combos tiles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

I am making combos from CV2 tiles ripped not so long ago (see my project page for "CV2 offtopic update) for my new quest project: Link stuck in Castlevania: The Master Quest. And have a quite a nasty problem: whenever I select tiles like this:

zelda012_zps19e54b39.png

and then hit "M" key, most often I end up with jumbled mess like this:

combos_zps69ced3fa.png

And further more that mess contains a lot more combos than selected tiles, complete with potential to corrupt any combos that happened to be there if I would place combos into space just large enough to fit tiles selected.

Any way to speed those things up considering the fact: most of my future ripping projects have a great potential to end up as huge as a whole tile page per level?

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Unfortunately, with the way combo editing works currently, you're either going to have to sacrifice tile page organization or combo page organization if you want to do things as fast as possible. Mass combo making doesn't work with the box selection tool so you'd have to arrange the tiles in the exact order they should appear in the combo list.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

You'll just have to do four in a horizontal row at a time. It's tedious I know, since I've constantly experienced it.

• Jared likes this

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Wow! I am glad to learn this just now.

#5 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

Press the Spacebar in the combo editor. It changes the view so that the combo rows are arranged horizontally instead of vertically.

Does that solve any problems?

Edit: The combo page you just posted also appears to consist of the "empty" combos you didn't select on the tile page. I don't think you need to really worry about those.

Edited by Orithan, 21 November 2013 - 01:36 AM.

• nicklegends likes this

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Again, it still leaves a mess in the combo editor. The best way to do it more quickly is to do four in a horizontal row at a time. That we you can implement adding solid/walk ability and combo flags/types more quickly too. No mess, less time consuming cleaning it up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: combos, tiles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users