Photo

Screenshot of the Week 324

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (57 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

Sepulcher
IPB Image
thisissuchasenselessquotethatibunchedtheletterstogethertomakeyouconcentrateoneachindividualwordyoucanstopreadingnowcausethisisntgoingtogetanybettersogoreadabookorlightsomethingonfireorsomething icon_slycool.gif

King Harkinian
IPB Image
More monochrome. Just ignore the subscreen. Don't let it ruin the shot, and who cares if Link was stupid enough to not bring a sword.

Isdrakthül
IPB Image

link1996
IPB Image
All unseen-before graphics are hand drawn by me. "Oh, look at that! It appears that beer is more popular than juice these days...."

Yoshidude
IPB Image
From a new hidden project of mine.

Lynker
IPB Image
Two enemies conversing, a crow trying to escape, and an Octorok eating a rock! This is madness!

Moo2wo
IPB Image
Link's gonna have to time this jump well...

William
IPB Image
Link looks at the beautiful sunset occurring across the Sea. As the last beams of light cross his face, he prepares himself to enter the Fire Temple. The light fails, and Link finds himself peaceful in the dark. Little does he know, it is the last sunset he will ever watch.

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

Another nice, long and beautiful screen shot of the week!

Sepulcher: Very nice detail and layout. I don't really like how tall the mountain is and how little walkability in this shot. 7.5/10.
King Harkinian: Very nice dungeon screen! I love the layout, the detail, but I hate the palette! 8/10
Isdrakthül: It's an alright screen, not much detail really l. You could have put some dirt blotches here and there. There is just to much grass and the gate is to close to the end of the screen. 6/10
Link1996: Very interesting screen. It looks like a concert is going on here. It's not very detailed, but I just love the concert scene!
7/10.
Yoshidude: One of your best shots. Nice detail and layout. I don't like the tree layout or the fact that the mountains are way to square. 7.5/10
Lynker: You never disappoint man! But a lot of your screens are very similar. You need to be a bit more unique in your screen design.
Still, great screen. 8.5/10
Moo2ow: just beautiful dungeon screen! Everything about this screen is just wonderful! The only complaint is the Cset of the red barriers. They're extremely vibrant. But over all, one of the best dungeon shots I've ever seen! 10/10! *votes*
William: It's very great, but it looks very similar to some of the other shots you've shown here. But I love the sunset/sunrise scene that you made on this screen. Just beautiful. 8/10.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Honestly? I null'd. I seriously couldn't vote!

Sepulchie - Dude. Stop it. 'Nuff said. 10/10

King Harkie - Great work! the pillar seem a little too big, but besides that, this screen is absolutely perfect! 9/10

Isdrakie -Beautiful. It would help making it a bit more complete by adding tree tops. 8.5/10

Linkie - Very different! Not a huge fan of the palette or the tileset, but I like it. 8/10

Yoshie -Still lovin' it. 9/10

Lynkie - I love meee icon_biggrin.gif 123214213/10

Mooie -An average dungeon screen!Very good! Now just add a few Keese icon_wink.gif 10/10

Willie -Wow....just wow. Very amazing work. but, you need new link tiles! icon_razz.gif 9.5/10

Great job everyone this week! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Another very nice turn out. I accidentally nulled, but I meant to vote for King Harkanian (So if it is at all possible to change that >.>;)

So, each shot:

Sepulcher:
This is a good shot, and there's nothing to complain about. I didn't vote for it because it is just does not stand out particularly. I am also not personally a fan of the "flat sided" ALttP mountains.

King Harkinian:
This is a very nice GB shot. The colors look good, and the design is interesting. I'm intrigued to what those two pipe-looking things are for. This puts me in the mind of Turtle Rock from ALttP for some reason. Voted.

Isdrakthül:
This is a good shot. I really like the palette. It's just not the most unique shot in this week's turnout, so that's why it didn't get my vote.

link1996:
This is not very interesting to me at all. It is a neat concept, and I lol'd at the lines, but at the end of the day it is a relatively boring shot to show, even if in-game it is very fun.

Yoshidude:
This gets third in my book. I always liked these tiles, and that particular palette in DoR. I'm not real big on the long grass hanging over the river banks up top, as it makes it looks shallow, and kinda odd in my book, but it is a small detail. One other knit pick is that the deep water borders look kind of out of perspective with them only going partly around the pond. I'd settle on either have the vertical edge pieces, or not having them at all. This is otherwise a very well done DoR shot.

Lynker:
This is a nice shot all around. It is well designed, and from an objective standpoint looks good, but I just can't get into those tiles anymore.

Moo2wo:
The only other dungeon shot, and a good one at that. It shows an interesting puzzle which I've never seen in ZC. Kudos to that. My only complaints are maybe make the sky stand out a bit more. I didn't notice it till after looking at it for a few seconds. I'd add some type of transition from the walls to the sky. The black in the walls also looks kind of odd. This is my second choice.

William:
This one is tied for second, IMO. I really like this shot, but I think some clouds or something else in the sky would make it look even better.

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

I voted King Harkinian 10\10
Because it throws me in to nostalgic state

everybody else very good job's icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Sepulcher - 7/10
A very solid improvement over last week. I'm not a big fan of the flower placement though. They are formed in the same pattern.

King Harkinian - 8/10
For a GB shot, this is very good. Solid structure and detail. But I am skeptical about the wall structure. It's more of a perspective issue.

