Photo

Have you ever sacrificed a heart container rather than spend rupees?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:20 PM

You know those "Leave a Heart Container or -x- rupees to proceed" rooms? Have you ever actually left a Heart Container? :blink:

Similarly, in those "You can either take a Heart Container or a Red Potion," did you ever take the Red Potion?
  • Jared and Matthew like this

#2 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

In situations where the money demand was high, yeah I sacrificed a heart, but I hoped there were plenty of HPCs to make up for it.  As far as the latter, no not yet lol.

#3 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

I've done it in the first BoaB and Origin's 3rd Quest.

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

No, but...

• Evan20000 and Lüt like this

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

Nope, never.  Life is priceless.

• ShadowTiger, Matthew and Lüt like this

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:11 AM

No, but...

Okay, that genuinely made me cringe, albeit in a fun and happy way. :P Thank you for posting that online. That's kind of terrifying.

#7 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:02 AM

I Have Made it More than Once in One Run Relativly Early in The Quest Erosion :D

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:17 AM

Always sacrificed money and always took the Heart Container instead of the potion.

The only exceptions are probably when quests force me to take the other option :P

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:09 PM

I've done it in the first BoaB and Origin's 3rd Quest.

This.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:20 PM

No, because I find the second quest difficult enough as it is. I don't need to permanently sacrifice my well-being for any replaceable items. :)

Also, everybody has seen what happens if you leave your life with three heart containers, right?

• Eddy, Matthew and Lordkronos like this

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

I've never left a heart, but I have taken the potion before. I think it was when I was testing my second quest thing in Koten so it wasn't really during a "real" play through. :P

#12 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

No, because I find the second quest difficult enough as it is. I don't need to permanently sacrifice my well-being for any replaceable items. :)

Also, everybody has seen what happens if you leave your life with three heart containers, right?

How is this Even Possible but it Remains me of The Binding of Isaac There you can Lost all your Hearts for an Devil Deal Maybe there it was the Same :D

#13 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

I never take the red potion instead of the heart, but the first time i play ( and i play blind ) i left the heart instead of money, i was hoping that there was a extra heart somewhere..

• ShadowTiger likes this

#14 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:03 PM

I never take the red potion instead of the heart, but the first time i play ( and i play blind ) i left the heart instead of money, i was hoping that there was a extra heart somewhere..

I wonder if there's a way to take note of which one you left and have dummy chests around the world which give money or life depending on how many hearts you've left to the Old Man.

• Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#15 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

I wonder if there's a way to take note of which one you left and have dummy chests around the world which give money or life depending on how many hearts you've left to the Old Man.

Keep a tally of how many hearts you have, via script; have it start at your starting hearts. Add a collect script to heart containers that increments it by 1. Add a collect script to heart pieces that increments it by 1 if it was the last piece. If your current hearts are less than the tally, then you have given that many to the old man; then do with that information what you will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users