it's probably the most fitting of them... though maybe they took cues from his design in the really terrible alternate future arcs in Archie Sonic.

Yes. I read the Archie Sonic comics... :-P

• DCEnygma likes this

#15 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

I really like the designs, actually.  Even Knuckles'.  It's like...not that ridiculous?  I mean, did you see the size of his fists before?!  Feels like the growths there just spread to the rest of his body instead :P

The tape that they're wearing is really common for parkour athletes, also.  Makes sense.

• Ventus likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Series, Video Game, Wii U, 3DS, Cartoon Network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users