Isdrakthül - 7/10
The structure is alright, but the way you structured the brushes is weird. And it severely lacks detail which is an essential to make that screen pop.

link1996 - 5/10
You get an A for creativity, but heavy style-clashing does not cut it for me. Sorry.

Yoshidude - 7/10
Like I said in OQSCT, the tree formation is so heavily clumped that it looks unnatural. I suggest cutting a few of them. Other than that, the structure of the screen itself is very good.

Lynker - 6/10
It's a "meh" overall. It kinda feels like a collage meaning that it has way too much variety.

Moo2wo - 7/10
Nice dungeon shot overall. It's very Link to the Heavens inspired. I'm not a big fan of the palette though. It's kinda dull.

William - 6/10
It's not as good as the overlook shot you showed last time. Plus, I don't like that orange sky.

#7 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

Moo, I'd make those blue blocks a row of three, too. Than I'd place some walkable border tiles in front of them. That'd look less WIP-ish and more polished out. That's all I seriously find to complain about.
The palette is nice, it might need to be retouched a little, though. The general concept you got going is quite nice, however.
Also might I suggest not to use those bones in every dugeon you build? They are fine in one and maybe even twice as PR is rather sparse with dungeon detail tiles but you have too make sure that your dungeons don't look and feel the same but are rather unique. I suggest ripping stuff from the Minish Cap, probably. Or give DFW's and Peteo's LI-graphics a quick look-through.
Edit: Even better: use the stuff Linkus made. It's awesome in all possible ways and you don't even have to recolour most of it.

Edited by Sheik91, 13 June 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#8 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:47 AM

I voted for King Harkinian. It reminds me very much of Link's Awakening, so the nostalgia factor is high, and the screen is very Zelda cannon. Moo2wo was a close second for me, but I just don't like the colours of the walls at all; to me they look wrongly coloured as if you did a poor job of ripping them or something, but I know you're great a ripping so I have a feeling it's just the look of the tiles.

I question how link1996 is currently winning this. Just compared to the others the quality isn't there. Something just doesn't seem quite right...

#9 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

After looking at all the shots, link1996's shot sticks out, and it's pretty creative. I voted for him.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

This contest has been very interesting so far. I'm rooting for link1996! icon_biggrin.gif

#11 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Jun 12 2011, 10:45 PM) View Post

Yoshidude - 7/10
Like I said in OQSCT, the tree formation is so heavily clumped that it looks unnatural. I suggest cutting a few of them. Other than that, the structure of the screen itself is very good.
Every way I change the trees makes it look like crap, so I can't change it.

Edited by Yoshidude, 13 June 2011 - 12:00 PM.

#12 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

I swear I hate that pillar I put in the bottom section.

Nulled for obvious reasons.

Personally, I love all of the shots, but I have a small problem with 2 of them. The colors in William's shot just hurt my eyes and don't mix well with me. In Link1996's shot, it's not detailed and bland. I give some credit for creativity, but that's pretty much it. And for my shot, as much as I love the nostalgic factor, I think I'll do one in another GBC palate because I understand some people dislike it as much as I like it, and I want my shots to be appealing to everyone. EDIT: Just because, I want to state that in my shot I was trying to get like an Eagle's Tower feel, with the poles you need to knock down.

-King Harkinian

Edited by King Harkinian, 13 June 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#13 crazymario

crazymario

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

As I'm all for originality and uniqueness, I voted for William's shot. Very well done! icon_biggrin.gif

King Harkinian came very close... Again, I enjoyed the Gameboy style, but I had to take points of for the off-perspective pillars.
link1996's shot was also unique, but there wasn't enough detail and, as already said, the tiles clash too much.
I liked Moo2wo's shot a lot. The puzzle looks interesting! icon_razz.gif Still...there seems like there's something missing from the shot, visually... not sure what, though.

Good luck to everyone this week! icon_wink.gif

#14 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Wooow, lots of amazing pictures again.
But my favourite one ist Isdrakthül's pic. ^^

@link1996:
Please tell me, where you got the micofone-tiles from, I MUST have them! XD

#15 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

Not including myself (of course), I'd say the rest of the shots rank as such:

Sepulcher>Lynker>Link1996>King>Isdrakthil>Yoshidude.

Sepulcher - 8/10
Solid design, colors, and overall flow to the screen. My favorite this week.

Lynker - 7.5/10
I like the colors and amount of detail put into the screen. Looks like a good amount of time was made making it. Second favorite.

Link1996 - 7/10
It's my third favorite purely because of the amount of creativity and work it must've taken to make it. Nice work, I must say. Certainly different. While there is some style clash, it look nice anyway.

Moo2wo - 7/10
Just slightly beaten out by Link's. It's creative, color full and interesting. Certainly good work.

King - 6.5/10
Another creative and overall nice screenshot this week. Fifth in my book.

Isdrakthil - 6/10
Not creative, or too interesting. But it IS a solid screen, and I can't see much that should be changed. Good work.

Yoshidude - 5/10
Looks oddly similar to Lynker's, only it's worse in every way. The trees bother me a ton, they look incredibly unnatural. I don't like how straight the river is, nor how little room that there is for Link to walk around. I'd even say that it's slightly cluttered. Not too bad, though. Just nothing new or exciting, and a it's little boring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users