226 replies to this topic

#16 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:22 AM

008_glinnesheet2.png

Allllllllllmost there...I think jumping and frames for hammer attacks are the only things left that still feel mandatory before I can feel comfortable uploading it to the database.

• Twilight Knight, Mitchfork, Sheik and 2 others like this

#17 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:56 AM

unknown.png
Allllllllllmost there...I think jumping and frames for hammer attacks are the only things left that still feel mandatory before I can feel comfortable uploading it to the database.

PERFECT!!! One last small request if it's not too much to ask. A sleeping sprite, based on Link waking up in bed when starting Link's Awakening?

#18 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:13 AM

Ether, you work fast. These are incredible. 

#19 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:28 PM

Er, is this you floating ideas or are those things you specifically want? Are you asking for those characters as protagonists with the full array of animations?

I can try the ice wall. I...can try a volcanic rock wall, but I'm not 100% confident that what you're thinking and what I'm thinking are the same thing, and I'm also not confident that a molten version will look any good under gameboy palette limitations. (On a tangential note I hate that the gameboy games think lava is maroon.)

Currently still working on the first character. All of her existing sprites have been changed a little from the last version (I rethought her headpiece), so fair warning. I added shields, a couple miscellaneous frames, and am currently working on push/pull animations. The shields are more the ZC style than the GB style...I'm not sure I'm going to implement a GB version in this rollout. I don't think I can make satisfactory jumping sprites without field testing, and my usual lab partner is indisposed tonight, but I do want to get those done when I can.

well for the first question is yeah it's those things i specifically want but you don't have to do it if you don't want to ^^' I just wanted to have a character way different from Link for one of a quest i'll make as soon i'll finish with the current one which me and TheRock works on it at least from 2 years or so. As for your second question yeah i asking for thoses characters as protagonists as well for their animations. (as well as playable characters as i thinking making the player the choice to play one of those two once i'll get the correct script for it. ) For the volcanic rock wall well imagine a edited and differant version from the cave dungeons walls but it could be a wall with lava cracks and stuffs. But the alternative would be a mines dungeon walls with woods, lenterns stuffs and maybe some decorations on it. And don't worry about the lava i prefer the lava red or half red and pink, or the lava color itself for making it more realistic. As for your warning and stuffs don't worry about that i can handle it as long there's no problem with the character animations and stuffs.

#20 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:24 PM

Okay, I'm going to do the zora. I also hope to make a full sheet for that gerudo from earlier at some point, and that shouldn't be hard to palette swap into a black woman just by changing the hair color. I don't know anything about SAO, though, so I won't be getting any inspiration there.

009_zora.png

Do you have a preference on headshape? The rounded head looks prettier to me, but also uggghhhh when I put it on the database everyone will assume it was a Ruto sprite forever.

Meanwhile:

010_glineesheet3.png

A few minor things got changed (her backsprite's ears are narrower, her downward strike is slightly different). Nothing I wanted to test yesterday has been tested, please make sure it works! I'll probably put it on the database tomorrow.

EDIT: UGH ACTUALLY NO, ONE MORE CHANGE (which was added in with this edit, it's her upward strike)

Edited by Ether, 26 February 2024 - 10:19 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Mitchfork, Sheik and 3 others like this

#21 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:36 AM

I WILL FOREVER LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!! The set looks absolutely stunning. :O :O You really have a great talent for spriting Ether!!

PS: I hope you could make some GBC style shielded sprites later on, if not, that's okay, I will try to make some minor edits for them; (I'm using a shield script).

#22 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:19 AM

Dang, you are the coolest person ever for making that female Link player character set. It's all kinds of awesome!

#23 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:53 PM

Well to be honest i do like the headsharp of the zora i really do but i think the headsharp and the head colors should be like Link's and to make her more unique i suggest to give her a cloths either a princess cloths or a traveller cloths and Maubeuge also the accessoires for her head like a rubban or a rocky crown. The rest of her body and the tail would stay blue but the body sharp should maybe be the same body as Link's but making maybe the tail visible for any sides or all sides except front side but the choice is yours ^^'

#24 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:23 PM

Okay, um...I don't think I'm going to do any of that. What you're asking for isn't going to work in a GBC palette. The closest I can get to clothes here is drawing outlines suggesting a dress while keeping the colors exactly the same, but I think that makes the sprite look slightly worse if anything. If you want to just copy/paste her head onto different Link bodies then that's your prerogative just like any other edit would be, but I am not interested in doing that myself. I can try to fit in a head accessory, though.

EDIT: Technically I could also give her a full-length (blue) dress like Zelda or Nayru wear. It would work and dresses tend to be easier than legs, so there's that.

Edited by Ether, 08 April 2021 - 05:37 PM.

#25 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:49 PM

i understand your choices and your reasons. ^^' sorry 'bout that but hey like i said i pretty much liked the zora sprite. Just in case i could download the sprite and i'll try to figure something out. The thing that i would really need a hand is the sideview of the sprites and behind the sprites as well. 

#26 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:56 PM

That's fine! I have no problem with anyone editing anything I make for this thread (for ZC purposes, etc etc). I do intend to make a playable zora spritesheet regardless, so having other poses won't be a problem.

#27 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:06 PM

The spritesheet is officially up. I threw in a couple more last-minute frames (emotions, falling, getting squished).

I haven't started working on the zora sheet yet, but I think I'll be using this or something similar:

011_experimentalzora.png

• Sheik, Jared, Demonlink and 2 others like this

#28 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:07 PM

Can you make sprites for the Firebird tile set? It's similar to GBC but it's own style I guess. I'm looking for a bunch of enemy and boss sprites.

Could you be a bit more specific on what you're asking for? I was under the impression that the 2.0 release has enemies/bosses.

Firebird's unfortunately going to be a backburner thing for me. (I actually really like Firebird, and would love for it to see widespread use. But I also don't think there's much I can do for it. The general consensus I get from questmakers is that it's just extremely user unfriendly and almost no one likes making screens in it--the product of artists without enough input from questmakers. And, uhhh...I would not be a change to that pattern.)

I just wanted to chime in: my 2.0 update (linked in my signature) has been updated with a complete enemy set, and has been changed around to be user friendly. :)

#29 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:32 PM

I haven't started working on the zora sheet yet, but I think I'll be using this or something similar:

unknown.png

Don't worry about that take as many time as you can. I mean i won't make a new quest anytime soon well at least as long the current one is not finished. However i could use her as a special easter egg for something. 

#30 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 April 2021 - 09:37 PM

I'd like to add a small contribution: the Oracle shield style sprites (and the sword charging sprites, forgot to ask for those).

W05QMt3.png

Not sure if they look good enough, but I think they work pretty well. @Ether, what do you think? By the way... could you please make some "holding shield" poses similar to Link's? (I would be happy if you even only drew the small shield set). I could try to finish the rest of the set since I think I've already asked for too much, but I'd like to see how you would draw female Link in a holding position... 

Edited by Demonlink, 09 April 2021 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users