Teleporting Wizzrobes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

Is there a way to make teleporting wizzrobes take longer before they vanish?

#2 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

I dont know of any way to do that in the enemy editor or without scripting.

In theory, you could make a wizzrobe-like enemy with the Newbie Boss script. The teleporting for the enemies is more random than the wizzrobes that teleport at a steady rate. If you set the enemy to always face Link and shoot in the direction its facing (both can be done with the script I mentioned), then youd pretty much have a wizzrobe with a more complex teleporting pattern.

Thats the best solution that I can come up with, anyway  :shrug:

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:36 AM

The easiest way that I can offer is to set ->Stun for the extra few frames that you want. They'd just stand there, and couldn't damge Link, but Ikm not sure what your goal is here.

Dimentio quasi-replicated some Wizzrobes in AutoGhost usng the internal npc code as a basis. Perhaps he'd share that, but IDK if it's in a state to be used by...people.

Anything based on the internal Wizzrobe code is ... bleah.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#4 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

I mean, the intention is that the wizzrobe is on a platform Link can't reach while he stands there, so him not being able to damage Link by touch wouldn't be that much of an issue. As long as they could still be damaged by the script Moosh gave me here, it should be fine.

I mean, I don't need this too urgently, because it's something I could probably work around. If the wizzrobe immediately reappears after vanishing, then it'll be on screen most of the time anyway

#5 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Ok, for this enemy, I've started using the beginner-level boss script (this one), but I also need the enemy to tribble into another one. Help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users