making a custom quest kill pols voices with sound

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

so one cannot make a script weaopon "wistle 2'" to get the same effect?

#17 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Oh, they could, and it would be very, very simple. The script would play a sound effect, look at all the enemies on screen, and if they're a certain type, set their HP to zero. Really easy.

#18 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

I am thinking about scripting a whistle to kill polls voice.....

Edited by coolgamer012345, 29 August 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#19 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

:O
I must do this in my quest!

#20 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

As soon as I learn how to make scripts affect enemy's then I will post it here. How I am going to make it work is make script run off an enemy ID, So if you want a whistle weak darknut all you have to do is edit a D0 argument and put the enemy ID in it.

Edited by coolgamer012345, 29 August 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#21 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

One other thing: 

If you are able to script so that a loud noise into a microphone can actually influence ZC, you still need to consider the players who don't have microphones.

#22 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

In that case

You could probably do this right now... sort of, but it would involve more than just Zelda Classic.

First off, you'd have to create an extra button or something that is solely dedicated to "voice activated" stuff such as killing Pols Voice through scripting. Of course, Zelda Classic wouldn't actually be able to tell that you are voice activating stuff since the key is a messenger, so someone could be a cheater and just press the button instead of going through the rest of this.

After setting up the script, you'd have to find an application of some sort that accepts voice commands (or whatever so long as it is loud) and allows you to emulate keyboard input from those commands while other applications (like Zelda Classic) are in focus. It would then just be a matter of mapping the screaming to activate the button you've mapped with scripting to kill Pols Voice.

I'm not doing this, though. I have enough I'm working on as it is. But I thought that might be helpful for someone with too much time on their hands to try. icon_blah.gif

Would have to be used.

#23 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

how do you do it, even if it is just an item and not yelling into your mic? It could be another wistle, an air horn, a magic spell.

I can hardly get some simple things right, so scripting is all sorcery and quantum physics to me.

#24 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

I don't know how to make good scripts yet but I think this might be a base for a whistle script.

import "std.zh"

item script whistlekill

void run ()

{
{
lweapon coolWeapon = Screen->CreateLWeapon

(WHISTLE_WARP) //I dont know if that is a real thing
kill->npc = xx//put enemy ID here
}
}

I don't think that will work but it might be the start (I still need to learn scripting more).

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Just give this item script to a whistle.

item script Whistlescript{
    void run(){
        for (int i = 1; i <= Screen->NumNPCs(); i++) {
            npc enemie = Screen->LoadNPC(i);
            if ( enemie->ID == 55 ) //replace number with enemy id
                enemie->HP = 0;
        }
    }
}

Edited by Avataro, 17 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

• LikeLike on fire likes this

#26 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

ZC itself has no input for a microphone, however, you could make custom hardware for yourself that uses a microphone jack, a mic, and operates as a contact switch when it picks up sound. The FDS game used a hardware register that did essentially that, and has a sensitivity switch so that background sound didn't affect the system.

You would essentially be making a board that acted as a controller, with a microphone jack; or a dongle for an existing controller. Of course, you could get a P-I Fami-controller and wire it to a CPLD and add microphone operation, however you;d need to produce them for others to enjoy your game.

The other option is to make a piece of software that emulates a keypress whenever it picks up sound via an inbuilt system microphone, and distribute that with your game. I don't think that would be terribly difficult, but then again, I don;t know much about how Windows handles such things, and I'm not doing to try to make it. (I could more easily make the hardware, which would be OS-agnostic.)

If anyone is making an instrument-themed quest, you could also have a lute that puts creatures on the screen to sleep (stun, duration), or do other things tied to music, such as increasing Link's damage (think 'Bard's Tale' or D&D). Perhaps some enemies on a screen would also become enraged by such a tune, increasing their movement rate or damage.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 07 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#27 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

Just give this item script to a whistle.

item script Whistlescript{
    void run(){
        for (int i = 1; i <= Screen->NumNPCs(); i++) {
            npc enemie = LoadNPC(i);
            if ( enemie->ID == 55 ) //replace number with enemy id
                enemie->HP = 0;
        }
    }
}

so that is it? oh. i have rubbing hand motion of evil plan. oh wait.  I don't know. I just copypaste this in a text document and call it what it is?

Edited by LikeLike on fire, 09 September 2013 - 07:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users