Photo

Screenshot of the Week 409

Shoelace Sheik Scootaloo Jared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 409 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Shoelace
Shoelace.gif
Don't jump.... You have your whole life of ahead of you... Saving these people that don't help you out, saving a princess that won't date you because you are not royalty... You have so much to look forward to!

Sheik
Sheik.png
too lazy to open in zc. #yolo

Scootaloo
Scootaloo.jpg
Life's a beach, oh and TS is awful

Jared
Jared.png

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I shoed for Shoe. Shoe shoe, shoe~!

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

Voted for shoelace, I really like that waterfall!

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

I like Jared's best. The red trees are a nice touch. Scoot's is second; it's just a little to jumbled in the middle. Shoe's has a very nice idea, but I can't visually 'read' it very well at all. Mine was taken in ZQ, who would vote for that.
  • Jared likes this

#5 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

Voted for Shoelace. Not only are these shots incredibly rare in SotW, you made it look fantastic in the process. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that waterfall in ZC either.

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

i voted for Sheik it was taken in zquest
(No seriously, I love the design and palette. Jared was runner up because it looks unique.)

#7 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I voted for Sheik, I love the way it looks and the palette makes it all comes together just perfect. :3

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Voting for Shoelace, for the wonderful screen. The detailing looks quite good! I've never seen such great screens since Time After.

Sheiks screen looks also very good. You're great at using DoR, but best thing is the palette ;D

Edited by Avataro, 06 May 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#9 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Eh... am I missing something here? Everyone keeps saying shoelace's one looks awesome, but the middle?... I mean it looks like it's 2 completely different screens. Am I just blind or something? Not saying it's bad(it definitely has some nice details) but it looks weird..

I voted for Jared.

Edited by Hoff123, 06 May 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

As with my screens even from hero of dreams it is the area and mood that makes this forest. It fits really well with my layout. I wanted to show the waterfalls that I made because I haven't seen any that are not falling from the north. So I made them in all directions. This area is important to the game but I will give details about in the next couple of months.

It is a close race. Excited to see how it turns out. :)

• Hoff123 likes this

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

I really, really, really, really, REALLY wanted to vote for Shoelace's screenshot. So badly I did. It looks like it's two smaller screenshots spliced together in the middle though. I just can't see it as one landscape. Maybe it's my own perspective's problem. I had to vote for Sheik instead, not that it's a bad shot at all. I friggin love waterfalls.

#12 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I was conflicted. I loved Shoelace's shot, but like others have said, it seemed to be lacking some cohesion. I ended up voting for Sheik. It wasn't as ambitious, but it accomplished what it set out to do.

#13 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Shoelace's floating island lake thingy is really, really interesting conceptually, but I love Sheik's palette too much to not vote for it. Sorry, everyone else.

#14 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

@Shoelace:
This is an amazing idea!!! Pandora in a Zeldagame. XD

#15 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Had to vote for Scootaloo. Shoelace's one had a strange angle thing (I forgot the word). Sheik's one seemed to have a bit too much detail in each tile for my liking. And I just generally prefer Scootaloo's one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shoelace, Sheik, Scootaloo, Jared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users