Mike's Fun House

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:34 PM

I will watch the video.  Thanks!   And I really am enjoying myself.   It's maddening but incredibly addictive, which I think is what you are going for.

Edit:  Yloh I am sorry.   My earlier post was a total overreaction.  I literally didn't figure out how to get one key (the one where you have to push the blocks) and that broke open the entire level.  Once I watched the video and figured out how to get that key I beat the level in five minutes.  I shouldn't have thrown a little tantrum like that in my post.   In hindsight I should have figured out how to get it.

I am back on my way.  

Edited by SofaKing, 22 October 2019 - 10:46 PM.

#32 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:07 AM

MFH often was updated, was any big thing added or changed? 

Main dungeons become much more complex from Lv4. It's difficult to clear without any help.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 23 October 2019 - 06:31 PM.

#33 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:32 AM

I recently found a raft bug in L7 that prevents me from going further. 

I don't think the quest has changed much with the frequent updating...but I mentioned a lot of spelling/grammar fixes a while back. I just started playing again after being on a bit of a hiatus. L4 is intended to be ridiculously hard...but even Yloh himself mentioned a few posts ago that its a mess...and he might redo it. The game play itself gets a bit more balanced when you find the Ring in L5. And in my experience....both L5 and L6 are a LOT easier than L4.

Edited by Epsalon ZX, 23 October 2019 - 07:39 AM.

#34 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:59 AM

After cleared Lv4, the magic sword is obtainable before Lv5 world in Arena 4. Entrance is found on Heaven or Hell.

Edited by Stray Sheep, 23 October 2019 - 07:16 PM.

#35 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

I don't think the quest has changed much with the frequent updating...but I mentioned a lot of spelling/grammar fixes a while back. I just started playing again after being on a bit of a hiatus. L4 is intended to be ridiculously hard...but even Yloh himself mentioned a few posts ago that its a mess...and he might redo it. The game play itself gets a bit more balanced when you find the Ring in L5. And in my experience....both L5 and L6 are a LOT easier than L4.

Those updates are mainly me fixing the spelling/grammar errors you have pointed out and me changing some of the enemies when the Newbie Boss script updated. I also changed some of the enemies weaknesses after watching Stray Sheep destroy my grey lynel with the wand. The wand only does 4 damage to it now. I wanted players to work harder for the sequence break boots.

Sadly, I don't intend on changing L4 because that level is a pain to work on. My solution to L4 is to write a step by step guide on how to pass that level for new players who get stuck in that stage. 

With the space level, don't raft in the areas with the yellow dotted squares. Those yellow doted squares are intended to work like they did in Mario World. When you find the yellow switch and hit it with your hammer, they will turn into solid blocks that allow you to walk on them. The raft works well with the other areas and you should be allowed to progress without rafting over the yellow dotted areas. 

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#36 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

I deleted that video a while ago, because I heard Grey Lynel got resistance against wand's wave. So now I don't recommend to try that Grey Lynel early like the fairy in just previous room says. Now trying defeat it early is a challenging, muhaha.   

Edited by Stray Sheep, 23 October 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#37 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:23 AM

There's still one area you can't raft in that you 'need' to to reach the dock. Check my messages

#38 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:38 PM

Don't know why it wasn't working before as it was always working before, but after some minor changes the rafting section is working now and I just submitted an update.

#39 Amatsu

Amatsu

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:53 AM

This quest is what convinced me to make an account here...if only to report a bug I discovered. By using the F6 item in the Job Offer room, it'll teleport you to a room where the Kool-Aid Man breaks through a wall. Moving around and then using F6 again will put you in what I assume is an extremely late-game area, Heaven or Hell, but since I've only recently gotten to said job offer for the first time...I'm largely hoping there isn't some weird progression tracking flags I ran into with this.

#40 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:39 AM

This quest is what convinced me to make an account here...if only to report a bug I discovered. By using the F6 item in the Job Offer room, it'll teleport you to a room where the Kool-Aid Man breaks through a wall. Moving around and then using F6 again will put you in what I assume is an extremely late-game area, Heaven or Hell, but since I've only recently gotten to said job offer for the first time...I'm largely hoping there isn't some weird progression tracking flags I ran into with this.

Woah, that is a big bug. I'll look into it when I get off of work. If you haven't completed Arena 3 yet, then you shouldn't be able to access Heaven or Hell. If you saved your game and got stuck in that area, then I'll give you a level 4 cheat. 

#41 Amatsu

Amatsu

• Members

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:42 PM

I was able to escape with the whistle, thankfully. Equally thankfully is that with this bug/exploit, you don't really gain much, because if you do it as soon as possible, you don't really have the tools to attain too much from it, think one of the rupees in Crash Basement I was able to access, and Arena 4, but without the right weapon, one of the rooms is impossible to pass.  I'm not even sure why I tried the F6 item in that specific location: gamer's hunch, I guess. You COULD use it to skip the 501 rupee requirement to get in, though.

Edit: Also lets you get a heart piece early, as well as accessing Arena 3, but nothing too huge so far. Never hurts to explore the full extent of a issue this big!

Edit 2: Going deeper into it, I've managed to reach the Level 5 entrance far sooner than intended, but I believe this exploration has ultimately soft locked the save as I cannot find a key to progress deeper into Mike's Garden. I've already gotten the key from defeating Flowey and going though that small room, as well as the one from the plant monster, so I must have used one of those keys somewhere I wasn't supposed to. I managed to not notice the lock bushes during my initial pass through the area. Willing to provide my save to double-check I truly haven't missed something along the way, though, but this softlock is on me for exploring where I shouldn't, lol...

Edited by Amatsu, 24 October 2019 - 03:40 PM.

#42 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:33 PM

Hey, some guy linked one of my videos!

I haven't logged into these forums in ages but I'm glad to see my goofy streams are helpful to folks. I love your quest, Yloh! You might even be to blame for getting me playing ZC regularly again.

#43 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:51 AM

I made it past Level 6 and into Future World and got my 16-bit item.  As a player of somewhat limited skill I'm giving this more of a go than I thought I ever would.   Death count is somewhere in the neighborhood of 600.   If I make it all the way through I fully expect to hit four figures.   I would say if a replayed this up to where I am now, knowing what I know now, I could probably prevent somewhere between half and 2/3 of my deaths and be in the 200 to 300 range.

There are a lot of cheap traps and trial-and-error challenges to be sure but there is also a lot of absolutely brilliant level design.  This quest is a masterpiece in many ways, unlike anything else in the database, and way more people should be playing it.

Also, Surreal Canine, your video has helped me a couple times when I just couldn't quite figure out what I needed to do next.  Usually it was something I should have figured out (generally something I needed to do to get a key).  Thanks for making it!  

Edited by SofaKing, 02 November 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#44 oloasp

oloasp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

Hi, is this quest strictly for 2.50.2? I am using 2.53 and cannot seem to buy or pickup arrows, even though I bought the "pick up arrows from ground" - thing in bowsers castle

#45 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

Do you have the bow item?  Until you have everything you need to fire arrows I don't think you carry them.  I'm using 2.53 and have been firing arrows for awhile.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users