Photo

Screenshot of the Week 747

Twilight Knight HeroOfFire Joelmacool Mani Kanina Moosh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 747 (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:51 PM

Well here we are again. It's always such a pleasure. Remember when you tried to kill me twice?

Drop a vote for your favorite, and consider leaving some feedback, too!

HeroOfFire
HeroOfFire.png
Randomly trying a classic overworld with different, expanded palettes.

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
Magmatic C
averns

Mani Kanina
ManiKanina.png
A new fresh hyrule

Moosh
Moosh.png
As Link makes his way to the far reaches of Nightmare Hyrule to check the last few item locations, he stops and thinks to himself, "Y'all should play 7th Quest Randomizer."

Twilight Knight
TwilightKnight.png
Looks like this place could crumble and collapse at any time...

• nicklegends, Twilight Knight, Joelmacool and 3 others like this

#2 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:09 PM

I like Twilight Knight's screen, very much
...but this week, my vote goes to Joel...
...I'm very impressed by this vulcanic cave design.

• Twilight Knight and Joelmacool like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:13 PM

I really enjoy the Magmatic C
averns.

Between Joel and Twilight Knight, I ended up voting Twilight Knight. That's an awesome reimagining of the dungeon.

• Twilight Knight and Bagu like this

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:17 PM

So much enhanced classic.  I love it!  Great shot from TK too.  I love seeing something from that kind of setting.  My favorite goes to Joel.  Excellent attention to detail.  You really pulled something off there.

• Twilight Knight and Joelmacool like this

#5 Ghost

Ghost

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:18 AM

Moosh. The perspective is great, and the chains are neat. Nice execution and addition on old graphics.

Other one's are pretty generic, save Twilight Knight, which is a bit too one tone.

• Bagu likes this

#6 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

HeroOfFire
I like your concept of drawing attention to the center of the screen by having the higher mountains be faded. Also this is a nice palette!

Joelmacool
Great atmosphere and I'm liking all this custom spritework. The goron looks awesome. I do think it would be more NES style if the goron had more vibrant colours though (like all the other NPCs).

Mani Kanina
Nice and clean design, I really like the palette as well!

Moosh
Very creative work with these mountains and I like those chains. Nice detail to have the last chain bend a bit. Also a pleasing colour for that water.

Twilight Knight, which is a bit too one tone.

I thought about this as well and considered green for the borders/ornaments, but I'm not too sure about it...

Here's an example:

POnExUn.png

• Shane likes this

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

Have you tired a light blue? Green works nicely though.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#8 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:37 AM

Joelmacool

Great atmosphere and I'm liking all this custom spritework. The goron looks awesome. I do think it would be more NES style if the goron had more vibrant colours though (like all the other NPCs).

Oh, I probably should've made it more clear (it's more clear in-game), but the reason the Goron doesn't have such vibrant colours is because he is transparent... since he's actually a ghost!

• Twilight Knight, Shane and Bagu like this

#9 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

Have you tired a light blue? Green works nicely though.

I haven't, but I tried it and posted it here so I don't spam the thread with my screenshots  :P

Oh, I probably should've made it more clear (it's more clear in-game), but the reason the Goron doesn't have such vibrant colours is because he is transparent... since he's actually a ghost!

Ahh, cool!
But also sad :'(

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:37 AM

Really tough choice this week, but I voted for Moosh. The screen has a nice balance to it and I like the shading of the water at the mouth of the waterfall as well as the shadows on the rocks.

Joelmacool's shot is a beautiful runner-up. I like that it thwarts the common scheme of having light ground and dark details.

#11 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:44 AM

Joelmacool's shot is a beautiful runner-up. I like that it thwarts the common scheme of having light ground and dark details.

Dark ground on light walls is pretty common for cave areas. Makes the environment seem darker.
  • nicklegends likes this

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:44 AM

Well here we are again. It's always such a pleasure. Remember when you tried to kill me twice?

What? What kind of intro is this?  :augh: 

Man I love these screens. So much love for the classic set.

#13 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:16 PM

HeroOfFire - Fine shot.  Nothing special here.  I think the palette could be improved by pushing the bush and water colors to be a little less primary.

Joelmacool - Really neat shot.  The palette work here really sells the environment and I like the custom tile work with the lava/mountain borders.

Mani Kanina - Absolutely gorgeous palette.  Love the little slight point on the classic trees too.  Composition is very classic, which was ultimately a factor for me, but nothing wrong with that outside of SotW.

Moosh - This is where I voted.  The palette work isn't as strong as Mani's and the screen could definitely use a little detail pass, but I kinda love the concept of these giant walkable chains holding the world together.  I'm also always a sucker for these "top of the mountain" perspective shots.

Twilight Knight - A bit basic on the screen composition - but that's fine for a dungeon.  The palette is very one-note as other people have pointed out - I think replacing the reds with greens is definitely the right move here.  I really like what you did with the light coming from the entrance in a line - I would actually really like to see that be blocked by the large rock in the room.  It would really sell the effect in my opinion.

• Rambly and Twilight Knight like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Knight, HeroOfFire, Joelmacool, Mani Kanina, Moosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users