1077 replies to this topic

#1 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

http://kotaku.com/55...remake/gallery/

Blargh.

Anyone who had access to the Nintendo E3 Press website (me included) could in theory stumble upon these screenshots (link above). I didn't find them myself, as they were apparently sort of hidden in a way, but I did have sources telling me we would see yet another Zelda title at this years E3, that being for the 3DS... as those of you who watched the live broadcast already knows that they didn't talk about it, but not long after, some dudes somehow found those screenshots on Nintendo's own website for the press. This means that the screenshots are without a doubt from Nintendo themselves, but it doesn't mean it's a game that's going to be released. As Kotaku mentions, it could just be a tech-demo to show off what the 3DS could do, but I would like to guess that it's not, and that Miyamoto and crew are working on a freaking re-make of Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo Thrii. Dii. Ess.

I remember saying that they were going to do this back when the original DS was released, so personally I'm not too surprised, though I am really happy that we might get to see our favorite Hero of Time yet again. In my opinion, the graphics shown in the screenshots are looking kick-ass. It's also quite possible that new story-elements will be added in to tie the game better to the newly revealed; Skyward Sword (akward name).

But please keep in mind though, that we can't be sure this isn't just a tech-demo, but to be honest, I don't think it is. I'll keep you updated, unless someone else beats me to it... or something.

Blargh.

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

I love this comment on the gallery:
How to sell a **** load of 3DS units Lesson 1: See Article

I have sort of mixed opinions on the thing though... if it does indeed turn out to be an OoT remake, I don't think I'll be getting it. I just don't think it's possible to do a game like that justice with a remake.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

Not just that, but I've played through and beaten it so many times, I'm not sure if I'd want to play it through again. Dunno. Might. It could still be fun. We'll see.
  • Cukeman likes this

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

But it's Ocarina of Time with 3D! How can you not want to play that? icon_razz.gif The arrows will be flying... IN YOUR FACE!

#5 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

If that's the 3ds... Then I'm not impressed. The screen resolution looks terrible that low. I like the new textures, they seem pretty pleasing to the eye, but they're not worth much when the screen can't even properly render them.

#6 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Looks like I'll be sleeping in the streets the day before the 3DS hit shelves.

#7 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

I don't remember seeing anything about Ocarina of Time on the press site, so I have the feeling this isn't true. It'd be cool none the less, and it would certainly be possible.
  • Cukeman likes this

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jun 15 2010, 10:43 PM) View Post
If that's the 3ds... Then I'm not impressed. The screen resolution looks terrible that low. I like the new textures, they seem pretty pleasing to the eye, but they're not worth much when the screen can't even properly render them.
First off, if this is a full game, it's most likely not close to being done, which means that there's still stuff that needs to be polished. Lot's of games early screenshots has poorer resolution than the final game. That, and the 3DS isn't too old yet, and the developers are most likely not completely "in" with how everything works yet... this is proven further by the fact that we saw almot nothing of actual 3DS gameplay during the keynote presentation, so I think your judging the game prematurely. Personally, I don't mind the res.

You also have to take into concideration that the shots looks blurry most likely due to the screenshots themselves, and it doesn't mean it has to represent how the final game will look, should it be released. It's poor quality shots, but the graphics themselves are killer.

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Jun 15 2010, 10:53 PM) View Post
I don't remember seeing anything about Ocarina of Time on the press site, so I have the feeling this isn't true. It'd be cool none the less, and it would certainly be possible.
No, they're there. Well, they can have been removed by now, but according to Kotaku, they were found by using a work-around on the site. That means it wasn't availible by hitting a few links. My bet is that whoever found them, did so by manually typing in random stuff in the adress bar, in the same way that you can add "/forums" to www.purezc.com to directly enter the forums. Get me?
They're available via a workaround on Nintendo's E3 press site. Curiously, no announcement was made of the game during the company's E3 press conference. Maybe it was being saved for later, like Zelda Wii was last year?
That's from the Kotaku article I linked to. They wouldn't say that unless they had seen the shots on the site themselves too. It's a fact that they were found on Nintendos website, but that doesn't have to mean it's going to be a full game. But as I said, it most likely is. Either way, as I said, it's fact that the shots came from Nintendo themselves... icon_razz.gif

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

I am impressed with the OoT screenshots, because they didn't just model it after TP, it really is OoT Link, big ears and all. icon_smile.gif (OoT Link had LONG ears; TP Link's were more Spock-sized.)

Anyway, I guess I will be buying a 3DS eventually... I have replayed OoT (regular and Master Quest) about 15-20 times, and that's because it continues to be entertaining enough to warrant at least one replay a year, if not more.

#10 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 15 2010, 06:57 PM) View Post

First off, if this is a full game, it's most likely not close to being done, which means that there's still stuff that needs to be polished. Lot's of games early screenshots has poorer resolution than the final game. That, and the 3DS isn't too old yet, and the developers are most likely not completely "in" with how everything works yet... this is proven further by the fact that we saw almot nothing of actual 3DS gameplay during the keynote presentation, so I think your judging the game prematurely. Personally, I don't mind the res.

Yeah, but I mean the physical screen resolution seems tiny. The original DS (and all subsequent models) only had a 256 x 192 screen.

Upon checking, it seems that the 3DS is reported to have a 800 x 240 screen, but the 3D technology effectively makes it a 400 x 240 screen (divided between each eye). I personally find that absurd. The resolution of any newly introduced mobile devices should really start at 480p. This isn't 2004.

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jun 15 2010, 11:10 PM) View Post

Yeah, but I mean the physical screen resolution seems tiny. The original DS (and all subsequent models) only had a 256 x 192 screen.

Upon checking, it seems that the 3DS is reported to have a 800 x 240 screen, but the 3D technology effectively makes it a 400 x 240 screen (divided between each eye). I personally find that absurd. The resolution of any newly introduced mobile devices should really start at 480p. This isn't 2004.
I think you're being too sceptical: http://kotaku.com/55...nshots/gallery/ That's the 3DS... if that is not a vaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast improvement from the old DS, then I don't know. I would play a Wii game with those kinds of graphics without thinking it over.

#12 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

"Skeptical" probably isn't the right word. Perhaps I'm being a bit cynical, but I am pointing out some clear things that bother me.

I do think it's hilarious that the 3DS looks nearly as good as the Wii... but I'm probably getting some sort of moderator flags for bashing the Wii so much today that I'll stop there.

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jun 15 2010, 11:24 PM) View Post
"Skeptical" probably isn't the right word. Perhaps I'm being a bit cynical, but I am pointing out some clear things that bother me.

I do think it's hilarious that the 3DS looks nearly as good as the Wii... but I'm probably getting some sort of moderator flags for bashing the Wii so much today that I'll stop there.
It's perfectly fine to have opinions, as long as they are worded properly. I don't think you have a problem with that though icon_razz.gif

Sure, I won't say the Wii has top-notch graphics, but it's still not that bad. Nintendo gets that it's not all about HD and... yeah, well HD... though I won't argue that I wouldn't mind a Wii HD. In fact, I would love to have one, but I guess for now I'm gonna have to do with component cables or something.

#14 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

Seeing as how I haven't played this in a while, I will be happy if this is true..

Bonus points if Master Quest is included, I can dream~

#15 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

Maybe they'll add in the fabled Wind Temple that was supposed to be in the game. icon_razz.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users